* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by KingDeeJay

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

i'm the biggest Hov fan but your acting as if HE wasnt one of the "rappers" telling us that all of those things were "cool"
laugh.gif

i can see if he is moving away from that image now BUT the way you stated it makes it seem as if hes goin at other people for doing it...if anything he was a bigger proponent for most of it-
When did he tell ya'll to sell drugs? he didn't, he did that, so hopefully ya'll don't have to go through that.

lol was about to say the same thing...lol...
lolz lolz...wait what?

your taking my words too literal...no one can say that jay hasn't glorified the drug dealer lifestyle - like i said im a big fan so i'm not getting athim or his content just at that statement made by someone in here-

BUT since you wanna be literal and go line for line heres 1=

Get a crate, some CRACK and some house slippers, a newspaper, lookout boy and GET YOUR CHIPS UP

finally decided to listen before 9/11 & i must say that this isnt even as bad as people made it seem to be...i didnt like a star is born ,off that,&maybe forever young...overall 8/10

Some of you guys are too picky or living in the past too much. Empire State of Mind is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tillmatic

H-O-V, I got my own lane already(nobody in it)
HOV-lane.jpg

Somebody in here said this album was missing the double entendres.
eyes.gif

Its full of them.

good find
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I always thought he was talkin bout this line from Luda
laugh.gif

"I'm so far ahead it's only RIGHT for you to hate on me mayne
When I'm pushin 90 by myself up in the H.O.V. lane"

I didnt go back and read the last few pages..but the very first time i heard the Swizz track..To me it sounded like Weezy's old flow..around dedication 3.Thats the only track though...but this album is flames...I still can't get down wit off that, but the rest of it is fire...even "Hate" lol....

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

@$!% all that hate...

This album is "Nice" [emoji]169[/emoji] Fabolous.
real talk...only disappointing track as a drake and hov fan is off that

EDIT: OMFG....."Hate" is TRASH...Im so pissed at Ye and Jay
mad.gif

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

really though how the *+$% is this ANYTHING like wayne's rapping?
It's not. Don't mind them.

Anyways, it's crazy to think that Jay may pass Elvis for most number one albums next to the Beatles.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

yall have no ear for music ... you dont recognize flow patterns and breath control ... its ok not to hear that because honestlly it takes someonewho has been around music to understand so dont feel bad ...

but if you think he isnt rapping like wayne does nowadays then you just dont no what youre talking about ... and im not talking about the whole cd there are aselect few songs and certain verses that are done this way ...

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

yall have no ear for music ... you dont recognize flow patterns and breath control ... its ok not to hear that because honestlly it takes someone who has been around music to understand so dont feel bad ...

roll.gif

oh really huh?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

yall have no ear for music ... you dont recognize flow patterns and breath control ... its ok not to hear that because honestlly it takes someone who has been around music to understand so dont feel bad ...

roll.gif

oh really huh?
roll.gif

roll.gif
this dude play the trombone and now he got an ear for music?

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

roll.gif

oh really huh?
roll.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
, for someone who hates this album he sure is giving it alot of attention by being in this thread. You won't catch me in no thread a million times afterwards, if the album sucks I express my displeasure once andthen it's "On To The Next One". Dudes like Jehova's Witnesses in here trying to make you NOT like the album too.

Anyways, it's crazy to think that Jay may pass Elvis for most number one albums next to the Beatles.

I crush Elvis in his blue suede shoes, make the Rolling Stones seem sweet as kool aid to
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

roll.gif

oh really huh?
roll.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
, for someone who hates this album he sure is giving it a lot of attention by being in this thread. You won't catch me in no thread a million times afterwards, if the album sucks I express my displeasure once and then it's "On To The Next One". Dudes like Jehova's Witnesses in here trying to make you NOT like the album too.

laugh.gif

He DOES rap like wayne sometimes on this album, if you don't see it maybe you should take Jay's nuts off from your chin.

REMINDER?
HATE?
The way he says his words over pronounced.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

He DOES rap like wayne sometimes on this album, if you don't see it maybe you should take Jay's nuts off from your chin.

REMINDER?
HATE?
The way he says his words over pronounced.

Yeah, because Wayne was the first to over-pronounce words in rap.

Missy's been doing it since her first album.

You must of been born either on January 1st 1990 or after.

I like the album.

The whole thing.

Every song.

BUT.

My man Jay is sounding out of shape at the end of his bars when he's not rapping in a 'normal' flow. _ need to go do P90x or something and get hiswind back.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

I like the album.

The whole thing.

Every song.

BUT.

My man Jay is sounding out of shape at the end of his bars when he's not rapping in a 'normal' flow. _ need to go do P90x or something and get his wind back.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
aka trying to flow like someone he isnt ... just as i was saying ...

everyone quick to
eek.gif
alien.gif
devil.gif
embarassed.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
glasses.gif
grin.gif
happy.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
smile.gif
smokin.gif
tired.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
yet they have no clue what they are talking about ...

Yeah, because Wayne was the first to over-pronounce words in rap.

Missy's been doing it since her first album.

You must of been born either on January 1st 1990 or after.

like i said earlier in this thread, wayne definitely wasnt the first tod o this, but he definitely OVERDOES it when it comes to thi style ... an dyou haventheard jay rap like this up until about a year ago ... now all of a sudden his entire cd is riddled with %$#% that doesnt fit him ... he cant control his breathand he cant control his words like wayne can ... that isnt to say wayne is better because he isnt, wayne is just better in that aspect ... theres a reasonw hythe best songs on this cd sound so smooth and like the "old jay" because the new jay %$#% is garbage ...

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

roll.gif

oh really huh?
roll.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
, for someone who hates this album he sure is giving it a lot of attention by being in this thread. You won't catch me in no thread a million times afterwards, if the album sucks I express my displeasure once and then it's "On To The Next One". Dudes like Jehova's Witnesses in here trying to make you NOT like the album too.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

and if you listen to Jay's music.....he's been doing that his WHOLE career, check Reasonable Doubt,

Next thing is "Jay foresaw Wayne being great so he jacked his flow before wayne could use it........ he's a Camal"

I like the album.

The whole thing.

Every song.

BUT.

My man Jay is sounding out of shape at the end of his bars when he's not rapping in a 'normal' flow. _ need to go do P90x or something and get his wind back.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
aka trying to flow like someone he isnt ... just as i was saying ...
No.

Aka not having the breath control that you used to.

Experimentation, he pulled it off well enough to be coherent. It just wasn't as crisp. If he kep at it, he would master it. But I really don't see Jayworking on his flow like that. Too many other fish to fry.

I'm sure Jay pre-Black album woulda pulled it off no problem.

No.

Aka not having the breath control that you used to.
you can look at it that way ... i can accept that ... but in my opinion hes trying to go to over the top with it and thats why hes coming up short... i posted a line in here a few pages back that was complete and utter garbage and jay knows it ... it sounded nothing like him and everything like lil wayne...

Back
Top Bottom