* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Someone should seriously make a BP3 for dummies thread....Jay is really spittin on this.

Like someone said, this is a different era of music, so in Jay's mind this is probably the blueprint of where hip-hop should be headed, in the direct ofjust making good music.

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Originally Posted by tillmatic

H-O-V, I got my own lane already(nobody in it)
HOV-lane.jpg
Originally Posted by Q

<>.
Not bad.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Track by track:

1. What We Talkin Bout...
pimp.gif
I'm feelin this beat...GOOD intro
2. Thank You...definitely that vintage vibe...NO ID
pimp.gif

3. DOA...
pimp.gif

4. Run This Town...ehhhh
5. Empire State of Mind....good track but not one that stood out to me.
6. Real As It Gets...toooo smooth
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

7. On to the Next One....for everybody talkin like their arent any bangers on this..
eyes.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

8.Off That....Timbo shoulda been kept off this album
smh.gif

9.A Star Is Born...love the message to this...reminds you hip hop is going nowhere
pimp.gif

10. Venus Vs Mars feelin the concept...execution wise....ehh decent
11. Already Home....Cudi did his thing...good results
12. Hate....lotta people not feelin this but catchy as hell to me
pimp.gif

13. Reminder....the sound doesnt seem right but he killd this *@%+
grin.gif
Mostplayed so far.
14. So Ambitious....Jay+Neptunes ever a miss? Doubt it.
pimp.gif

15. Forever Young...ehh I cant relate to this mid life crisis *@%+
laugh.gif

Overall I like the album...it has a good cohesiveness to it. It takes a lot of hard work to make that NEXT song especially when you have 10 albums.

/\ I think I'd agree with that track by track. The more and more I listen...Venus Vs. Mars and Forever Young (Seems like a Kanye leftover from 808s) arethe only songs I absolutely hate. Off That seems like it would be OK when I'm in a certain mood. Speeding on the HWY late at night drunk type of song.Everything else is cool.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

It's still a solid album. Even the songs I didn't like at first have grown on me. The J.Cole track and ESOM are probably my favorite two tracks though.
pimp.gif
It's just a smooth album, but everyone wants to compare it to RD and BP, when it's a totally different era of music right now. That type of stuff is long gone. I just appreciate Hov putting out good music still.

culdnt have said it betta ppl gota understand every album isnt gona sound the same or be about the same things

This album is dope.....not one of hov's best but very solid....I'd give it a 7.5 or 8 out of 10. Fav tracks are:

A star is born (J. Cole
pimp.gif
)
Empire State Of Mind
Already home
Thank you (third verse
sick.gif
)
On to the next one (Swizzy!)

Well after running this album all day, I gotta say its a solid as album. I like all the songs...which is what I look for in an album.

Forever Young
Already Home
Star Is Born
Thank You
Empire State of Mind
So Ambitious
What We Talkin Bout...are my top joints.

I don't understand how one can complain & say it's not like Blueprint?. Hell Blueprint 2 wasn't like Blueprint either.
"Hov on that new +%@*, !*!*!* like how come. !*!*!* want my old +%@* by my old albums" /thread

It really concerns that he paid $5M for the rights ....you'd think for that type money it'd be audio crack

Its a good album, so stretching past that

5/15 tracks that are really good
grin.gif
smh.gif

ESOM doesn't need a gritty beat. Listen to the chorus. It's inspirational and uplifting. Next thing you know, people are gonna start saying Nas' ICan needs a grittier/darker beat. :/

I doubt these producers are taxing him. Plus from what I see he's going to be touring NONSTOP to recoup. Plus if & when it goes plat... he'll makethat $$$ back plus some to fall on if J Cole flops.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

I don't understand how one can complain & say it's not like Blueprint?. Hell Blueprint 2 wasn't like Blueprint either.
"Hov on that new +%@*, !*!*!* like how come. !*!*!* want my old +%@* by my old albums" /thread

Huh? Blueprint 2 and Blueprint 1 are brother and sister. BP3 is like the red-headed step child. Blueprint 2 just had too many songs in comparison to Blueprint1, but lyrically, Hov was still killing it; there were still a ton of soul samples; there was a remix of a BP song on it, etc. I listened to BP for themillionth time the other day, so to listen to this album and compare, musically, it's nothing like the original. It doesn't have the cohesiveness, thesound is totally different, etc. Not trashing BP3, but it's definitely not like BP, it's closer to KC in it's sound ...

i want nas to come out and drop ether 2 ... that about all im looking forward to from jay ... paid a mili per good track when it comes down to it ... smh

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Huh? Blueprint 2 and Blueprint 1 are brother and sister. BP3 is like the red-headed step child. Blueprint 2 just had too many songs in comparison to Blueprint 1, but lyrically, Hov was still killing it; there were still a ton of soul samples; there was a remix of a BP song on it, etc. I listened to BP for the millionth time the other day, so to listen to this album and compare, musically, it's nothing like the original. It doesn't have the cohesiveness, the sound is totally different, etc. Not trashing BP3, but it's definitely not like BP, it's closer to KC in it's sound ...
Yea I def dont get the "Blueprint" vibe from this one. Couple tracks I like but nothing I hink ill want to go back to after a week or 2of listening.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

i want nas to come out and drop ether 2 ... that about all im looking forward to from jay ... paid a mili per good track when it comes down to it ... smh

of course you do

for someone who hates jay you on every page of dudes thread......

*que the Ti laughs gif*

This Album is Corny...

I dont know if its because im 22 now...but I use to get excited as hell over Jay-Z albums (Even if they leaked)..... I had more anticipation for The-DreamsAlbum...

jus dl'ed it...gonna give it a listen all day tomorrow....my dude saidlyrically Jay killed it, i will be the judge of that tomorrow

I was driving around bumping the\at On To The Next One.....I can see it in people's eyes that's gonna be a smash...

all the kids getting off the school buses and *@+$ like had this look on like is that the new Jay?!?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
nodding they heads heavy pause....

All and all like I said I blame myself for having my expectations so high for this album...but he came through
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

I was driving around bumping the\at On To The Next One.....I can see it in people's eyes that's gonna be a smash...

all the kids getting off the school buses and *@+$ like had this look on like is that the new Jay?!?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
nodding they heads heavy pause....

All and all like I said I blame myself for having my expectations so high for this album...but he came through
pimp.gif

The rich white folk where I work were the same way! Except not in a good way
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom