Fam said the wack songs were good & the good ones were wack
Originally Posted by Master Zik

I wasn't even mad at first. Then fam said J. Cole was a bum

Credibility
NB_Out_the_Mill_Window.jpg

This

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Why all the hate for Venus vs. Mars?

The vibe is smooth, the concept is witty, and lyrically he kills it.
I dunno, that's one of my favorite joints on there.

Originally Posted by Ralf Loran

What We Talkin' About
Skip.

Thank You
Good concept, terrible execution... terrible hook.
Skip.

D.O.A.
Love the concept. Good beat, good lyrics, good hook.
Should've been a big hit...

Run This Town
Stupid concept, stupid song. Only thing that stood out was Rihanna on the hook.
Skip.

Empire State of Mind
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Alicia kilt the hook. This song has potential for a GREAT video. Too bad NY rappers don't get along.

Real As It Gets
Nothing special.
Skip

On To The Next
Swizz Beatz is the most overrated producer of all time.
All his beats are annoying... especially have one word repeating as a hook.

Off That
Love the concept. Timbo came thru as usual.
Drizzy kilt the hook, should've spit a verse... but I guess Jay got tired of getting schooled on his own album.

Star Is Born
Good concept, terrible execution... should've just gave this to Game.
Who is this bum J. Cole? Trash hook, trash verse.

Venus Vs. Mars
Skip.

Already Home
indifferent.gif
@ Kanye using BP3 as a platform for his corny artists.

Hate
I like this song for some reason.
We blasting off like a laser, Pwing Pwing Pwing, give me back give me room room room, DB9 like vroom vroom vroom
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Reminder
ILL beat. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE hook.

So Ambitious
Pharrell needs to stop singing. The concept/song/hook is WAY too cliche.
Skip

Forever Young
Terrible, just terrible.
Skip.
i love how every song has a "concept"....dude dont even know what that means

After 7 full listens I can honestly say this album is a good 8.5/10, and if he would have left off the Jeezy track, Forever Young, and Off That, it would becloser to a 9 or so.

Standout songs are:
1. Empire State of Mind - Alicia murked this
2. Star Is Born - Ok J. Cole, we ready for you!
3. Thank You - Smooth
4. Already Home - Beat is great
5. So Ambitious - Pharell hasnt lost it
6. On To The Next - Swizz killed it TO ME! This will get major spins in the club
7. D.O.A. - Still goes hard!

jmansmc23 wrote:
After 7 full listens I can honestly say this album is a good 8.5/10, and if he would have left off the Jeezy track, Forever Young, and Off That, it would be closer to a 9 or so.

Standout songs are:
1. Empire State of Mind - Alicia murked this
2. Star Is Born - Ok J. Cole, we ready for you!
3. Thank You - Smooth
4. Already Home - Beat is great
5. So Ambitious - Pharell hasnt lost it
6. On To The Next - Swizz killed it TO ME! This will get major spins in the club
7. D.O.A. - Still goes hard!
co-sign

Some tracks were unnecessary. But its a decent album. But if you were expecting a new blueprint 1 quality album you will be disappointed.

I don't know if this has been said before, but by the way this album is being received now in that some people like a certain parts and type of songs whileother people like other aspects of the album, Jay-Z accomplished what he was trying to do with this. He said on the Bill Maher show that his older albums justwere crafted for specific target audience, but as he broadened his horizons, his music would follow suit. I think that shows that he accomplished his goal inmaking a good, well-rounded album. Do I think this is a classic or better than Blueprint 1 & 2? No. But is this a solid effort from him and does it showthat he's still one of the best in the game? Yes.

As for my review for the album:

1. What We Talking Bout - Solid intro to the album. I think the beat is cool, but maybe it could have been mixed better because like someone previouslymentioned, it kinda does sound like a blend. 4/5

2. Thank You - I usually hate Jay-Z's British accent on songs (a la the chorus to the Blueprint 2 song), but it fit this song surprisingly well. The beatis good and wordplay was on point, especially on the 3rd verse. 4/5.

3. D.O.A. - I think that he could have been more direct on the track if he was trying to talk about auto-tune artists. "If the record ain't directlydirected at me, I don't respect it". Decent track. 3.5/5

4. Run This Town - I like this track, even though I don't think it's 1st single material tho. While everybody says that Kanye killed his verse (whichhe did), I like Jay's verses better due to his wordplay. I swear that the average listener will not understand "And our girls are Blackbirds, ridingwith they Dillengers; I'll get more in-Depp if you boys really real enough." That's just me tho. Could have went with less Rihanna on here aswell. 3.5/5

5. Empire State of Mind - Hearing this track almost makes me wish I was born in NYC. I think this is an amazing record. Jay and Alicia were on point and theproducer Al Shux brought heat on this one. 5/5

6. Real As It Gets - This is a cool track, but as Jeezy said, "This that TM103 *%@!". It sounds like a Jeezy track featuring Jay-Z. Plus, while theproduction isn't bad, it does sound like a track that was denied by Rick Ross from the Inkredibles. 3/5

7. On To The Next One - With all the hate that Swizz gets year after year, he continues to do him and while he's not in my top producer list, he stays inhis lane and continues to make bangers. This is a good club single IMO and I think that this has a 'similar' theme to "Off That", Jay shouldroll with this track as the next single instead. (Note: This is MY OPINION so take it how you wanna, but Jay's flow on the 2nd half of the 2nd versereminds me of MIMS on "Move" and parts of the 3rd verse reminds me of Lil Wayne on some of his songs. Just my observation) 4/5

8. Off That - Decent track at best. Jay, Tim and Drake could have came together to come up with a song that is much better than this. 2.5/5

9. A Star Is Born - Good track that gives recognition to those who have made their mark on hip-hop and paves the way for the new generation of artists. J. Colehad a nice verse and the beat is good too. 4/5

10. Venus vs. Mars - I like the play on the "Women Are From Venus, Men Are From Mars" theme on this. Pretty creative, plus the 3rd verse on here isridiculous. Good track. 3.5/5

11. Already Home - This is a very good track. Jay is putting other artists in place who claim that Jay is in their way from succeeding in the game. This is thefirst Kid Cudi track that I really enjoy him being on. The beat compliments Jay and Cudi on here very well. 4.5/5

12. Hate - Personally, I feel as if this could have been an iTunes bonus track, been longer or could have been left off the album completely. Just can'tget into it, but many feel as if it's one of the top tracks on the album (Which reverts back to my statement before the review) 2/5

13. Reminder - This has grown on me. Most people hated the chorus, but I had a problem with the beat at first in that he went to Timbaland and this is the besthe could get from him. His lyrics on here are on point, although he's reminded us about how good he is several times on the album and another songreminding us wasn't necessary. 3/5

14. So Ambitious - This sounds more like Chad and Pharrell than just Pharrell on the production. This has a good vibe to it and Jay came correct on it. 4/5

15. Forever Young - I can't relate too much to Beach Chair pt. 2, but I can see how this appeals to a certain demographic. His flow wasn't too crisp onthis one either because parts of it sound rushed. Wish he ended the album with a different song but I understand why he ended it on this note. 2/5

Overall, I'll give this a 3.5/5 based on my standards for Jay-Z. Definitely not one of his top efforts, but a solid joint that I can vibe to.

I like the jeezy track and forever young....off that has kinda grown on me, but he def could have left off HATE and REMINDER, replaced with BK anthem and BK gohard

I'm hoping the bonus tracks arent history or any of the previous two mentioned.

"My next album, which I'm working on now -- that's exclusive, no one knows that -- is gonna be the album that really ... it's not gonna be a #1 album. That's where I'm at right now. I wanna make the most experimental album I ever made. But let's not deal with that now; I want to deal with "The Blueprint 3".

MTV Shows

Album is a letdown. After a couple of days listening to it, it has grown on me a bit. I don't understand why some of ya'll love forever young. Thatsong is trash to me, stop addressing your age homes. It shows your insecurity. I don't care what ya'll say but reminder is the closest track thatreminds me of blueprint Jay. Swizz Beats is absolute TRASH, good God. Empire state of mind is cool but with a title like that I want a dark epic track. (ie.Black republicans, Renagade) There isn't an epic track that just makes you go
eek.gif
eek.gif
such as (you don't know, renagade, hovi baby Diamonds isforever). I don't think he should have titled this album blueprint 3 because he didn't follow the blueprint mold. Kanye's verse on Hater stillhurts my soul, it's so much trash.
laugh.gif
I suprisingly like venus vs mars, it's just a clever witty track but it doesn't belong on this album. Thisalbum should be called Kingdom Come II. Seriously, it's more of that mold than Blueprint.

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

"My next album, which I'm working on now -- that's exclusive, no one knows that -- is gonna be the album that really ... it's not gonna be a #1 album. That's where I'm at right now. I wanna make the most experimental album I ever made. But let's not deal with that now; I want to deal with "The Blueprint 3".

When _'s "experiment" in this business it usually ends up bad. Ask Kanye & Common (808s, Electric Circus)

my issue is I thought this was what BP3 was going to be about....
grin.gif

It's cool though I've learned to take the album for what it is....not a PERFECT album but it works and it's Jay...at least it ain't KC 2
laugh.gif

some very skippable tracks that I feel shouldn't even have been on the album but then there are some tracks that show me Jay still got something in thetank

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

concept is witty huh ...

Hey Marley, how many Health Care town hall meetings have you been to this summer??

That's dude? The Eminem stan?!. Now that explains everything!!!

Yeah that's him, one in the same. Which also explains why he's constantly in this Jay Z Blueprint 3 thread talking about Relapse being better thanBlueprint 3. He reminds me of those "so called" angry Republicans that show up at these town hall meetings, there only purpose there is to drawattention away from the topic at hand and try to distort people's minds. It's truly no different than what Marley isdoing in here.

Audio Equivalent of Braille.....
smh.gif

Just got done listening to it.....Good Album...Def. not one of his best efforts, but still a very good album to me....only tracks im not too fond of as of noware Off That, which i probably will only upgrade to slightly above average, and Hate. I think i have to give that latter a couple more spins and maybe myfeelings toward it may change...Will have the album on repeat for the next couple days tho to get a grasp of the songs.....

Audio Equivalent of Braille....
smh.gif
...its jus unfair but Budden said he fell off and can't do it anymore....
laugh.gif

I'm waiting for the album to drop. Haven't heard a single track besides DOA and Run This Town. I can't wait! A lot of the bad reviews I've readare funny and sounds like hate. Ill just have to wait and see.

I heard that Jay already workin on his next project. Any truth to this?

Resurrection of Autotune?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Resurrection of Autotune?
grin.gif

Straight Primo beats....

Back
Top Bottom