* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Thank You is def. one of my fav. songs on the album....but as of right now, I like Kingdom Come more than BP3
I know music is subjective but damn I just can't see it.. BP3 imo is just a step below AG which was a great album... actually when i thinkabout it the only reason I put BP3 below AG is because the production on BP3 is lacking when compared to AG. Im probably in the minority but i think AG is oneof Hov's best produced albums.

Yeah I agree with Rilla with the synchronizing on BP2 is terrible. The first disc is random as hell, hardcore tracks then high tempo tracks followed by melodictracks. Disc 2 however is some of Jay's best work... Meet The Parents, Guns & Roses, Some How Some Way, A Ballad For The Fallen Soldier, U Don'tKnow Remix, Some People Hate. Ive said many times if BP2 was consolidated into a 18track album with the top songs from each disc it would be as good an albumas The Blueprint.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

I know music is subjective but damn I just can't see it.. BP3 imo is just a step below AG which was a great album... actually when i think about it the only reason I put BP3 below AG is because the production on BP3 is lacking when compared to AG. Im probably in the minority but i think AG is one of Hov's best produced albums.
My list goes (PRODUCTION wise) BP, RD, TBA, AG, BP3, BP 2, Vol. 2, Vol. 1, Dynasty, Vol. 3, KC.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

I think Jay-z IS above most of his critics, but this is the internet so most people won't get it.Think about it, as NTers we put ourselves on an even playing field when we come up with anonymous screen names to argue behind. If you take away the screen names and the monikers though, how many of us would actually have the status it took to argue with Hovkid or Ben Baller and actually make a valid point about the things that REALLY matter?
I can't come at neither one's neck cuz they're winning. I'm not losing, but their "High score" is way past mine right now.

So yeah...certain cats...no, more specifically, certain rappers be tryna diss Jay, and at the end of the day it boils down to Jay-Z being not only more talented at rap (ya'll acting like he can't out rap these dudes...but it really ain't financially worth it at this point in his life), or more meaningful to rap historically, but he's also waaaaaaaay more successful at it. It's like DeShawn Stevenson calling Lebron overrated, except Jay-Z's legacy is closer to Kobe's (if not Jordan's). Who cares what Deshawn has to say about Lebron
laugh.gif
. That's REAL LIFE %%%%, but because ya'll look at music like Vince McMahon looks at "rasslin", ya'll fail to see the big picture. Just cause dude's play the same sport, that don't mean they're in the same league. They don't shoot at the same baskets, as he said on Already Home. Are ya'll REALLY listening to this man? He's spitting real %%%% left and right on that disk
grin.gif
. Dude is pushing 40 and pushing up on a billie. WHY...Lord WHY... would he waste money, time, resources, etc recording songs to argue with people 15 years younger than him when he can channel his focus, make another BP, and continue being successful? Why try to be "The Game" and fight off every hater?

How can Jay-z be above the critics? I hope that's not bull you actually believe. He ain't God.
laugh.gif
If you put out a product for people to listen tothen you have to expect criticism. Status has nothing to do with that. If I have ears and you're making music that's trash then expect unkind reviews.I feel like people give this dude the pass to make some music that's trash. I'm not willing to give him that pass, doesn't matter how much cash hehas or his status. All the other stuff such as money is unnecessary.

P.S. I'm not stalking you.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

I think Jay-z IS above most of his critics, but this is the internet so most people won't get it.Think about it, as NTers we put ourselves on an even playing field when we come up with anonymous screen names to argue behind. If you take away the screen names and the monikers though, how many of us would actually have the status it took to argue with Hovkid or Ben Baller and actually make a valid point about the things that REALLY matter?
I can't come at neither one's neck cuz they're winning. I'm not losing, but their "High score" is way past mine right now.

So yeah...certain cats...no, more specifically, certain rappers be tryna diss Jay, and at the end of the day it boils down to Jay-Z being not only more talented at rap (ya'll acting like he can't out rap these dudes...but it really ain't financially worth it at this point in his life), or more meaningful to rap historically, but he's also waaaaaaaay more successful at it. It's like DeShawn Stevenson calling Lebron overrated, except Jay-Z's legacy is closer to Kobe's (if not Jordan's). Who cares what Deshawn has to say about Lebron
laugh.gif
. That's REAL LIFE %%%%, but because ya'll look at music like Vince McMahon looks at "rasslin", ya'll fail to see the big picture. Just cause dude's play the same sport, that don't mean they're in the same league. They don't shoot at the same baskets, as he said on Already Home. Are ya'll REALLY listening to this man? He's spitting real %%%% left and right on that disk
grin.gif
. Dude is pushing 40 and pushing up on a billie. WHY...Lord WHY... would he waste money, time, resources, etc recording songs to argue with people 15 years younger than him when he can channel his focus, make another BP, and continue being successful? Why try to be "The Game" and fight off every hater?

How can Jay-z be above the critics? I hope that's not bull you actually believe. He ain't God.
laugh.gif
If you put out a product for people to listen to then you have to expect criticism. Status has nothing to do with that. If I have ears and you're making music that's trash then expect unkind reviews. I feel like people give this dude the pass to make some music that's trash. I'm not willing to give him that pass, doesn't matter how much cash he has or his status. All the other stuff such as money is unnecessary.

laugh.gif
How isn't he above critics? Who are the critics? Whyshould they even matter to him as long as they ain't affecting his well being? You think jordan cared whether __sdidn't like his ball hogging? He won 6 rings ball hogging
laugh.gif
. @+%@ what a hater got to say. By the way, all of that that you said is ONLY your opinion.And this is ONLY mine. We aren't giving him a pass. Maybe we just don't think the music is trash. We like it.I never once etched my appreciation for Jay-Z in stone, but every time somebody doesn't like his music (or his face, which is gay
grin.gif
), they think theiropinion is innately accurate and absolute.. You say "All the other stuff such as money" is irrelevent? Dude, "all the other stuff" isobjective. Sales and success directly correlate to how many people appreciateand like his music. That's the only real scale there is. @+%@ opinions and who said what, men lie and women lie. Numbers don't. Only with rappers do weact so much like crabs in a barrel....

Did cats peep the last verse on Thank You
sick.gif
eek.gif

I was gonna kill a couple rappers
But they did it to themselves
I was gon' do it with the flow
But they did it with their sales
I was gon' 9/11 'em, but they didn't need the help
And they did a good job them boys is talented as hell
Cuz not only did they brick they put a building up as well
They ran a plane into that building and when that building fell
Ran to the crash site with no masks and inhaled
Toxins deep inside their lungs until both of them was filled
Blew a cloud out like a L into a jar then took a smell
Cuz they heard that second hand smoke kills
N----as thought they was ill found out they was...eeewww
And it's like you knew exactly how I wanted you to feel
W-H-O-A

Top 5 verse on the album. 2nd verse of Already Home sealed it for me tho. The way he did the whole song is amazing. When it comes to him sayingsimilar shh on the album that song is where he did it best.

#$*$@% talking about ppl being above critics is crazy, borederline delusional.

Im probably in the minority but i think AG is one of Hov's best produced albums.
Aside from the production on the first BP, I agree. The production was dummy on AG.

agree with both of you American gangster definitely IS one of his best produced albums along side BP1
Production on American Gangster was so on point
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Im probably in the minority but i think AG is one of Hov's best produced albums.
Aside from the production on the first BP, I agree. The production was dummy on AG.
agree with both of you American gangster definitely IS one of his best produced albums along side BP1
Production on American Gangster was so on point
pimp.gif

Thats Puffy for you.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

that still doesnt change the fact that jay is always off some "i was gonna go at dude, but im above him" bull %%*$ ... jay isnt above anyone right now ... in his one serious battle he got flambayed ... im just tired of hearing the same %%*$ from him ... ok he had a metaphor and stuck with it for a verse, yiptie do ... still doesnt change the fact that the meaning of it made 0 sense ...

You just hate Jay cuzzo....

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Thank You is def. one of my fav. songs on the album....but as of right now, I like Kingdom Come more than BP3
I know music is subjective but damn I just can't see it.. BP3 imo is just a step below AG which was a great album... actually when i think about it the only reason I put BP3 below AG is because the production on BP3 is lacking when compared to AG. Im probably in the minority but i think AG is one of Hov's best produced albums.

As you said, it is subjective...I just feel certain songs on KC more than on here...that may change but i still bump The Prelude, Minority Report, Do U WannaRide?, Dig A Hole, Trouble, Lost One, and Beach Chair faithfully...BP3 may get there but like i said before as of today, i like KC more. I would put BP3 behindBlueprint, RD, AG, Black Album, and KC

^ word cuz Wayne did a millie in a recession and and that verse from Thank You made perfect sense to me

lol does it make sense though? just answer me that ... ... ... you know it doesnt but still for some reason people love it ... its a microcosm of BP3 period... hes essentially saying heres the blueprint for the future, and as i said already in this thread EARTH TO JAY, the "future" you speak of has beenhappening for two years now ... youre not laying a foundation or passing any torches to anyone ... you tried to end autotune with a wack @*# track and the bestsong out right now has drake all over the i am t-pain iphone app ...

ill agree that this lil 9/11 verse was lyrical fire, but IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE when you comne out saying your deadin *!!$+% ... same as it doesnt make sensefor him to say this is the blueprint of the future ...

DearWinter219 wrote:

I think Jay-z IS above most of his critics, but this is the internet so most people won't get it.Think about it, as NTers we put ourselves on an even
playing field when we come up with anonymous screen names to argue behind. If you take away the screen names and the monikers though, how many of us would
actually have the status it took to argue with Hovkid or Ben Baller and actually make a valid point about the things that REALLY matter?

So yeah...certain cats...no, more specifically, certain rappers be tryna diss Jay, and at the end of the day
it boils down to Jay-Z being not only more talented at rap (ya'll acting like he can't out rap these dudes...but it really ain't financially
worth it at this point in his life), or more meaningful to rap historically, but he's also waaaaaaaay more successful at it. It's like DeShawn
Stevenson calling Lebron overrated, except Jay-Z's legacy is closer to Kobe's (if not Jordan's). Who cares what Deshawn has to say about Lebron
laugh.gif
. That's REAL LIFE %%%%, but because ya'll look at music like Vince McMahon looks at "rasslin", ya'll fail to see the big picture.
Just cause dude's play the same sport, that don't mean they're in the same league. They don't shoot at the same baskets, as he said
on Already Home. Are ya'll REALLY listening to this man? He's spitting real %%%% left and right on that disk
grin.gif
. Dude is pushing 40 and pushing up
on a billie. WHY...Lord WHY... would he waste money, time, resources, etc recording songs to argue with people 15 years younger than him when he can
channel his focus, make another BP, and continue being successful? Why try to be "The Game" and fight off every hater?

laugh.gif
If you put out a product for people to listen to
then you have to expect criticism. Status has nothing to do with that. If I have ears and you're making music that's trash then expect unkind reviews.
I feel like people give this dude the pass to make some music that's trash. I'm not willing to give him that pass, doesn't matter how much cash he
has or his status. All the other stuff such as money is unnecessary.

laugh.gif
How isn't he above critics? Who are the critics? Why should they even matter to him as long as they ain't affecting his well being? You think jordan cared whether __s didn't like his ball hogging? He won 6 rings ball hogging
laugh.gif
. %%*! what a hater got to say. By the way, all of that that you said is ONLY your opinion. And this is ONLY mine. We aren't giving him a pass. Maybe we just don't think the music is trash. We like it. I never once etched my appreciation for Jay-Z in stone, but every time somebody doesn't like his music (or his face, which is gay
grin.gif
), they think their opinion is innately accurate and absolute.. You say "All the other stuff such as money" is irrelevent? Dude, "all the other stuff" is objective. Sales and success directly correlate to how many people appreciate and like his music. That's the only real scale there is. %%*! opinions and who said what, men lie and women lie. Numbers don't. Only with rappers do we act so much like crabs in a barrel....

There is a huge difference in Jordan and Jay-z. Jordan was winning championships, you can't deny that. You can't deny winning. Now with Jay, he dropsan album and some will say it's album of the year but then you got people like me who will say to hell it is. It can be denied, now you can bring up salenumbers and such, but with music unlike basketball numbers don't mean much especially when britney spears and soulja boy are selling. That just means thereare plenty of people who appreciate trash.That doesn't define how great the music is. Now I may be hard on this album but thats only because Jay is mysecond favorite rapper. I expect a lot more from him but dude ain't God to me. If he makes music that I believe is trash then I'm not gonna give himslack. If people didn't give Michael Jackson slack for Invincible(people were returning that @+#% in droves), what makes you think we should give Jayslack? That's the dude who made Thriller son.
laugh.gif
People returned his @+#%. Money and status has nothing to do with it and lastly, just cuz I don'tlike the music doesn't mean I'm hating on dude.

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

This My First Time Listening to the Album What Happened To Run This Town? It Sounds Different

Yea I noticed that too. Who is hov talking about on the 3rd verse of thank you

Originally Posted by KingRamey

This My First Time Listening to the Album What Happened To Run This Town? It Sounds Different

More than likely Jim Jones. Maybe Cam & Game but Jim Jones for sure cause his !#%% flopped ugly

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by KingRamey

More than likely Jim Jones. Maybe Cam & Game but Jim Jones for sure cause his !#%% flopped ugly

Yea that's kinda what I was thinking.

DearWinter219 wrote:

I think Jay-z IS above most of his critics, but this is the internet so most people won't get it.Think about it, as NTers we put ourselves on an even
playing field when we come up with anonymous screen names to argue behind. If you take away the screen names and the monikers though, how many of us would
actually have the status it took to argue with Hovkid or Ben Baller and actually make a valid point about the things that REALLY matter?

So yeah...certain cats...no, more specifically, certain rappers be tryna diss Jay, and at the end of the day
it boils down to Jay-Z being not only more talented at rap (ya'll acting like he can't out rap these dudes...but it really ain't financially
worth it at this point in his life), or more meaningful to rap historically, but he's also waaaaaaaay more successful at it. It's like DeShawn
Stevenson calling Lebron overrated, except Jay-Z's legacy is closer to Kobe's (if not Jordan's). Who cares what Deshawn has to say about Lebron
laugh.gif
. That's REAL LIFE %%%%, but because ya'll look at music like Vince McMahon looks at "rasslin", ya'll fail to see the big picture.
Just cause dude's play the same sport, that don't mean they're in the same league. They don't shoot at the same baskets, as he said
on Already Home. Are ya'll REALLY listening to this man? He's spitting real %%%% left and right on that disk
grin.gif
. Dude is pushing 40 and pushing up
on a billie. WHY...Lord WHY... would he waste money, time, resources, etc recording songs to argue with people 15 years younger than him when he can
channel his focus, make another BP, and continue being successful? Why try to be "The Game" and fight off every hater?

laugh.gif
If you put out a product for people to listen to
then you have to expect criticism. Status has nothing to do with that. If I have ears and you're making music that's trash then expect unkind reviews.
I feel like people give this dude the pass to make some music that's trash. I'm not willing to give him that pass, doesn't matter how much cash he
has or his status. All the other stuff such as money is unnecessary.

laugh.gif
How isn't he above critics? Who are the critics? Why should they even matter to him as long as they ain't affecting his well being? You think jordan cared whether __s didn't like his ball hogging? He won 6 rings ball hogging
laugh.gif
. %%*! what a hater got to say. By the way, all of that that you said is ONLY your opinion. And this is ONLY mine. We aren't giving him a pass. Maybe we just don't think the music is trash. We like it. I never once etched my appreciation for Jay-Z in stone, but every time somebody doesn't like his music (or his face, which is gay
grin.gif
), they think their opinion is innately accurate and absolute.. You say "All the other stuff such as money" is irrelevent? Dude, "all the other stuff" is objective. Sales and success directly correlate to how many people appreciate and like his music. That's the only real scale there is. %%*! opinions and who said what, men lie and women lie. Numbers don't. Only with rappers do we act so much like crabs in a barrel....

There is a huge difference in Jordan and Jay-z. Jordan was winning championships, you can't deny that. You can't deny winning. Now with Jay, he drops an album and some will say it's album of the year but then you got people like me who will say to hell it is. It can be denied, now you can bring up sale numbers and such, but with music unlike basketball numbers don't mean much especially when britney spears and soulja boy are selling. That just means there are plenty of people who appreciate trash.That doesn't define how great the music is. Now I may be hard on this album but thats only because Jay is my second favorite rapper. I expect a lot more from him but dude ain't God to me. If he makes music that I believe is trash then I'm not gonna give him slack. If people didn't give Michael Jackson slack for Invincible(people were returning that @+#% in droves), what makes you think we should give Jay slack? That's the dude who made Thriller son.
laugh.gif
People returned his @+#%. Money and status has nothing to do with it and lastly, just cuz I don't like the music doesn't mean I'm hating on dude.
Just because YOU don't like the music doesn't mean it's NOT good either.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom