* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Alicia Keys killed that Empire State of Mind track, got me wanting to throw on a Knicks Jersey and Dunk on somebody haha.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by Anita Millyin

How do some of you guys say

BP3>BP2

????????????????????

BP2 kills this issh on a every level.
BP2 sounds too random and all over the place for me. Good-Great songs for the most part. HORRIBLE album "feel" IMO.
THats why i have vol2 as his worst album and BP2 higher.

Really Good

Thank You
Empire State Of Mind
A Star Is Born
Already Home

Good

What We Talkin About
D.O.A.
Real As It Gets
On To The Next One
So Ambitious
Young Forever

Ehhh, Maybe

Run This Town
Venus Vs Mars
Hate

Bad

Off That
Reminder

Not feelin the album. Doesn't feel like a jay album to me and for the most part the album doesn't have a certain concept or feel.

Doesn't feel like a jay album to me and for the most part the album doesn't have a certain concept or feel.

pretty much how i felt about it in one sentence.

i liked about 4-5 tracks. it was all over the place, i could never get into it fully.
ohwell.gif

To stop the 1st page from being cluttered w/ Jay Z threads, maybe we should keep the discussion for the 9/11 MSG concert in this thread. If Illionaire can editor add something to the title...

Doesn't feel like a jay album to me and for the most part the album doesn't have a certain concept or feel.
I guess I don't understand this way of thinking.

Isn't he allowed to progress as an artist and step outside of his box?

Originally Posted by jm2000

Not feelin the album. Doesn't feel like a jay album to me and for the most part the album doesn't have a certain concept or feel.

"Talking bout progress, I aint looking back
You know I run track, try not to get lapped"

Hov on the that new $!#%
Dudes like, "How come?"
Dudes want my old $!#%
Buy my old album

Beats are beats. Composition is composition. The dude is still spitting at a level that very few can.

Album has grown on me a lot over the past week or so, i got BP1, RD, TBA, AG, BP3, Vol. 1, BP2, Dynasty, Vol. 2, Vol. 3, Kingdom Come

While I can't say this the best hiphop album I've heard this year. I think its a very solid album.

Hov just gets alot of unwarranted hate and unrealistic expectations that if any other artist made this album, I think ppl would jump all over it and call it aclassic.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Hov on the that new $!#%
Dudes like, "How come?"
Dudes want my old $!#%
Buy my old album

Beats are beats. Composition is composition. The dude is still spitting at a level that very few can.

I'm a big Jay fan but come on, no he's not. Relapse was leaps ahead of this on a overall standpoint and especially at a lyrical level.

Why is it hate if Jay-Z makes a below average - average album and people call it how they see it?

LOL @ dudes bringing up Eminem or Relapse in a Jay Z/Blueprint 3 thread. Dudes doing any and everything to keep Em's name out there.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

LOL @ dudes bringing up Eminem or Relapse in a Jay Z/Blueprint 3 thread. Dudes doing any and everything to keep Em's name out there.

*This is not a diss*

Thought Nas wold be mentioned before.more

Catalog Carter
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom