* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by CarlMonday

some nice guest appearances in store for tonight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like??...Only one i can confirm from my sources is Cudi... & i'm sure 'Ye won't miss this one

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Uh last time I checked this dude has put out 11 studio albums....and will probably have 11 # 1's.
Someone help me out here cause I'm only getting 8 # 1's.

R kelly joints and the unplugged went #1

Catalog Carter

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Good looks j. But Unplugged aint a studio album.
so what are the 14 albums that xxl was sayin then? i was doin the math and well...got be one of the 14

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Deuce King

LOL @ dudes bringing up Eminem or Relapse in a Jay Z/Blueprint 3 thread. Dudes doing any and everything to keep Em's name out there.
*This is not a diss*

Thought Nas wold be mentioned before.more

Catalog Carter
pimp.gif
There's actually no doubt in my mind that the album with Damien Marley is gonna be leaps and bounds better than this.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

LOL @ dudes bringing up Eminem or Relapse in a Jay Z/Blueprint 3 thread. Dudes doing any and everything to keep Em's name out there.
*This is not a diss*

Catalog Carter
pimp.gif
There's actually no doubt in my mind that the album with Damien Marley is gonna be leaps and bounds better than this.

dont see how that relates to my post but i hope its better as well. good music is always appreciated.

*This is not a diss*

Catalog Carter
pimp.gif
dont see how that relates to my post but i hope its better as well. good music is always appreciated.
You said you thought Nas would be mentioned more in this thread in response to all this Eminem/Relapse talk. There aint no Nas album out tocompare BP3 to, since ppl were comparing Untitled to AG only other album Nas got coming is the joint with Damian.

Unless you meant just random posts about Nas > Jay
Originally Posted by illmatic34

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

I'm Still Upset that Nas Isn't on this.
Is this suppose to be in the OB4CL2 thread?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

Originally Posted by CarlMonday

some nice guest appearances in store for tonight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like??...Only one i can confirm from my sources is Cudi... & i'm sure 'Ye won't miss this one
just a dude that is waiting on the world to change
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

I know i'm out of the loop, but what happened to Jockin Jay Z and Brooklyn Go Hard?

Jockin Jay-Z was scrapped a long time ago, and Brooklyn We Go Hard was never even supposed to be on BP3, it was for the Notorious soundtrack

This article below is not really Blueprint 3 related but it's regarding Jay Z..............

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

September 11, 2009

Jay-Z: Obama wanted to end the campaign 'Jordan-style'

Posted: September 11th, 2009 04:22 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

art.jayz.gi.jpg

Jay-Z: Obama wanted to end the campaign 'Jordan-style'.

corner_wire_BL.gif

(CNN) - Superstar rapper Jay-Z recalls that in the closing days of the presidential race, Barack Obama asked the rapper for help on the campaign trail and told him: "We need to end this game Jordan-style."

"He was calling me saying it was the fourth quarter and how we need to end this game Jordan-style," Jay-Z told New York radio station Hot 97 on Tuesday. "He was joking. He has a good sense of humor."

Jay-Z held several concerts for Obama during the presidential race to help the campaign register voters, and during inauguration week in January, he treated Obama campaign staffers to a private performance at the D.C. Armory in Washington.

Asked if their friendly relationship has cooled since Obama entered the White House, Jay-Z said, "Everything's cool."

During the sit-down, the radio hosts argued that the criticism over the president's nationally broadcast address to school students on Tuesday was racist - but the hip-hop artist had a slightly different take.

"I don't think it's straight racism, but they're talking to a racist audience, which is dangerous," he said of the President's critics. "But they're doing it for ratings. It's sensationalism, right? They're doing it for this type of attention."

Filed under: President Obama

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Hov just gets alot of unwarranted hate and unrealistic expectations that if any other artist made this album, I think ppl would jump all over it and call it a classic.
The dude has made a few classic records, and constantly compares himself to legendary artists like Bigand Pac...so I think he's partially responsible for setting these high (and maybe in some cases) unrealistic expectations. Basically it's the gift andthe curse...

I didn't really care for all that much at first, but after several listens it kinda grew on me. I'm putting it in my flavor of the monthcategory...gonna have it in rotation now because it's new.

Time will tell how much replay value this joint really has...and that's me giving it to you straight without any hint of haterism.

Don't like the album...
But I @+!@$%* can't stop Listening to Empire State of Mind...
This song is Destine to make it to the top of my 25 most played list...

*This is not a diss*

Catalog Carter
pimp.gif

grin.gif
I feel that. __s be acting like rappers are sports teams. You ain't gotta pick one __ and ride out on that one sound all the time.

Back
Top Bottom