* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by illfrozn

So, I was thinking, Jay said that this album would be influenced by the music his parents/he grew up listening to and instrumentation. *@$ were his parents listening to? They had to be literally from the future then. Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Jackson 5, Smokey Robinson weren't singing over this ...
laugh.gif
so true

I "kind of" like 'Off That'...

The beat isn't as out-of-this-world as I would have expected from Timbo, but it's still nice & Jay came correct on it.

But the thing is... as much as I feel Jay is the second greatest rapper ever, he just doesn't excite me anymore. For lack of a better term, he justisn't "cool" to me anymore.

It doesn't have anything to do with him being 40. It's just that I grew up listening to Jay, and he doesn't give me the same feeling I used to havewhenever he dropped new material. Nowadays I find myself respecting his music more than being "excited" about it. Does that make sense?

why I am so late

anyway

so far with Doa an RTT are two hits to me

i like them both a lot

however this off that is ehh. I dont hate it

i dont like the fast beat and jay rapping all fast

i dont get it. its hard to hear what dude is saying with all these weird sound effects on the beat.

its just alright but I am in no way let down like all you other dudes talking about the album gonna be wack

get off that

So, I was thinking, Jay said that this album would be influenced by the music his parents/he grew up listening to and instrumentation. *@$ were his parents listening to? They had to be literally from the future then. Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Jackson 5, Smokey Robinson weren't singing over this ...

he was talkin bout blueprint 1

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

I didn't want timbo anywhere near this album. Off That is an example why.

I will say, I haven't heard Jay this energized on a track in a while.

I was feeling good about this album after doa, but run this town and off that has killed my excitement for BP3.
This.

Album still gonna be fire tho.
Yeah I hope
pimp.gif
. He's still HOV <>

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

^ you would
smh.gif

Would you prefer me to say that the track is wack G?? Again, the track isn't great, but it's far from wack, it's a solid track.

C'mon Fam No It Is Not... That %%%+ Is Garbage Bro. I'm not a Jay basher by any means but he is letting me down with this %%%+ he's on as of late. Forget trying to appeal to the masses/new crowd... Make Good Music, its as simple as that.

This %%%+ conjures up thoughts of "I Know What Girls Like" to me... SERIOUSLY

It actually pains me to say that
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

he was talkin bout blueprint 1

I'll look it up, but I could've sworn he said that about this album [too] ...

"I dumb down for my audience ... & double my dollars
They criticize me for it ... yet they all yell "Holla" ...
If skills sold , truth be told ... I'd probably be ...
Lyrically , Talib Kweli , truthfully ...
I wanna rhyme like Common Sense ...
(But I did 5 Mil)
I ain't been rhyming like Common since ."

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

(But I did 5 Mil)

Years later, I can honestly say, that's a cop out by Hov ...

(But I did 5 Mil)

pimp.gif

God I hope the rest of the album don't sound like Off That. %#@* sounded like a bonus track from Timbaland's last album. Timbo hasn't made a hardbeat in a minute, the #@!% he waiting on.

(But I did 5 Mil)

Yea, I don't think it's in him. Pause.

Son is worth a half billy. He can make whatever kind of songs he wants...he just can't.

To have a _ like Ye do an 808's when he's not worth nearly as much AND his wave was at it's peak just speaks to how you CAN do what you want to dowith your music. Kanye took a risk with that, a real one. He had +@%% to lose. Jay has NOTHING to lose at this point. He can't be still worried about salesand fans and +@%% at this point, I mean...c'mon son!

(But I did 5 Mil)

I feel like he can kill when he wants to .

I don't think he wants to honestly ... why should he ? He's still going to move units anyway .

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

(But I did 5 Mil)

Yea, I don't think it's in him. Pause.

Son is worth a half billy. He can make whatever kind of songs he wants...he just can't.

To have a _ like Ye do an 808's when he's not worth nearly as much AND his wave was at it's peak just speaks to how you CAN do what you want to do with your music. Kanye took a risk with that, a real one. He had +@%% to lose. Jay has NOTHING to lose at this point. He can't be still worried about sales and fans and +@%% at this point, I mean...c'mon son!
Complete co-sign!!

I'm not asking dude to rap about coke and guns non-stop, but be nasty again. I'm talking about some "So Ghetto" *@+.
laugh.gif
And for thosetalking about Hov not living that life anymore? Hov been rich, so don't bring that up. Hov was rich during AG, Hov was rich during Blueprint, Hov was richduring Roc La. Maybe Jay is just too out of touch musically (sometimes) ...

(But I did 5 Mil)

I don't think he wants to honestly ... why should he ? He's still going to move units anyway .
Why should he? Maybe because he should always strive to be the best for his fans and people who have been supporting him for years
eyes.gif

Maybe that's just me tho

Hmmmm..wow...definitely not liking the direction this album is going..coming from one of the hugest Jay fans out there..How you gon bring something Raw as DOAand then come wit this....Seriously...Put the mic down Hov...He will forever be my favorite but "Off that" is so far left field of what i wasexpecting from two of my favorite MC's man...i am THOROUGHLY disappointed..seriously...this +$+ makes "Hello Brooklyn" sound genious...wow...

Anyways, my copy of Blueprint 3 is still gonna be purchased..part of me hopes that this song is a joke and the real beat will be saved for the mastered versionof the album..cus NO WAY we can expect Blue Print 1 or 2 type consistently with this track being a part of the fnished product..

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

Hmmmm..wow...definitely not liking the direction this album is going..coming from one of the hugest Jay fans out there..How you gon bring something Raw as DOA and then come wit this....Seriously...Put the mic down Hov...He will forever be my favorite but "Off that" is so far left field of what i was expecting from two of my favorite MC's man...i am THOROUGHLY disappointed..seriously...this +$+ makes "Hello Brooklyn" sound genious...wow...

Anyways, my copy of Blueprint 3 is still gonna be purchased..part of me hopes that this song is a joke and the real beat will be saved for the mastered version of the album..cus NO WAY we can expect Blue Print 1 or 2 type consistently with this track being a part of the fnished product..

this man speaks the truth

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

(But I did 5 Mil)

Why should he? Maybe because he should always strive to be the best for his fans and people who have been supporting him for years
eyes.gif

Maybe that's just me tho

I'm with you! Not only that, if he wants to be the GOAT and call himself that, shouldn't he produce on that level?

Back
Top Bottom