* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I've never seen a thread so big for an album that isn't evne out yet
Kanye- Graduation

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by hanhaze502

Its amazing to me that people on here are actually saying that Jay is scared that Drake will outshine him. What is even funnier is the people that expect Jay-z to rap about the same stuff that he was on Reasonable Doubt. There will never be another reasonable doubt from jay ! The closest you will get is american gangster, and that is only because he was inspired by what he saw when he previewed the flick. No one is going to hustle on the block all their life and write about it, unless your behind bars. btw american gangster was a great album. You could picture every moment as if it was a movie playing inside your head.

People grow over time so why wouldn't their music ? People's expectations are set so high, that the face value of the music is gone un-noticed. Just because something does not surpass it's predecessor does not mean that it is wack.

And you can save that "he is old and washed up bull shhh" ! Back when i was growing up " and you could say im old and washed up because im almost 32" none of my era ever dissed one of the hip hop heads because they were old ! WE RESPECTED OUR ELDERS ! without them there would be no hip hop or rap ! They learned from the best and became better.

What are these folks doing now days ?
Thats all fine and dandy, but if even if your music grows along with self, shouldnt it still be creative? and somewhat witty? Where the !%#! isthat part of his music at? On "Off That" he wasnt saying a damn thing, he was just rhyming words.

And Im tired of the "he doesnt push weight or stay in the hood anymore so why rap about it?" arguement. Scarface lives in the burbs and still keepsit 100.

So with that said, Jay is 0/3 so far and BP3 will his worst album.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by cartune

Dont bring that Drake ##++ riding in every thread aint nobody scared of that boy
laugh.gif

and like somebody said J Cole is closer to renegading a dude then Drake
*Points vigarously at bolded text*

THIS.

Yup
grin.gif
...and I mean that...

I honestly think its up in the air...

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by hanhaze502

Its amazing to me that people on here are actually saying that Jay is scared that Drake will outshine him. What is even funnier is the people that expect Jay-z to rap about the same stuff that he was on Reasonable Doubt. There will never be another reasonable doubt from jay ! The closest you will get is american gangster, and that is only because he was inspired by what he saw when he previewed the flick. No one is going to hustle on the block all their life and write about it, unless your behind bars. btw american gangster was a great album. You could picture every moment as if it was a movie playing inside your head.

People grow over time so why wouldn't their music ? People's expectations are set so high, that the face value of the music is gone un-noticed. Just because something does not surpass it's predecessor does not mean that it is wack.

And you can save that "he is old and washed up bull shhh" ! Back when i was growing up " and you could say im old and washed up because im almost 32" none of my era ever dissed one of the hip hop heads because they were old ! WE RESPECTED OUR ELDERS ! without them there would be no hip hop or rap ! They learned from the best and became better.

What are these folks doing now days ?
Thats all fine and dandy, but if even if your music grows along with self, shouldnt it still be creative? and somewhat witty? Where the !%#! is that part of his music at? On "Off That" he wasnt saying a damn thing, he was just rhyming words.

And Im tired of the "he doesnt push weight or stay in the hood anymore so why rap about it?" arguement. Scarface lives in the burbs and still keeps it 100.

So with that said, Jay is 0/3 so far and BP3 will his worst album.

you didnt like DOA?

Originally Posted by MrWavez

you didnt like DOA?
First verse, yes. Beat, amazing. The rest is name dropping and trying to hard to impress new Jay listeners.

Not my cup of tea. Especially since I still bump his old $$#% on the daily.

Vol 1 =
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone knew The Blueprint was going to be a classic after they heard "Izzo."

Exactly, you didn't.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone knew The Blueprint was going to be a classic after they heard "Izzo."

Exactly, you didn't.

Yeah, you didnt know it would be a classic. But you didnt think it would be trash.

For one, Izzo is actually an amazing song. Were the nice lyrics covered up with a commercial beat/hook? Yes. But the point is, he was still spitting.

Plus, we heard Takeover before Blueprint was released as well. Your point really isnt even the same type of comparasing at all. These last 3 songs, plus thelast handful of features or remix' he has been on have all been sub par or trash Jay. The way he raps, his flow, his lack of creativity, he constantstruggle with trying to stay hip rather then just doing what always worked, him, is a dead give away that this cd will be hot garbage.

Exactly, you didn't.

Yeah, you didnt know it would be a classic. But you didnt think it would be trash.

For one, Izzo is actually an amazing song. Were the nice lyrics covered up with a commercial beat/hook? Yes. But the point is, he was still spitting.
WHAT HE SAID!

Exactly, you didn't.

indifferent.gif

izzo is one of my favorite songs of all time...dont insult it comparing it to this garbage

And Im tired of the "he doesnt push weight or stay in the hood anymore so why rap about it?" arguement. Scarface lives in the burbs and still keeps it 100.
sorry I'm at work and this really made me spill something on my keyboard. Face is that dude but your wildin. How are you keeping it real,rappin about trappin yet you have a huge yard and haven't moved..or shouldn't have moved idk these dudes lives...a brick in years? that makes no senseto me. Idk what real is n e more.

Exactly, you didn't.

indifferent.gif

izzo is one of my favorite songs of all time...dont insult it comparing it to this garbage

You missed my point.

Then again, you had a Drake avy not too long ago.

Go thaaaaaat way! [emoji]169[/emoji] Pun

^^^^?????

drake is still prolly my fav rapper at the moment but still im not gonna sugarcoat something when its garbage....if i like it i like it...if i dont i dont

besides...id rather have the baddest female in history in my avy
happy.gif

Originally Posted by bboy1827

sorry I'm at work and this really made me spill something on my keyboard. Face is that dude but your wildin. How are you keeping it real, rappin about trappin yet you have a huge yard and haven't moved..or shouldn't have moved idk these dudes lives...a brick in years? that makes no sense to me. Idk what real is n e more.
Thats some very ignorant logic you have there.

We dont know what ANY of these rappers actually do or did. So if you like drug music or gangsta music, whos to say if its real or not? It's entertainmentyoung man.

I'd rather listen to Scarface or Jay or Nas rapping about drugs or murder or just being "hood" period, with a complex, witty, un matched flow andlyrics we could never even think of then listening to someone who actually kills people and actually pushed weight but cant rap better then solja boy.Understand?

But that isnt the point. Jay doesnt have to do that. I'd actually perfer him rapping like he did on "Go Crazy" or "Diamonds are forver"then anything else.

Exactly, you didn't.

indifferent.gif

x2.. not really feeling "off that" at all..

Back
Top Bottom