* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

I guess Jay got mad at "too many blueprints not enough architects?"

nothing will come of it, though ..

Originally Posted by roc4life24

beat is good

but i was expecting great lyrical content /w decent chorus. Instead a 40 year old talking about his platinum plaques (sp?).

jay-z and timb are supposed to have fun instead someone gassed jay up like we dont know his past. His present seems lacking now
grin.gif
eyes.gif

statements like this bother (no shot to you)
this is how everyone...... eh %%+$ it... i dont care

After the first listen, I already like "Reminder" a helluva lot more than "Off That" ... still, as far as I'm concerned Timbois o-fer as of right now.

sick.gif
@ that God awful hook, let's see if it grows on me.

The boy did kind of get off on this joint though.
Do what I've done without crying
In the environment in which I did it in without DYING my n_
And rap like I rap with out LYING, then tie 'em both together like I AM my n_
Then write 16's in between running 16 businesses
All the while showing these young punks what the business is
As if, I'ma let you n_ style on me
As if, now everybody's senile on me
Throwbacks, I threw 'em back, remember those?
Button ups, Young Hov, tell them ordinary Joes, "button up"
I destroy ya 4.0s, and Benz 500's and all points that OH!
Now you n_ 'member me, tell me how could you forget
Back of Johnny's album cover, red and blue Gucci %+#*
Ain't nothing changed but the year it is
I think I have to send you a reminder, here it is

The beat on reminder is crazy. Songs not bad. The chorus is garbage though.

This song needs a remix

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

The problem is that when Joe responds he'll go back to that "deaf ear" that he seems to have after he throws his sublim every rip. So in thatrespects its actually pretty ho-$@% but atleast I'll get to hear some good bars outta Joseph about it
laugh.gif

Off That is average and Reminder is cool...one thing that concerns me is on the production tip. Danja needs to provide the drums for Timbo again cause whateverhe's doing now ain't cutting it.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

10 Things To Expect To Hear On a Jay-Z Album Post Black Album:

-Trying way too hard to start another trend the way he deaded sports attire
-Him going over his core audiences head talking about way too much money. Thousandaire Hov was cool. Half a billionaire Hov...not many of us can relate.
-Beyonce
-An "I Made It" song. How many times can you re-do "Anything" off Beanie Sigel's first lp?
-An outstanding Just Blaze beat or two...dude always comes out of nowhere and murks everybody on the album with some last minute %*@*.
-Leftover Kanye beats (he saves the best %*@* for his lp's). Ye gets "Say You Will" and "Welcome To Heartbreak"
pimp.gif
...Jay gets "Jockin' Jay-Z"
laugh.gif

-Zero Roc-A-Fella artists
smh.gif

-A whole song and a gang of lines referencing age.
-Product placement of all the latest and greatest clothes, cars, gadgets, travel destinations etc
-Him telling Dame and Biggs to make another Hov

Bonus: Him swearing his undying allegiance to Bleek. Maybe they're really just that tight but is anybody else wondering why dude is so loyal? What does Bleek know?
nerd.gif

Bump.

That's basically Reminder.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

10 Things To Expect To Hear On a Jay-Z Album Post Black Album:

-Trying way too hard to start another trend the way he deaded sports attire
-Him going over his core audiences head talking about way too much money. Thousandaire Hov was cool. Half a billionaire Hov...not many of us can relate.
-Beyonce
-An "I Made It" song. How many times can you re-do "Anything" off Beanie Sigel's first lp?
-An outstanding Just Blaze beat or two...dude always comes out of nowhere and murks everybody on the album with some last minute %*@*.
-Leftover Kanye beats (he saves the best %*@* for his lp's). Ye gets "Say You Will" and "Welcome To Heartbreak"
pimp.gif
...Jay gets "Jockin' Jay-Z"
laugh.gif

-Zero Roc-A-Fella artists
smh.gif

-A whole song and a gang of lines referencing age.
-Product placement of all the latest and greatest clothes, cars, gadgets, travel destinations etc
-Him telling Dame and Biggs to make another Hov

Bonus: Him swearing his undying allegiance to Bleek. Maybe they're really just that tight but is anybody else wondering why dude is so loyal? What does Bleek know?
nerd.gif

Bump.

That's basically Reminder.
laugh.gif
Yep
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

The problem is that when Joe responds he'll go back to that "deaf ear" that he seems to have after he throws his sublim every rip. So in that respects its actually pretty ho-$@% but atleast I'll get to hear some good bars outta Joseph about it
laugh.gif
yeah.
I just listened to "Talk to 'em" again.
pimp.gif

I think reminder goes...

I'm just not feeling the hook, but i mean damn, Hov shoulda just went straight to Danja for production.

I still think BP3 will be a classic, and all yall naysayers will be singing different tunes around 9/11

Not really feeling reminder, based on what has came out, Jay is 1/4 as of now, things are looking kindome Come/Blueprint 2 status

Originally Posted by awwsome

I still think BP3 will be a classic, and all yall naysayers will be singing different tunes around 9/11

I'm going to have to agree somewhat with that... The Black Album was the last Jay-Z album that I still have in rotation... KC was cool and AG I hardly everlisten to. IMO the 3 tracks i've heard - DOA, Run This Town, and Off That.. have me much more excited about BP3 compared to how I felt about "Show MeWhat You Got" and "Roc Boys" before KC and AG come out. I think that BP3 will be a solid album, but it will take time to grow on people.

EDIT: Just heard - Reminder. Only further re-iterates my point. Quality track... It might not be his best work, but compared to some of the work off the past 2albums - it's dope.

The hell is wrong with his flow.....? DOA is the only track I'm messin with. Run this town is dope cuz of kanyes part imo. Reminder sucks.

Damn Jay...not really feeling the songs so far.

And i'm definitely NOT feeling his wack $+# adlib - "Ugghh"
sick.gif
About as annoying as OJ Da Juiceman's "Ayeeeeee"

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Originally Posted by roc4life24

beat is good

but i was expecting great lyrical content /w decent chorus. Instead a 40 year old talking about his platinum plaques (sp?).

jay-z and timb are supposed to have fun instead someone gassed jay up like we dont know his past. His present seems lacking now
grin.gif
eyes.gif

statements like this bother (no shot to you)
this is how everyone...... eh %%+$ it... i dont care
I feel you Infyrno on this being irksome....its just idiotic. Expectations for songs to be a certain way will kill any appreciation you possiblywill have for the music. And at the end of the day nobody gives a damn what anyone on here expected.

Back
Top Bottom