* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Its erie how similar in 'solidness' this is to relapse ...

imo, both have 2-3 straight BANGERS, 4-6 strong songs, 1-2 radio songs and 2-3 tracks you could just do without ...

I still say relapse is better strictly off personal preference ... but considering eminem held off half of relapse for a 2nd cd and jay came with his'all' on BP3, this is justa dissapointment ...

This album is EXCELLENT.

"What We Talkin' About" great song, but really not feeling the beat. Thought I was fooled into a blend at first listen
laugh.gif
but I think it'llgrow on me.
"Thank You"
eek.gif
sick.gif

"Empire State of Mind"
pimp.gif
Alicia Keys killed it and Hov did not disappoint.
"Real As It Gets" sounds like Jeezy's song since he's all over it. Jay's 2nd verse is
eek.gif
though, just it was less Jeezy and more Jay.
"On To The Next One" beat KNOCKS, Jay kills it. :xx:wow:x:pimp:
"Off That" Like it
pimp.gif

"A Star Is Born" FIRE
eek.gif
pimp.gif
J. Cole came through SPITTIN
"Venus VS. Mars" Very dope
pimp.gif
. The wordplay is filthy.
"Already Home" Verses are on point and the last one is just
eek.gif
. Kid Cudi did his thing on the hook.
"Hate" I'm really surprised more people aren't feeling this. One of favorite cuts off the album. I think with time this is gonna grow and itwill be remembered
pimp.gif
. Nothing better than 2 of the greatest going back and forth, no hook just going bar for bar.
"Reminder" good song, I think the awful hook really makes this track look worse than it actually is.
"So Ambitious" Could of did without this. It might grow on me, we'll see.
"Young Forever" I had high hopes for this track and I wasn't too impressed. No
eek.gif
here.

Still, Jay did not disappoint and proves he can still come with heat. GOAT like it or not.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

imo, both have 2-3 straight BANGERS, 4-6 strong songs, 1-2 radio songs and 2-3 tracks you could just do without ...

I still say relapse is better strictly off personal preference ... but considering eminem held off half of relapse for a 2nd cd and jay came with his 'all' on BP3, this is justa dissapointment ...

i dont know if this is his ALL if he left Takeover 2 off of it.

So far I'm feeling that "Reminder" ...the hook is
sick.gif
though.
eek.gif
How????!!!!????
am i the only who isn't feeling Hate???
eyes.gif

It's whack don't sweat it man. How ppl are feeling it is what's getting me.
Think I'm officially way too fed up with Ye. Album is good though, definitely better than most trash that has come out.
Yea I really don't know what dude is doing ghost writer or not. Looking back he isn't needed on this album. Bleek would've done abetter job.
Why are some people talking about an intro?? There's nothing on the tracklisting?
What We Talking About is the Intro
laugh.gif
or at least that'swhat I consider it. Aint feel like typing it out every time. Anyway beat needs to change on that asap.
"Hate" I'm really surprised more people aren't feeling this. One of favorite cuts off the album. I think with time this is gonna grow and it will be remembered
pimp.gif
. Nothing better than 2 of the greatest going back and forth, no hook just going bar for bar.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

On another note I don't think enough ppl are listening to the lyrics On To The Next One. The lyrics are potent and matching up with what Swizz did witht hebeat perfectly for everything to stand out.

eek.gif

In my opinion, this is arguably his best album... MUSICALLY.

I just finished vibing out to the whole album...

The only song that f___s up the flow of the album to me is "Run This Town". I hated it when I first heard it by itself and I still hate it even ifthere is some sort of hidden Masonic message behind it.
laugh.gif
But even withthat, I still can't say it's a "bad" song. I just can't vibe with it.

Besides that, every song on the album, whether you like each one or not, are all stellar songs that add to great mood this album has. Even the timbo jointssound better in the context of the album. Hearing them 'big' through a good sound system helps too.
pimp.gif

Personal favs:
  • "Empire State of Mind" (no need to comment)
  • "On To The Next One": Swizz did the damn thing on this. This s___ knocks something
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    sick.gif
    ... I don't see how someone cannot like this. This is going to be a problem in the clubs and in the whip.
  • "Venus VS Mars": love the wittiness of the lyrics and the unusualness (new word? lol) of the track
  • "Already Home": just an all around great song
  • "Young Forever": even though it came out when I was a baby, that Alphaville joint was always cool to me when I would hear it. Just the way it mellows you out. The same with this song. Perfect way to end the album. It MAKES you want to repeat the entire album over and over again.
  • "So Ambitious": ...
Searching for kicks just like a sneaker head...

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
wink.gif

As far Jay's best albums, for ME it goes: ReasonableDoubt > Blueprint 3 > Vol. 1 > Blueprint 1 > The Black Album > American Gangster = The Dynasty Album = Vol. 2

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

I still say relapse is better strictly off personal preference ... but considering eminem held off half of relapse for a 2nd cd and jay came with his 'all' on BP3, this is justa dissapointment ...

i dont know if this is his ALL if he left Takeover 2 off of it.
i hope not cuz i talk a lotta !%#+ about jay just for the lulz and stans on here but this just CANT be all ... i hope he pulls an em and dropsanother cd in a few months ...

that dude up there "The Game Is A F" or whatever bumped his head while rockin out to DOA or somethin lololololol ... ++*$+ talkin reckless

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

after further review this is the best album in the past 4 years...

I mean I like it but no. Sorry that I can't list albums that I think are better but I'm not at home right now.

Is everyone listening to this high right now?

And Time everything you have ever said about music has just been discredited...please do us all a favor and don't post in the music forum anymore.Relapse>>>>>>BP3

The past 4 years? This isn't even the best album of the past month.

IDK what you guys are listening to who are saying its great... but this is absolutely awful. Half the album is unlistenable... and the other half has no replayvalue.. I tried to listen to a few songs twice and just couldn't do it. I thought the J.Cole/Cudi songs might save the album. .nope... not even close

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

brendanmaguire wrote:

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

This *%%+ sucks. KC>This Easily.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

A stoneface doesn't change the truth.
grin.gif

I agree... as awful as KC was.. it still had 5 solid tracks.. this is borderline garbage
Yal talkin bout Kingdom Come when yal say KC right? Or is this some jay album i never heard of?

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

after further review this is the best album in the past 4 years...

I mean I like it but no. Sorry that I can't list albums that I think are better but I'm not at home right now.

Is everyone listening to this high right now?

And Time everything you have ever said about music has just been discredited...please do us all a favor and don't post in the music forum anymore. Relapse>>>>>>BP3

The past 4 years? This isn't even the best album of the past month.

IDK what you guys are listening to who are saying its great... but this is absolutely awful. Half the album is unlistenable... and the other half has no replay value.. I tried to listen to a few songs twice and just couldn't do it. I thought the J.Cole/Cudi songs might save the album. .nope... not even close
Didn't yall see when I quoted him about that and he said he was joking?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom