* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

jay's my favorite rapper...but besides these tracks @#$% is WACK

"Thank You"
"DOA"
"Empire State of Mind"
"A Star Is Born" (only cause of J. Cole's verse, this shouldve been HIS song)

and i like the beat off "So Ambitious".

the @#$% was dude thinking with "Hate"? that track is @#$%@$ awful
sick.gif

"shawty get it in, im a mac" etc, that @#$% was awful as well. im so disappointed. AG is my favorite album from Jay.

man im like on my 5th pass through ... i think this is probably in his bottom 4 cds ... i overrated it at first but it kinda just clicked to me what he wastrying to do and how weak he came ...

if you think BP3 > Relapse you bumped your damn head ... i retract my previous comparisons, this is borderline unlistenable ... i was in a trance cuz it wasjay-z but now im being realistic and he didnt come through in my opinion ...

^ 'The Game is a Foot' is talkin' RECKLESS ASHELL!
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

On a realistic/serious note, this album is VERY good. I give it a 4/5. The Timbo tracks actually sound
pimp.gif
when hearing CDQ in the whip (V vs. M was ALWAYS
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
to me though). Excluding "Off That" of course
indifferent.gif
. Hov needed to remove that*%%$@$*$ COMPLETELY off the album, change the hook on "Reminder" (song is dope otherwise), and gave Jeezy WAY too many bars (sounds like a Jeezytrack with a Hov feature
grin.gif
). Other than that, I can't reallycomplain.

Favorite Tracks:

1. What We Talkin' About + Luke Steele (Of Empire Of The Sun)
pimp.gif

5. Empire State Of Mind + Alicia Keys
eek.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

7. On To The Next One + Swizz Beatz (I don't give a F what anyone says, Swizzy MURDERED this beat
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
& I don't even like him
laugh.gif
).
9. A Star Is Born + J. Cole
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

10. Venus VS. Mars (Wordplay is FILTHY
eek.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
)
11. Already Home + KiD CuDi (My dude Scott killing chorus' like usual
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
, but this cut is TOO NICE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
)
14. So Ambitious + Pharrell (
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
COT DAMN! P treated this thing somethin' serious! %*#$ is EPIC in thewhip).

@ the end of the day, BP > BP2 >/= BP3...

venus vs mars has wordplay? @#$% sounded elementary as hell like some lil wayne @#$%. i actually like the beat alot but still...

im sitting here shaking my head at myself ... i have never been so into an album the first few spins and had a completely clouded mind ... jay just needs tohole up with beyonce and retire ... should have stopped long ago ...

I havent heard it yet. You guys are making it really hard to decipher whether this !$*! is good or bad. All I know is that that Cudi joint is too ill and DOAand that song with Rihanna is wack as hell.

I hope the songs with drake,Pharrell and Mr. Hudson are good

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

BP3 >/= BP2...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Hold up! It was suppose to be: BP2 >/= BP3, leaning towards the ">" side. Pointbeing, BP3 is nice & is in the middle of the pack of Jay's albums IMO.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Dudes saying KC is better need to off themselves with thequickness![/color]
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

man im like on my 5th pass through ... i think this is probably in his bottom 4 cds ... i overrated it at first but it kinda just clicked to me what he was trying to do and how weak he came ...

if you think BP3 > Relapse you bumped your damn head ... i retract my previous comparisons, this is borderline unlistenable ... i was in a trance cuz it was jay-z but now im being realistic and he didnt come through in my opinion ...
BP3 is = if not > Relapse. How in the hell is this unlistenable to you? I'd love to see if you think anything on Relapse is bad cuz theredefinitely are a handful of tracks that are weak. Some of yall ain't listening to lyrics enough cuz Jay has plenty on here. This album has a great soundbesides the Timbo tracks. Everything else flows together quite well. Anyone that thinks KC is better than this needs to have their ears checked forreal,i'd love to hear yall reasons why? Bunch of people in here making blanket statements when it's obvious yall just skimming through.

Overall it's not his best, but its solid for where he is in his career. Quote of the day "Hov on that new s_ / N's like how come / N's WANT MY OLD S_ / BUY MY OLD ALBUM"

AG>BP3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KC

LMAOOOOOOOO @ that "Forever Young" joint.

I think this record will be a big hit amongst it's target audience of 12-17 year olds. Well done, Shawn.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

brendanmaguire wrote:

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

This *%%+ sucks. KC>This Easily.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

A stoneface doesn't change the truth.
grin.gif

I agree... as awful as KC was.. it still had 5 solid tracks.. this is borderline garbage
Yal talkin bout Kingdom Come when yal say KC right? Or is this some jay album i never heard of?

Yeah Kingdom Come.
Originally Posted by General Johnson

Y'all really think this album is dope?

Maybe I ain't listening to it the right way...

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

jay's my favorite rapper...but besides these tracks @#$% is WACK

"Thank You"
"DOA"
"Empire State of Mind"
"A Star Is Born" (only cause of J. Cole's verse, this shouldve been HIS song)

and i like the beat off "So Ambitious".

the @#$% was dude thinking with "Hate"? that track is @#$%@$ awful
sick.gif

"shawty get it in, im a mac" etc, that @#$% was awful as well. im so disappointed. AG is my favorite album from Jay.

/thread

A person with Jay-Z as their avy and the other guy with Jay as his favorite rapper. The Jay-Z fans aren't liking this. The Jay-Z STANS are.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

BP3 >/= BP2...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Hold up! It was suppose to be: BP2 >/= BP3, leaning towards the ">" side. Point being, BP3 is nice & is in the middle of the pack of Jay's albums IMO.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Dudes saying KC is better need to off themselves with the quickness![/color]
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
eyes.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sure it was....dont let Carolina change your opinion

^ iHust1e, I really meant what I said my man (it was originally wrong).
laugh.gif
...This is still
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
though...again, it just "came out" today.It will probably grow on me even more (already listened to it all the way through 4 times now)...

^^
laugh.gif
its cool

....and Hate is the meanest track on the album. Its def like 5 minutes tooo short..

Damn from the reviews of Off That i thought this would be on some Sunshine, Hollywood type sh-- utter garbage type track. Its okay not complete trash like ithought it would be like how cats was making it seem.

On "A Star Is Born" and can't say there is any clear cut track thats below average, like what im hearing. J. Cole whoooaaaa
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

man im like on my 5th pass through ... i think this is probably in his bottom 4 cds ... i overrated it at first but it kinda just clicked to me what he was trying to do and how weak he came ...

if you think BP3 > Relapse you bumped your damn head ... i retract my previous comparisons, this is borderline unlistenable ... i was in a trance cuz it was jay-z but now im being realistic and he didnt come through in my opinion ...
BP3 is = if not > Relapse. How in the hell is this unlistenable to you? I'd love to see if you think anything on Relapse is bad cuz there definitely are a handful of tracks that are weak. Some of yall ain't listening to lyrics enough cuz Jay has plenty on here. This album has a great sound besides the Timbo tracks. Everything else flows together quite well. Anyone that thinks KC is better than this needs to have their ears checked forreal, i'd love to hear yall reasons why? Bunch of people in here making blanket statements when it's obvious yall just skimming through.

Overall it's not his best, but its solid for where he is in his career. Quote of the day "Hov on that new s_ / N's like how come / N's WANT MY OLD S_ / BUY MY OLD ALBUM"

AG>BP3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KC
lets put it this way, i roll with jay hard ... and i have no desire to listen to more than 3 songs on this album ... and its only the first daylol ... i dunno what it is about this new jay-z %$+@ but im not feeling it ... hes too huffy puffy in his rhymes instead of just flowing ... at least relapsewas intriguing, this %$+@ sounds like jay is TRYING tooooooo hard ...

bottom line is he did the blueprint series wrong with this joint and i hope he has some track son the back burners waiting for another cd or something ...

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

^ 'The Game is a Foot' is talkin' RECKLESS AS HELL!
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

How am I talking reckless? I'm stating MY OPINION of the album.

At this stage of game I appreciate rap music (specifically Jay's music) for reasons that differ from when I first heard it in the years they originallyreleased. I grew up listening to Jay's music the same way everyone else did on here. And just like Jay, I GREW UPtoo. Back in the 90's when it was all about being gangster and "jiggy", as a teen that was the only thing that appealed to me on RD, Vol. 1 &rap in general. But today I've grown pass all of that and now appreciate stuff that pushes the envelope and inspires creativity and progression in life andin ones' own craft. That is why I like this album so much and the reason I ranked Jay's albums in the order they rank, to ME.

I never said BP 3 was perfect. Everyone appreciates different types of hip-hop and various production styles for different reasons. This album just vibrates ona level that I can identify with more than others and really should be used as a blueprint making rap music. Especially in today's climate.

Back
Top Bottom