**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Any reason other than cost that a lot of custom jewelry is made in 14k? I have emailed a few jewelers about 18k angels, they all can do it but some noted that the chain would still be 14k. I just have something against 14k, I want it at least 75% gold. Also, I'm thinking about getting a gold Rolex some time down the line and my OCD would make me want everything to match.

14k is harder and less prone to scratches and dents. Daniel Jewelry has a process where they can make 14k dark, so it appears the same as 18k.

Any reason other than cost that a lot of custom jewelry is made in 14k? I have emailed a few jewelers about 18k angels, they all can do it but some noted that the chain would still be 14k. I just have something against 14k, I want it at least 75% gold. Also, I'm thinking about getting a gold Rolex some time down the line and my OCD would make me want everything to match.

14k is harder and less prone to scratches and dents. Daniel Jewelry has a process where they can make 14k dark, so it appears the same as 18k.
i understand his angst toward 14k, gold rolex watches only come in 18k, so even though da would look like 18k, da weight and % of gold

wouldn't be da same.

i understand his angst toward 14k, gold rolex watches only come in 18k, so even though da would look like 18k, da weight and % of gold

wouldn't be da same.

It is only noticeable if they are right next to each other and in certain lighting. I definitely wouldn't mix and match on piece and chain, but it isn't a big deal with a watch.

It is only noticeable if they are right next to each other and in certain lighting. I definitely wouldn't mix and match on piece and chain, but it isn't a big deal with a watch.
It's not only about the matching color to me. It's just the fact that 14k isn't even 60% gold. Being Asian, the only gold I knew growing up was 24k. The only custom jewelry I ever owned were an a 18k white gold dog tag with diamonds and 18k yellow gold dog tag with canary diamonds set up from Jacob. I gave that to my boy but thinking about it now, the ball chain that came with it was probably 14k if everyone is telling me people hardly make 18k ball chains.

Iv'e done business with both LAX & Icee Fresh...both very SOLID and took super good care of me :smokin :smokin...LAX even went out his way to plug me on some other business ventures as well so hats off to that man...I'll post a pic of everything when I get my grill in from Icee Fresh this week

It's not only about the matching color to me. It's just the fact that 14k isn't even 60% gold. Being Asian, the only gold I knew growing up was 24k. The only custom jewelry I ever owned were an a 18k white gold dog tag with diamonds and 18k yellow gold dog tag with canary diamonds set up from Jacob. I gave that to my boy but thinking about it now, the ball chain that came with it was probably 14k if everyone is telling me people hardly make 18k ball chains.

People make 18k chains. Daniel can make you one. The extra cost isn't justifiable to me. It isn't as durable either.

Was Wondering If Anyone Could Help Me Out.. Can Anyone Guess What The 

Measurements Of This Piece Is? Tryna Make One Of My Block, And Like The Size Of This.

Thanks 

Iv'e done business with both LAX & Icee Fresh...both very SOLID and took super good care of me :smokin :smokin...LAX even went out his way to plug me on some other business ventures as well so hats off to that man...I'll post a pic of everything when I get my grill in from Icee Fresh this week
was that your cuban link bracelet he posted the other day on i.g? :smokin:smokin

Damn, always thought the colors were acrylic paint or something :lol:

question, on a grill, could you paint a design with acrylic paint, then coat it with something so it doesn't fade under your saliva?

Back
Top Bottom