**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

There is nothing wrong with a salary like that, as long as you are making your money work for you. You have to have some other investments, whether it be internet sales, a private business or just playing with stocks or Forex. A 9 to 5 just doesn't cut it these days. :smh:

Someone knowledgable about this stuff should make a thread n help other NT'ers out

what flea is he in? USA? i looked for him when i went. Or is it the smaller flea/strip mall next to USA. 

he is in the village flea market next to usa its off 27th and 79th behind the mcdonalds its a weird shopping plaza , i wouldnt go to him though , mike right next door to him is way better i traded the franco i got from franky for a cuban with mike ....i got popped for my chain awhile ago but it was nice

Someone knowledgable about this stuff should make a thread n help other NT'ers out

Not saying that nobody here knows what they are doing, but why look to a sneaker message board for cats to provide financial planning advice? I mean, sure, if some dude who knows his stuff and who you trust is going to take the time to pass on their knowledge, that's cool. But, generally speaking, there's no shortage of better places on the internet (I presume) to educate yourself on personal finance and investment strategy than Niketalk.

Well I work in Financials (The #1 Broker Dealer in the US(PM me for more Info).. and one of the safest is with an IUL or GIUL..in simple terms it works like this.. and Index Universal Life policy or Global Index Universal Life Policy... Not only do you have a face amount benefit.. but the funds that grow inside the policy at about on average 5-8% a year grow 100% income tax free as per the TAMRA ACT,.. the money put into the policy already come from a taxed source . its one of the best tax advantaged products on the Market... the money grows inside the policy based on you being credited on the gains of either the S&P 500, Heng-Seng, Euro STOXX 50, and Emerging Market Indexes.. And since you money is not in the actually in the Market you get credited on the gains and most products have a Guaranteed 1%-0% Floor.. Hopefully all of that made sense.. I'm located in LA so anybody have any questions feel free to ask...

This but one of Many smart things that you can do with your money to make it work for you.....

Not saying that nobody here knows what they are doing, but why look to a sneaker message board for cats to provide financial planning advice? I mean, sure, if some dude who knows his stuff and who you trust is going to take the time to pass on their knowledge, that's cool. But, generally speaking, there's no shortage of better places on the internet (I presume) to educate yourself on personal finance and investment strategy than Niketalk.

:lol: after reading this i realized how dumb of a
Post that was.

i bought a chain from franky diamonds .....hes whatever tho b hes here in the flea market they be taxing like crazy lol i had to make pretend i was going to leave to get the right price on a franco ....he has alot of that crystal diamond / 8k gold stuff lol stopped messing with his store after they sold me a indian face ring that wasnt even scratching 10k , luckily they gave me a full refund ....oh and i bought a set of diamond earrings really big and nice and they diamonds kept falling out , they refunded me that but in store credit
doesn't surprise me, his stuff looks sketchy 
mean.gif

There is nothing wrong with a salary like that, as long as you are making your money work for you. You have to have some other investments, whether it be internet sales, a private business or just playing with stocks or Forex. A 9 to 5 just doesn't cut it these days.
mean.gif
Salary like that he should definitely take advantage of 401(k) matching. But other than that...I just don't think he's got enough capital 

Say he's got 20k in savings-- should he put 6k in bluechips? is it worth being exposed to market risk just to get 3% and outpace inflation by 2%?

REITS or some high dividend stocks would probably be his best bet to make money, but the volatility is high. Plus he's working all day, and if he's not in finance he won't be on top of the game like that. 

Entrepreneurial ventures have like an 80% failure rate, and he doesn't have much capital to begin with.

IMO saving for a down payment and then getting that down so he can start paying a mortgage instead of rent seems to be one of the best routes.

I'd like to see opinions from the older more successful heads cause I know there's plenty of 22-30 year olds who are doing the "make 600 a week and blow 500 in the club" like al dente said. Getting the paycheck, but not seeing a clear way to turn it into more money. Just living like wage earners, not investors.

To be clear, buy house then stock house with ds retro releases from 2011-present is not my financial strategy

Well I work in Financials (The #1 Broker Dealer in the US(PM me for more Info).. and one of the safest is with an IUL or GIUL..in simple terms it works like this.. and Index Universal Life policy or Global Index Universal Life Policy... Not only do you have a face amount benefit.. but the funds that grow inside the policy at about on average 5-8% a year grow 100% income tax free as per the TAMRA ACT,.. the money put into the policy already come from a taxed source . its one of the best tax advantaged products on the Market... the money grows inside the policy based on you being credited on the gains of either the S&P 500, Heng-Seng, Euro STOXX 50, and Emerging Market Indexes.. And since you money is not in the actually in the Market you get credited on the gains and most products have a Guaranteed 1%-0% Floor.. Hopefully all of that made sense.. I'm located in LA so anybody have any questions feel free to ask...

This but one of Many smart things that you can do with your money to make it work for you.....
At what face value would you say these become worthwhile? 

Would a rise in interest rates increase the earnings?

What about fixed rate? I feel like it'd be a bad time to be indexed to, say, the S&P

At what face value would you say these become worthwhile? 

Would a rise in interest rates increase the earnings?

What about fixed rate? I feel like it'd be a bad time to be indexed to, say, the S&P

It depends as you don't want to break the MEC... if your looking to Overfund it and want for sure around $100K a year around retirement age... get a $250K-$500K policy (Depending on you age.. the younger you start it the better, as your cost of insurance is cheaper and more of the premium goes towards the investment account.

Indexing it great.. the Market did 8% last year , plus with the Global Product you can get credited on International indexes, and mix and match you percentage up to 100%... or you could go safe and get 100% fixed 5% account

And yes when interest rates increase the Insurance Companies will generally increase the Max Cap Rate and the Floor as well.

The thing is, a lot of middle and lower middle class people in this country view a house as some type of great investment. The reality is that they end up dumping tons of money into renovations and repairs, and pay much more than the home is worth by the time their mortgage is paid off with interest. I have made money off of houses, but these were instances where I bought the houses outright, renovated them, and flipped them or rented them out. Yeah, it is nice to own a house and feel like you have that security (although you don't really have any security if you don't own it outright anyways), but if you live in a house and pay on a mortage, it isn't really an investment.

Agreed. Theoretically, it's a better situation than renting, but you touch so little of the principle for the early part of the mortgage that you are essentially just parking your down payment in an earn-nothing savings account and paying rent for like 10 years. I mean, at the end of the day, you do need a place to live, so as long as you aren't taking an L, there are worse places to tie up your money. But, what's clear is that the old trope of "buy as much home as you can afford" is certainly not a de facto good idea unless the market is booming. IMO, you are better off buying a smaller/less expensive home that you can take a 20 year on than a bigger home with the standard 30 year - unless you envision yourself living there for good, in which case the market value of your home is less important in the overall prioritization of the different factors surrounding that place.

Of course there are other benefits to owning, such as opening new lines of credit, etc., but those "benefits" are also additional risk exposure, so it depends on how you make use of them.

Your point about dumping money into the home is a good one too. I don't plan on staying in my current place more than a few more years max, and I am already shooting down the wife's requests to invest in basically anything that isn't "core." All that stuff is hit and miss - if you renovate in a way that a prospective buyer likes, you'll be able to increase the asking price by more than you paid for the renovation(s), but if they don't like what you did, you are set up to take an L.

Back
Top Bottom