**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Which movado os this one?[/quote]

Its an automatic museum with factory bezel. Think it was limited. Not sure.

Since this is the jewelry thread I'll keep my finance advice short... JC is right about a lot. A mortgage is cool, but not paying it is way better. Getting a mortgage, and renting the house out to ppl for the amount of the mortgage payment (or more) is WAY BETTER. Let others pay into your equity 8)

Well I work in Financials (The #1 Broker Dealer in the US(PM me for more Info).. and one of the safest is with an IUL or GIUL..in simple terms it works like this.. and Index Universal Life policy or Global Index Universal Life Policy... Not only do you have a face amount benefit.. but the funds that grow inside the policy at about on average 5-8% a year grow 100% income tax free as per the TAMRA ACT,.. the money put into the policy already come from a taxed source . its one of the best tax advantaged products on the Market... the money grows inside the policy based on you being credited on the gains of either the S&P 500, Heng-Seng, Euro STOXX 50, and Emerging Market Indexes.. And since you money is not in the actually in the Market you get credited on the gains and most products have a Guaranteed 1%-0% Floor.. Hopefully all of that made sense.. I'm located in LA so anybody have any questions feel free to ask...

This but one of Many smart things that you can do with your money to make it work for you.....

:rofl: at the thought of promoting a Life Policy as a solid investment choice. You probably work as a commission-only "financial advisor". Selling 20 year olds cashvalue life insurance plans they have no need for and stacking off 50%+ of the clients first year premium. I see you pleighbwah.

roll.gif
at the thought of promoting a Life Policy as a solid investment choice. You probably work as a commission-only "financial advisor". Selling 20 year olds cashvalue life insurance plans they have no need for and stacking off 50%+ of the clients first year premium. I see you pleighbwah.
So the premiums get eaten up by commissions and administrative fees? 

I guess I would ask why you wouldn't just buy indexed funds instead of an indexed UL. But I assume the answer would be if the index drops youre in a better spot if you have the UL than if you straight own the fund.

I like all the G checking in here, don't let Charlie's fascism hold you down

The thing is, a lot of middle and lower middle class people in this country view a house as some type of great investment. The reality is that they end up dumping tons of money into renovations and repairs, and pay much more than the home is worth by the time their mortgage is paid off with interest. I have made money off of houses, but these were instances where I bought the houses outright, renovated them, and flipped them or rented them out. Yeah, it is nice to own a house and feel like you have that security (although you don't really have any security if you don't own it outright anyways), but if you live in a house and pay on a mortage, it isn't really an investment.
I agree with you to an extent. But it seems like if youre gonna hold on long term homes look pretty good. But I know inflation was high in the 70's and obviously a housing bubble developed  at the tail end of this graph:
Code:
Median Home Values: Unadjusted                     2000      1990      1980      1970     1960     1950    1940United States     $119,600   $79,100   $47,200   $17,000  $11,900   $7,354  $2,938
But I'm really not talking about a home as an investment as much as a way to avoid having such a large percentage of your income go down the rent hole. If you take home 40k a year and 10k is rent, why not spend an extra 8k or so a year and have it be working toward something?

From a car perspective, if you had an assurance that a car would in 30 years be a classic and be worth 4 times what the sale price was, why would you lease?

Last edited:
:rofl: at the thought of promoting a Life Policy as a solid investment choice. You probably work as a commission-only "financial advisor". Selling 20 year olds cashvalue life insurance plans they have no need for and stacking off 50%+ of the clients first year premium. I see you pleighbwah.

Wow honestly you have NO Clue what you are talking about. Cash value is not eaten up by Fees.. Fees tend to be less than 1% which is factored into your Premium, I Don't get paid commission, Nor do I or the company take anything out of your product either. Of course you could just invest directly in the Index but then you expose yourself to Risk of Loss if the Market goes down, Versus this Product which has at minimum a Guaranteed Floor of 0-1% so there never a risk of Loss.

SO Not to Flame but please before you criticize know what you are talking about .... :smh:

I feel bad for these people thinking they're going to get anything close to what they paid. That black one selling at $500 was even more than I expected.

Can we please get back to the jewelry?

Nah, homie let's keep the financial talk going in between the jewelry pictures. JChambers brings up some excellent points in his post. Really, the 30 year mortgage is too long and loaded with too much interest. Plus with the way you pay mostly interest in the beginning, it takes forever to build equity. A 15-20 year mortgage is your best bet or you should pay extra toward the principal every month on a 30 year mortgage.

If you get a 15-20 yr mortgage in your 20's, then by the time you are around 45, you move out and rent that out, and then move to a bigger house and let the rent money on the old house pay a lot of your mortgage.

The days of buying a house and it just going up in value are over. When people show these charts of home prices, they don't show the mortgage rates at the time. Much of these home price increases are due to low interest rates and if the current rates went to what they have historically been, you would see that a home to live in is not a good investment.

JC,

As I said before, I don't really disagree. However, the one thing I will note is that the idea of continuing to rent and stacking further in order to be able to put a lot more down if you decide to then buy assumes that the person in question will have the discipline to continue to do that. A common problem with idealized personal finance theory is that it doesn't account for human behavior. ...For example, it's better not to get a tax refund because you are better off making that money work for you as opposed to essentially having the government hold it interest free for the year. But, that presumes that the person would actually make some sort of investment with that extra $100 a week or whatever as opposed to simply spend it frivolously - buy 1 more pair of kicks, go out to dinner once or twice more, etc. People treat large sums of one-time money differently than streams of smaller money that add up. So, for a lot of people, some of the benefit is purely practical in the sense that a mortgage, a greater tax withholding, etc. forces them to behave in a way that might not be ideal, but is moderately better than they would otherwise. ...That's the same issue with the idea of social security vs. letting people keep the money and manage and save it on their own - the latter is a good idea in theory, but history tells us that most people - even those who can afford to do so - won't really do it, and we'll be left with a bunch of broke old people the state will have to do something to take care of anyway.

Back
Top Bottom