**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I'm not that big into jewelry, but these are the chains I own. A 14k 4mm Franco and a 14k 8.5mm Cuban. Special thanks to retroflashbacks retroflashbacks for helping me decide on getting the Cuban from Rey's.

IMG_20181219_123144.jpg
Wheres that franco from?

Wheres that franco from?

It's from Jacoje. I agree that his price per gram is a little high, but the Franco is well made and looks better than some of the other Francos I've seen on the market.

On a side note, my personal opinion when it comes to price, length, karat, and width is just get what you're comfortable with. I know there's a lot of back and forth when it comes to those topics, but different people like different things.

Going the cheapest ain't always the best. Jacobe has built his brand to where you can trust what your getting and have a connection because all his goofy smash smash smash YouTube vids. Dude seems very informative and honest. That being said.....

It's from Jacoje. I agree that his price per gram is a little high, but the Franco is well made and looks better than some of the other Francos I've seen on the market.

On a side note, my personal opinion when it comes to price, length, karat, and width is just get what you're comfortable with. I know there's a lot of back and forth when it comes to those topics, but different people like different things.
Yeah agree 100%. His diamond cuts are the cleanest

The buying used was meant for the person looking for the love braclet.

I don’t agree with the it’s just gold weight... too many things debunk that.

when you buy that love bracelet, its gonna be da same as a generic one made of da same gold content. especially if your lacking paperwork.

Not true.

Why do you say that?

I think this is something that the form is pretty split on. I with ninjahood ninjahood on this I dont see the point of paying the markup outside of The Prestige. That being said I also would not create a carbon copy of the love bracelet I would take some cues from it and create my own custom bracelet.

Last edited:
Yall trippin again... brand name does affect resell.. just look at tiffany jewelry and it doesn't need to be 100yrs old(but that helps). It's the argument u had about 10k 14k 18k..doesn't matter if ur at a pawn shop.. they rape u off top! So if u have a real cartier bracelet and go to a pawn shop ur ******ed but secondly if u think they're gonna give u a lil over scrap for a $14,000 piece ur ******ed too. A reputable pawn shop will find the actual resell value and make offer based on that! Now it is frontin..u can't afford the real and make one exactly alike..u cappin! Make ur own design or put a twist on it IMHO

So y’all copping lab grown diamonds and thinking it’s the same?
it is da same....

speakin of which i had my moissanite studs changed from pushed back to screw backs, da dude put da diamond tester on em, and joints were ringing like a diamond, so all of a sudden ol boy asks me for a tip :lol: i gave it to him for da holidays.

Last edited:
So y’all copping lab grown diamonds and thinking it’s the same?

Im not big into a whole lot of ice but i have no problem with Lab Diamonds but at the same time I would just tell someone there lab diamonds if i had them on my set up real lab diamonds are not dirt cheep

Yall trippin again... brand name does affect resell.. just look at tiffany jewelry and it doesn't need to be 100yrs old(but that helps). It's the argument u had about 10k 14k 18k..doesn't matter if ur at a pawn shop.. they rape u off top! So if u have a real cartier bracelet and go to a pawn shop ur ******ed but secondly if u think they're gonna give u a lil over scrap for a $14,000 piece ur ******ed too. A reputable pawn shop will find the actual resell value and make offer based on that! Now it is frontin..u can't afford the real and make one exactly alike..u cappin! Make ur own design or put a twist on it IMHO

This.

I agree with Ninja's stance as it relates to gold chains. Basically gold content (no matter if it is ifandco, reys, icebox, etc) matters the most in terms of resell and value. But when it comes to high-end designer fine jewelry that just isn't the case. Just like LV/Birkin bags retain value in a different way than a standard leather bag (even one with "higher quality) high-end designer fine jewelry retains its value, in large part, on its name alone. Tiffany, Cartier, Harry Winston, etc have resell markets just for their items. Part of that value comes from the design. The pawn shop isn't a good metric of their value. If you get a jeweler to make you a look-alike, that is what it is. A knock-off.

so if yall had a fiance woulda yall buy a Moissanite engagement ring and not tell her its Moissanite :lol:

Never but I have no shame in my game. And me and my wife both on the same page we rather spend for experiences that overpay four items. That's why me and my wife both settled on a Morganite stone. And I got 8 small diamonds in my ring. I'm not into Faking It but I think there's no shame in saying yeah this looks like diamonds and it cost good money but it's not diamonds

This.

I agree with Ninja's stance as it relates to gold chains. Basically gold content (no matter if it is ifandco, reys, icebox, etc) matters the most in terms of resell and value. But when it comes to high-end designer fine jewelry that just isn't the case. Just like LV/Birkin bags retain value in a different way than a standard leather bag (even one with "higher quality) high-end designer fine jewelry retains its value, in large part, on its name alone. Tiffany, Cartier, Harry Winston, etc have resell markets just for their items. Part of that value comes from the design. The pawn shop isn't a good metric of their value. If you get a jeweler to make you a look-alike, that is what it is. A knock-off.

In the immortal words of Dapper Dan " We don't do knock-offs we do knock-ups" lol if you have millions of dollars in the bank's I guess I understand (truthfully I don't) buying precious metal and then paying more for the name alone. But to me having something custom made Trump's a name brand that made thousands of them when yours is one of one. It's no different to me than buying expensive Tom Ford suit versus getting a custom handmade tailored suit made out of Exquisite materials. But I do understand respect where y'all coming from. I'm just working class Dude any way

The pawn shop isn't a good metric of their value. If you get a jeweler to make you a look-alike, that is what it is. A knock-off.

cartier love bracelets will be made in generic form long after cartier stops making em...ish like generic drugs...after alwhile da originator ain't gonna get that bread no more.

Back
Top Bottom