**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I got a new cuban today. 5.2mm, 58 grams and 27 inches. The Jesus piece is a on a 28inch chain and I dont think they layer that well together but I think ima just keep buying more chains. I like the look with like six 26-30inch long chains with pendants.

Attachments

• CE662567-2685-417E-8DCE-B281DDB20856.jpeg
    CE662567-2685-417E-8DCE-B281DDB20856.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
my question was answered with a question. im still wondering where some good spots/websites are. im new to jewlery.

the spots i was reffering to originally was highline (pricey because rappers can pay them) and ariaco jewelery (prices seem too good to be true so im iffy) in vallejo

Daniels, Rey’s, Leons, CMG are the popular jewelers in here.

There’s a TON of info in this thread. You just gotta go back and read.

why is this so cheap?is it not solid? the cheapest i have found so far, but it is 10k which i learned is a no go....

https://www.shynejewelers.com/10k-yellow-gold-3mm-rope-chain-28in/

i will probably just get a 14k 3mm 20-26 (not sure yet) inch from this ebay seller when i am ready. i saw this link recommended all over the internet. it has 100% feedback too. im sure you guys have heard of it. what do you think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14k-Solid-...Standard!94534!US!-1:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Last edited:
why is this so cheap?is it not solid? the cheapest i have found so far, but it is 10k which i learned is a no go....

https://www.shynejewelers.com/10k-yellow-gold-3mm-rope-chain-28in/

i will probably just get a 14k 3mm 20-26 (not sure yet) inch from this ebay seller when i am ready. i saw this link recommended all over the internet. it has 100% feedback too. im sure you guys have heard of it. what do you think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14k-Solid-...Standard!94534!US!-1:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

If my math is right, that first link from shyne is not cheap. It's only 7 grams so that's almost $39 a gram.

The second link, if you get a 3mm 24 inch, their chart says it's 10 grams and the price is over $600.

what you consider best? cheapest price/best deal? quality? Leon jewelry gave me da best price at da time when i got my joint.

i was thinking quality wise but i gotta make calls and see what each place is selling at currently per gram

to tell you the truth i think i could get better price in store in nyc
but the quality i see from these pics on IG the miami jewelers chains look better

Last edited:
If my math is right, that first link from shyne is not cheap. It's only 7 grams so that's almost $39 a gram.

The second link, if you get a 3mm 24 inch, their chart says it's 10 grams and the price is over $600.

Well it's like $279 from shyne. The price is lower then anywhere I have seen. Also the second link is 677. That seems cheap for 14k. Mind you I'm new to jewelery, but after looking through a bunch if sites these seem to be cheapest. Unless I need to keep looking. These could be over priced for all I know.

Well it's like $279 from shyne. The price is lower then anywhere I have seen.

... it.s 7.6 grams..... you know how small that is? and it's 10 Karat. that means it's 10/24 gold.

$279/7.6g = $36.71/g = $36.71 per gram of 10 KT gold which is 41% gold.

so

$36.71 per gram of 41% gold.

price of 100% (24KT) gold today: $41.69/gram

if you're trying to buy that chain, maybe find a way to email/call/text them and get it for cheaper

http://goldpricez.com/us/10k/gram

The next time you want to buy some jewelry
use this website as a reference for up to minute prices
You can see the current pricing for each different Karat of gold

That’s how I buy my gold
Now this is for scrap pricing But gold is gold The jeweler will tell you otherwise
you can see how much of a markup a.k.a. “the premium” which is the jewelers Profit

The closer the retail price is pre gram to the spot price tells you what store/website is giving you the best deal

Last edited:
On top of scrap price, what would you guys say is a fair range for labor? $10-$15 per gram?

Labor s another way the jewelers screw you
Jewelers shouldn’t pass the labor cost onto the customers but they do

In Higher karate gold and Platinum jewelry the labor price is most times separate then the metal
In lower karat gold of 10 14 & even 18 I believe The labor should be included in the total price of your item per gram
There is no separation of labor and gold

If you want to know the labor cost for each gram the best thing is have the Jeweler minus the metal price and you should get the labor cost.

Labor price that’s up to you and the jeweler no one can really make that assessment

Remember that pic. I always hated the dopeness of that cuff bracelet, so ignant but the concept is crazy. Considering his current state I guess life imitates art.

... it.s 7.6 grams..... you know how small that is? and it's 10 Karat. that means it's 10/24 gold.

$279/7.6g = $36.71/g = $36.71 per gram of 10 KT gold which is 41% gold.

so

$36.71 per gram of 41% gold.

price of 100% (24KT) gold today: $41.69/gram

if you're trying to buy that chain, maybe find a way to email/call/text them and get it for cheaper

Cool thanks guys for all the info and that site. I'm not looking to buy it, but I just saw it. Like is said I'm new to this. I will go back and try to read more from the other pages when I get some time. I'm leaning towards a chain from jumpey2003 on Ebay. Looks like a good price for 14k. I will keep looking since I am still learning about this. Not in a position to buy. Again just researching so thanks

Last edited:
The Tito is a dream that will never be. Unless you want to sell me yours?
Ninjahood & another NTer found the guy who has the mold for that Jesus piece that you found a couple of years ago I think
Here's for all you Jesus lovers. Tried to buy this but the jeweller said only money order but told me make it out to cash. I'm not from NYC so I wanted to pay credit card just in case but he said no. So anyone interested here's your chance to own one
full

Back
Top Bottom