**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Need some assistance. Got quoted 7k for this ring. Good price. Or it can get lower?

Attachments

• AF76C6DC-B363-436F-9FA6-4C3E1C200F4B.jpeg
    AF76C6DC-B363-436F-9FA6-4C3E1C200F4B.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 2EC1A0C7-D073-4A1B-8A3E-F9F0D51A2611.jpeg
    2EC1A0C7-D073-4A1B-8A3E-F9F0D51A2611.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 85
Lmmfao man I been grinding sleeping in the office Totally have been neglecting on personal care smh

Sonny Corinthos post: 31573765 said:
rich4eva rich4eva could slice the hell outta someone's face with those nails . I need to start taking biotin pills

rich4eva rich4eva can't lie, I am surprised that a chauffeur driven man like you will carry your own car keys. I always thought that when you had a driver they would take care of all that and put the keys back on the hook where they got them from after they park your whip.

rich4eva rich4eva can't lie, I am surprised that a chauffeur driven man like you will carry your own car keys. I always thought that when you had a driver they would take care of all that and put the keys back on the hook where they got them from after they park your whip.

those are not the keys to my 62... those are keys to my 57 2dr coupe (custom job not OEM).... correct a driver generally has your keys pretty much at all times

Last edited:
Need some assistance. Got quoted 7k for this ring. Good price. Or it can get lower?
Use this as s guide. This guy helped me out a lot to put it all in perspective.
He also has a video for cushion diamonds (the one you have pictured) to get more views of that style.

Then the price seems about right to me but I'm not an expert, just that I was doing some engagement ring shopping a while back and that price sounds right for the size, color, etc of that ring.
It was posted on their site for $10,800. Went in there and showed pic. He asks, do you remember how much it was on the website, I said no. He says, I can do $7,000 :lol:

I honestly think it would look better without the halo setting.

If you could get something bigger than 1.5CT and no halo I think that would be a better choice unless that’s what she wants.

My boy paid 6k for a ring not as nice as that but he doesn’t know a thing about jewelry.

1. When buying an engagement ring over 1 carat, you should be buying the stone separately from the ring. You should ask if you can use their microscope to see the stone outside of the setting, so you can examine the parts of the stone hidden by the prongs. You should also ask if you can compare it with other loose diamonds of different grades. This should let him know that you are serious about buying, but cautious about buying from him. That might nudge them to drop the price a bit for you, but also do something to subtly let him know that you have a wad of cash ready to drop.

2. That is an EGL graded diamond which is perfectly fine, but since you are well over 1carat you might want to look into the differences between EGL and GIA diamonds. EGL diamonds are not quite up to GIA standards, EGL grading allows several treatments and enhancements to the diamonds that are quite far from acceptable by GIA standards. An example of this would be laser drilling inclusions, then filling the hole with glass. Most people do not worry about it, mostly it does not matter for a decorative stone on a ring, but those who have the funds have the option of quality. Really you have to weigh the best stone vs the best price.

Last edited:
1. When buying an engagement ring over 1 carat, you should be buying the stone separately from the ring. You should ask if you can use their microscope to see the stone outside of the setting, so you can examine the parts of the stone hidden by the prongs. You should also ask if you can compare it with other loose diamonds of different grades. This should let him know that you are serious about buying, but cautious about buying from him. That might nudge them to drop the price a bit for you, but also do something to subtly let him know that you have a wad of cash ready to drop.

2. That is an EGL graded diamond which is perfectly fine, but since you are well over 1carat you might want to look into the differences between EGL and GIA diamonds. EGL diamonds are not quite up to GIA standards, EGL grading allows several treatments and enhancements to the diamonds that are quite far from acceptable by GIA standards. An example of this would be laser drilling inclusions, then filling the hole with glass. Most people do not worry about it, mostly it does not matter for a decorative stone on a ring, but those who have the funds have the option of quality. Really you have to weigh the best stone vs the best price.

so would shopping for a loose diamond and then getting it casted on a ring be a better idea?

so would shopping for a loose diamond and then getting it casted on a ring be a better idea?
Generally yes but the most important thing is to examine the stone without the setting, because the stone is what you are paying for with that $7k, the setting is secondary and most jewellers will throw a basic gold setting in for free with purchase of a diamond. Just get a bigger or better quality stone and a plain setting. You can save the fancy setting for a future anniversary, she will appreciate it much more this way.

Back
Top Bottom