**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Last time I went to Leon’s some 8-9mm chain he was tryna sell me I took it and did the hang strait test, **** looked like a rope how bad it was twisting. He took it and said that doesn’t matter, then stretched it in front of him like he was looking down the sight of a shotgun if that makes sense.

Those w Leon Cubans, does it hang straight? That kinda gave me second thoughts on copping from there due to resale down the line, someone might ***** about that.
Mine don't hang straight. But it looks good when its worn so I didn't really care. My other cuban from Rey's hangs straight 100%

Cuban talk has become a snooze fest. We talk about the same **** over and over :lol:

thats why I was tryna get some different discussion going in here a few pages back..

I acquired in Yangon, Myanmar a few years back, an unheated, untreated, .51ct Burmese ruby from the Mogok mines.. well cut with excellent light performance and exhibiting that highly prized and sought after "Pigeons Blood" hue of ruby.. that deep & bloody, slightly purple tinged, hedonistic red and I honestly have not seen anywhere else, in nature or man, a color like it.. it has a quality all of its own.
I'll have to dig it out of the safety deposit box soon and take a picture for y'all..

anyway this got me thinking..

anyone have any "heirloom" pieces they've always dreamed of acquiring?
**** you will pass down to your kids... give to your wife or special people in your life.. cherish it yourself forever..
things with unusual characteristics or a special provenance ?

I'll go first:
an unheated/untreated blue Sapphire from Sri Lanka.. exhibiting my favorite dark toned, slightly steely greyish tinged w a touch of green, deep rich navy blue hue, well cut with good light performance
a necklace of Akoya Pearls from Japan with that glow.. for that (a) oneee whenever she decide to show up
a Columbian Emerald for a very dear friend, who's a full Taurus.. Emerald being the stone of Venus and Venus being the ruler of Taurus..

will probably have the stones set in rings.. yet Im unsure if I'll actually go ahead and set any of the stones since I'm mortified to think of setting that Ruby for fear something should happen to it..
we will see.

appreciate y'all

anyone got any stonesss?
heirloom pieces?
dreams?

lets just all agree that they've all f*cked up a few times and they've all shined :lol:

cuz it feels like we just going in circles on the same topic :lol:

you right - back to our regularly scheduled topic:

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 11.32.15 AM.png

You know all the Cuban makers get they **** hard when we fight for them. “ Look there they go fighting for me again” and go brag about the ****.

B19E96A1-2A16-4B42-B72A-3067AD968EA8.jpeg

Just picked my custom sleek lock from Limaxi.
Last time I went to Leon’s some 8-9mm chain he was tryna sell me I took it and did the hang strait test, **** looked like a rope how bad it was twisting. He took it and said that doesn’t matter, then stretched it in front of him like he was looking down the sight of a shotgun if that makes sense.

Those w Leon Cubans, does it hang straight? That kinda gave me second thoughts on copping from there due to resale down the line, someone might ***** about that.
I heard anything above 12mm will not hang straight due to link size. My 11.8mm from them hung straight but my 15mm has a slight twist.

illi-mo illi-mo have you gone to a gold refinery with all your scrap?
Naw that was my next stop if this didnt play out. IMO wit Cuban makers refining and charging for labor just to twist the gold, we win by getting all our gold back after a free refining

you order the more traditional flat Daniels links or rounded? I heard he will do the rounded/thicker links if requested
I wasn't even hip..right on

anyone have recommendations for online jewelers selling 4mm or 5mm franco. jacoje never seems to have the length i want.
i looked at saints gold but there's all seem to be underweight. sarrafs is overpriced and i cant make to it to la to look.

thanks

Last edited:
You do realize that Copper, Nickel,& Zinc are all worth $ to call it trash filler I just do not agree. Now I can see why a lot of people on the thread feel this way because with cubans I see a lot of yall like to trade in and go bigger and your not getting your paper back when you traid in. And they take advantage of people who traid in 10k.
this is a website where they sell jewelry, they are called bearclaw so well respected:

MetalContent-990x1307.jpeg

if totally accurate then sum their 10 carat golds are 50% precious metals since silver is a precious metal. IDK where they get these numbers from, it just came up in my google. I Do remember how 10 carat gold looked brown & dull back in the days. the 10 carat gold I bought in 2009 is a lil brighter yellower than that stuff

anyone have recommendations for online jewelers selling 4mm or 5mm. jacoje never seems to have the length i want.
i looked at saints gold but there's all seem to be underweight. sarrafs is overpriced and i cant make to it to la to look.

thanks

Second hand jacoje market is cheap on Ebay :

Back
Top Bottom