**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Originally Posted by reener

TUPAC_DUKE_JERSEY.png

What in the bloody hell is goin on

Originally Posted by likethematrix

if i buy a 14k chain from icee fresh can i return it the next day and get back the full retail price?
jewelry, unless its estate or rare stones dont sell for more than they were purchased.
am i right or wrong?
wrong, remember that raw materials have sky rocketed.

he's probably made his money 3x over just sitting on it.

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

you can get 1:1 replica fake watches for sure..... if you compare them to the original and hold one in each hand there is no comparison in terms of the build quality and materials and weight, like SAjewelry said there is no need to even open up the movement, anyone who is familiar with the real watches can spot the fakes easily...if youve never seen or held the real ones in person then it can be tricky...
it gets tricky though when fakes use actual materials and precious metals

The way I look at it ,when u buying jewelry it cost to be the boss. So if u cant afford a rolex buy a breitling if u cant afford 18k cop 14k and so on and so forth. I mean Y fake it ? Kingtre has a point Y buy a knockoff with a name attached to it.U only want the attention that comes along with that name/brand.Some people actually love treating their self to jewelry and others just want it as a symbol of status.I think thats where this whole argument begins and ends.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

you can get 1:1 replica fake watches for sure..... if you compare them to the original and hold one in each hand there is no comparison in terms of the build quality and materials and weight, like SAjewelry said there is no need to even open up the movement, anyone who is familiar with the real watches can spot the fakes easily...if youve never seen or held the real ones in person then it can be tricky...
it gets tricky though when fakes use actual materials and precious metals
ya i dont know since ive never compared a real one vs fake one in person but I know there are replica rolexs/cartiers/audemars that cost more than $1500 because they use the same material, same everything they break down the real thing and copy it even to the gems of the movement they try to get it perfect as possible but im sure obviously it cant be exact and itd be dumb to drop that much on a replica lol but some of the OG Rolleys that can't be copped no more some people buy these expensive replicas for...

hbw
I had recently a few friends come to me who bought jewelry a long time ago and a few years ago

both ended up getting exactly their money back or more.

1 bought a platinum kanji letter diamond baguette charm(sorta like my old one) and chain and he got back $4,000 over what he paid in 2000

then, another friend copped a gold cuban and just didn't want it anymore and he copped this in 2007 when gold was around $700 an oz and got his money back.

now if Jonas's estate were to melt down all his stuff, he'd def not lose and THERE WAS A LOT OF LABOR MONEY INVOLVED! everyone always thinks there's the weight and that's the cost plain and simple; NO, there's labor for gold, labor for diamond setting, labor for a mold, there's even shipping costs when you buy a wholesale lot of chains from a manufacturer. that's why sometimes, if you're a good customer, I'll just give you the chain for dead cost and make money on the pendant, it all evens out somehow.

Shayan, I remember seeing fake rolex's with 18k real gold and yeh, when you tried to set the time it was a little funny, but then again, a poorly maintained rolex from the late 80's might feel the same way, so you have to open the sides up.... same with Cartier TANK series watches. real gold, but eh

and HBW just shut up please lol. you just wanna argue with someone

I agree if you can't afford it don't fake it. It's really pointless. You can't really get luxury on a bargain. It goes the same for the fake luxury clothes/handbags..You wear the high price #+@# as a status symbol to show that you  can afford it, wearing the knockoffs just shows you're trying to play the part. As a business person, its really a good profits if you can get some replicas wholesale because you can mark up em in your store...Them joints is all over Canal Street for like 50 bucks a piece.

I joined NT cause of this thread  - I read the last couple pages and can believe THIS is where its going

I have posted my chains - a diamond skull, cross and a 24k before and even the story how I was robbed with a Tech 9 for my 340g cuban

Been copping jewelery since the mid 90s fam - Never Fake !!

I just took my stuff off to take this pic -This is what I wear on a daily - if me and ma linki dem wanna be stupid we throw in our chains - but not on a regular - I live in Jamaica and its a hazard

I get soo much compliments from my lil iced out Movado, apparently it was a limited edition.... The pinky was originally rose, and i dipped it so its a lil tingy, those earrings are close to 2 ct. each stone is about 3/4 ct. VVS-1s and my grill is a simple 1-row VVS-1s (wanted the ful wall, but if its not good clarity they looked awefull) with .2 pointers on the fangs

ap8zo2.jpg

BTW - I will be going dummy dumb for ATI in Negril in August so hit me up if anyone is interested

Who owns cool ishh - just post it, and leave all the hoopla for the fake roli wearers

Originally Posted by PHONE CHECK HOMEY

hbw
I had recently a few friends come to me who bought jewelry a long time ago and a few years ago

both ended up getting exactly their money back or more.

1 bought a platinum kanji letter diamond baguette charm(sorta like my old one) and chain and he got back $4,000 over what he paid in 2000

then, another friend copped a gold cuban and just didn't want it anymore and he copped this in 2007 when gold was around $700 an oz and got his money back.

now if Jonas's estate were to melt down all his stuff, he'd def not lose and THERE WAS A LOT OF LABOR MONEY INVOLVED! everyone always thinks there's the weight and that's the cost plain and simple; NO, there's labor for gold, labor for diamond setting, labor for a mold, there's even shipping costs when you buy a wholesale lot of chains from a manufacturer. that's why sometimes, if you're a good customer, I'll just give you the chain for dead cost and make money on the pendant, it all evens out somehow.

Shayan, I remember seeing fake rolex's with 18k real gold and yeh, when you tried to set the time it was a little funny, but then again, a poorly maintained rolex from the late 80's might feel the same way, so you have to open the sides up.... same with Cartier TANK series watches. real gold, but eh

and HBW just shut up please lol. you just wanna argue with someone
you misread what i wrote. or i must have mistyped. idk.
i meant purchase then try to give it right back. 1 day or 1 week even. and non friends. like your average joe schmoe off the street.(no need for the whole we treat everyone the same speech, u know what i mean man)

kinda like how a car loses value right off the lot.

and of course you would come out on top if you purchased any gold before like 2009.

i thought all these things were givens. i keep forgetting in conversating with people who dont like me and not friends who would assume the obvious.

you know i know the jewelry game. im just voicing my opinion on the state of it all.

i used your operation as just a base model for a hypothetical scenario. so no need to boss up bro.

my main point is, if your uncle can make a pendant in silver as on point as one in gold, then what is the point of it?

isnt it the craftsmanship what i should be paying for?

I've been getting a lot of requests for gold nugget rings, bracelets and that old old school gold jewelry, but it's so hard to find because everyone's been melting everything and anything due to the terrible economy
I love melting that nugget paisa crap and i love rolex watches period.....The End-

rakim wrote:

who are these cats lol?

Gino of Paks in Milwaukee. They do alot of customjewelry up here. And he stay putting that flashlight on pieces lol
These are some the pieces they didfor my guy.

Back
Top Bottom