**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

x2_563906f

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Im thinking of going across the border to get a cuban made or buy the gold to be made over here in the states
i'm not trying to be an #$%%%#%, but you know gold is a commodity, right?

Originally Posted by nikegirluk

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

No hate or anything, but why does Floyd feel it necessary to constantly remind everybody about his money? His jewellery (although utterly decadent)speaks volumes...

I read bens post on his mayweather encounter too, sounded like a whole lot of d riding and pretentious antics... How does someone so busy have time to write so many extensive, contradictory posts?!
eyes.gif

Just my opinion

Must be a Korean thing.

Originally Posted by moyopoyo

The Notorious Bum wrote:

Im thinking of going across the border to get a cuban made or buy the gold to be made over here in the states
i'm not trying to be an +%$*++%, but you know gold is a commodity, right?

You do know labor is cheaper down in Mexico right?
And I guess I know some other things you don't, i'll leave it at that.

You do know labor is cheaper down in Mexico right?
And I guess I know some other things you don't, i'll leave it at that.

hey, i put a disclaimer about not trying to be an !!%#%$%. you are intentionally being one with that reply.

i think you're just trying to cover your mistake. in no way did you make it sound like you were going to mexico because of labor costs. if so, you wouldn't mention IMMEDIATELY after to buy the gold there and get it made in the states.

it's hard for me to be stay upset with an ignorant person. here's what i should've said:

even if you did mean it for labor costs, cuban link chains are machine made (99%+ of the time) overseas. the few cuban link chains that are hand made are STILL not made in america (again, 99%+ of the time)...so it doesn't matter as much that labor is cheaper in mexico than the states because it is coming straight from a country like that anyway.

do you travel to mexico often? if you are going there just to get the gold or just to get the chain made, you have to add the travelling/lodging costs to your brand new chain too. most handmade cubans don't even look good btw. if you want to get a nice one you have to have it made by someone that has been doing it for generations with a proven track record for making sick %%* cubans. VERY HARD TO FIND...and if you find that person or shop, they will know what their craftsmanship is worth and charge USA type labor. if it was that easy, everyone would be doing it, and us jewelers would be out of business.

just food for thought. i'm not writing this to get you to reply, i just want to educate you.

Originally Posted by nikegirluk

memphisboi55 wrote:  
No hate or anything, but why does Floyd feel it necessary to constantly remind everybody about his money? His jewellery (although utterly decadent)speaks volumes...

I read bens post on his mayweather encounter too, sounded like a whole lot of d riding and pretentious antics... How does someone so busy have time to write so many extensive, contradictory posts?!
eyes.gif

Just my opinion
To answer this simple question.  Both of them make money from being who they are.  Floyd is worth that much because he's an incredible boxer, but also because he understands the business.  He got himself a gimmick, and stuck with it.  He's the guy that everyone hates.  Dude is in your face with the money so hard that people will pay ASTRONOMICAL figures just to get a chance to see him lose.  So in fact, it's VERY smart for Floyd to act a fool, all of that money splashing shenanigans gets him on tv for things like wrestling (WWE) where he picks up more cheques without really breaking a sweat. 
For Ben's situation.  That blog makes him money.  Dude ain't stupid, there's no way that he'd spend all that time typing that !$#* and posting pics and actually TAKING this pics if he wasn't getting paid.  (plus it's free advertising for his business)  I saw a few months ago, he had sponsors all on the side and banners on the site (advertising money).  Plus when dude starts name dropping products super hard (Supra, Iphone, Platinum) best believe he's not just dropping them cause he likes to spend money on them, I'm pretty sure he's getting paid to do that. 

*shrugs* smart hustle if you ask me. 

Now back to the jewels...

memphisboi55 wrote:
IMG_7666.jpg

The bird call....  $$

Show a lil dollas, and them chickens start cluckin real fast....
laugh.gif

Can you guys make/have made those diamond cut rope chains? Like the one I posted a page or two back that amare stadlewhatever got on.. Thanks.

Originally Posted by python002

Can you guys make/have made those diamond cut rope chains? Like the one I posted a page or two back that amare stadlewhatever got on.. Thanks.

Yep, we've made them before. Those are machine made also, but they look nice. I've got one in the shop right now in silver that we made for someone a while ago. He decided to get something smaller, but I can have one of the girls at the shop send over pictures to you if you'd like? If you're interested, send over an e-mail to [email protected], cool?

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Looks like jaundice

yupp, but made by the guy you dudes jock and jewelers dream to be. I wonder really how much Jacob charged for that 1 of 1 jesus

Back
Top Bottom