The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Actually I put my heel to the back, tied them up properly and the length is no longer an issue. These shoes are comfy! What was the problem with width for you? Too wide?
My left foot is bigger and really wide so the pinky toe was hitting at first. A 9.5 was actually perfect for my left foot but because my right foot is a 9, it was floating in it so I had to settle for a size 9. It's OK now but it had to break in a bit.
This is my dilemma too... I've picked up USA, Banneds and Fine Prints. Told myself the SBs were just okay and I didn't need them, and the more pics I see, the more I want them. I've pretty much came to the conclusion that when I strike out on the OVOs, I'll take the SBs the next week as consolation.
Same issue here. I want to grab some retros but I want every upcoming 31 color too. The Fine Prints have actually grown on me a bit. I still prefer the Banned but the Fine Print is pretty clean and neutral. Too clean IMO, but nonetheless. The guy at my local House of Hoops said they sold "OK" and apparently they still had them last Tuesday.

I have a feeling the Shattered Backboards will sit a little while. It's a bit funky compared to the Banned and it's the 3rd big color in a row. Hopefully in our favor it does.

Last edited:
man I gotta wait til the retro madness of this year ends before I can cop any of these XXX1s

This is my dilemma too... I've picked up USA, Banneds and Fine Prints. Told myself the SBs were just okay and I didn't need them, and the more pics I see, the more I want them. I've pretty much came to the conclusion that when I strike out on the OVOs, I'll take the SBs the next week as consolation.

Get Rio's too. :lol:
Halfway thinking about it. I haven't went this hard on a single shoe since the Lebron 9 and Kobe 7 and I ended up getting rid of all of them because I bought a bunch of pairs not realizing Nike Basketball changed their sizing.

I'm in for at least two more color ways of XXXI, and honestly probably more.

I tried my FP's on and feel like I should've went up .5 in size. I normally fit tts in 11 in most shoes but for some reason my feet feel extra cramped in these, even when I loosened up the laces a bit. :rolleyes

I don't know, either these need more time to break in or I'm gonna have to .5 size up for the next XXX1 I decide to cop.

I tried my FP's on and feel like I should've went up .5 in size. I normally fit tts in 11 in most shoes but for some reason my feet feel extra cramped in these, even when I loosened up the laces a bit. :rolleyes

I don't know, either these need more time to break in or I'm gonna have to .5 size up for the next XXX1 I decide to cop.

I'm in a similar situation. My big toe has less than a half inch of space from the front, and the toe area definitely feels cramped, similar to my melo m11s but not quite as snug. I am hoping these will break in nicely.

The Banned is the best one IMO, the way it pops but still casual. Perfect pattern and goes with every lace too. I'm biased though because it's the closest I'll ever come to fitting in an AJ1.
eek.gif

Last edited:
Halfway thinking about it. I haven't went this hard on a single shoe since the Lebron 9 and Kobe 7 and I ended up getting rid of all of them because I bought a bunch of pairs not realizing Nike Basketball changed their sizing.

I'm in for at least two more color ways of XXXI, and honestly probably more.
Same here.  The last time I bought multiple colorways of the same shoe was the KD6.  I ended up with 5 of those when it was all said and done.  I can see myself getting the USAs and SBs.  But then I will chill!!!  I think.  

The Banned is the best one IMO, the way it pops but still casual. Perfect pattern and goes with every lace too. I'm biased though because it's the closest I'll ever come to fitting in an AJ1. :wow:  

Part of the appeal to me of the XXXI is that it is inspired by the I. I can't wear I's...not wide enough nor cushioned enough.

Part of the appeal to me of the XXXI is that it is inspired by the I. I can't wear I's...not wide enough nor cushioned enough.
Same here, the 1 is very painful to wear. The 31 is nice in its own right of course but I like to imagine it as a modern day version of the 1. I actually hope they continue the theme of re-imagining each Retro with new technology, giving every foot the right to wear a Jordan. It's kind of cool.

Back
Top Bottom