The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

I wish I could see the BT XXXI before I have to make a decision on the shattered backboards. Theoretically, I'd like to pick only one, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up with both. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

This has to be the smartest Jordan release tactic ever since the Retro.

"Let's make shoes based on Retros and release their counterparts at the same time"

lol

This thread would be more interesting if more people chimed in who actually play basketball.

QFT, I have a DS pair of Banned 31's, but havent had the chance too hoop in them because my hooping rotation is a little out of control at the moment. I am still catching up on older models that I've had for a while. Just broke in my 29 lows I got from NDC on clearance last week, and I want to wear my 31's casually a few times before I take them to the court.

In the meantime, I look to everyone elses take. Based on what I think of the 29 and 30, and what people have said about these so far, I am optimistic. I think I'll like these. Probably break them out next weekend.

Grab a pair off NDC next week. Hoop in them. Decide if you like them. If not, use generous NDC return policy and send back.
This

There's also been a handful of posts about what people think about them for hooping, and  it looks like there's more positive then negative  

Last edited:

Yo, they have a counter of all the 31s they are releasing..................which you can also consider as a counter for the Retro OG 1s that will be releasing soon. 
eek.gif
i'm assuming its not direct as the fine prints released without the black/white 1s (that dropped last year i think)

Yo, they have a counter of all the 31s they are releasing..................which you can also consider as a counter for the Retro OG 1s that will be releasing soon.  :wow:
Its really early to tell, but it would appear the counter is only counting models that released with a corresponding Retro 1, as it's only showing the Banneds and Shattered Backboards. Rios, USAs and Fine Prints aren't shown. I guess we'll see what happens when the Black Toe 1s/XXXIs drop.

i'm assuming its not direct as the fine prints released without the black/white 1s (that dropped last year i think)

"Let's make shoes based on Retros and release their counterparts at the same time"

lol
I wonder if they're going to do the same thing with next year's release and the Jordan 2? Underrated shoe in my opinion. 

lol

So true. Pretty well executed too. Kinda like CDP but you don't have to buy both shoes and you can mix and match CWs

I already got the Banned, want the SBB, will most def want Chicagos and Royals too and it will make me super broke.

Taking Nike promo code donations here. lol

Just noticed something. In AJ 1 thread people talk about old, new and upcoming 1's. In this thread they talk about how the AJ 1 may or may not be released with the XXX1. Believe it or not retros are sold as casual shoes now. XXX1 is the latest in tech and a true "performance" shoe and very little is said about it. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Just noticed something. In AJ 1 thread people talk about old, new and upcoming 1's. In this thread they talk about how the AJ 1 may or may not be released with the XXX1. Believe it or not retros are sold as casual shoes now. XXX1 is the latest in tech and a true "performance" shoe and very little is said about it. Just a thought.

The money makers for JB are the retro releases. Has been that way for a long time. The XXXI's retail for $185. Most retros are $190+ and don't have the tech that these do.

The money makers for JB are the retro releases. Has been that way for a long time. The XXXI's retail for $185. Most retros are $190+ and don't have the tech that these do.
So we should continue to talk about retros in this thread instead of XXX1's because JB makes more money and there is less tech? Is that your point?

Back
Top Bottom