The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Personally, I enjoy hooping in Jordan XX8-XX30 and will grab the XXX1. IMO I believe the tech will be just as good and maybe they have just a little bit up their sleeve!

Man y'all tripping. These things are nice. Simple and clean. The only thing I wish was they moved the jumpman to the heel and made it smaller. That would look better and be a nice throwback touch then the jumpman or Nike Air used to be on the heel of sneakers. But overall I'm impressed and think they're dope.

* mike Goldberg voice*
" it is all over "

* ROGAN VOICE*
" OMG JB HAS BEEN FINISHED VIA KO IN THE FIRST ROUND FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 09"

Bring on the retirement speech

Wonder where the wings logo will be placed. BJ bought the legacy another 15-20 years with the concept of incorporating DNA of models I-XX into the line moving forward.

Just an observation. Looks like the xxxi toe has similar tech like the xxx tech? Only difference is maybe JB didn't stop at the toe for the xxxi but pulled it way back to the fading swoosh. Also maybe they using the wear and tear like the lance mountain towards the heel? I don't know. Just throwing things out there.

Last edited:
if there is no cushion in heel , it is easy pass for me...  if it is true information that they are updating retro models then nike is really loosing creativity ...

But do they have air in the heel??? I succumbed to the hype/colorway of the Carolina XXXs and copped after sitting out on the XX9s due to no air in the heel. Couldn't bring myself to wear them so I gave them away to my nephew. If these have heel and forefoot zoom or full length zoom and a lower pricepoint I'll probably cop.

-With both of these points right here. Function over fashion for me. Tried the 29 lows and 30 recently and the cored out hollow heel made these feel worse than the waste of time that is lunarlon. Early posts in this thread said flight plate, so that already as me one foot of the door. Don't understand how for 28 years there is some form of air in the heel and forefoot, and then all of sudden air in the heel is not needed and the shoes are more flimsy that ever, because they are trying to go lighter.

-Really like the look of the of the black cat 30's, the heel pad didn't bother me it was the lack of air cushion in the heel.

Also waiting for the usual suspects who will get a pair for free and do their performance review and say :
-these are the best Jordans ever, just when I thought the 29's or 30's (which they got for free as well) were the best Jordan Brand out did themselves again.

Gave it some time. These are pretty much Zoom KD 1s with a different ankle and a Jumpman logo.

New Air Jordan Sigs don't have that "Damn, what are those?!?" first impressions anymore. Now it's more like "Those look like (Insert another shoe here)"... The Air Jordan line no longer sets the bar design wise. They're still performance beasts tho.

These haven't "wow'd" me yet... I'll have to see more photos.

i really like the fade, the toe and the swoosh. the midsole is okay, reminding me of the 2010 which i love. i am only not liking the obnoxious jumpman. perhaps if it was on the heel, so less contrasting. still too early to judge. i prefer them to 30's already for sure.

Damn the XXXs are way better than these. They need to trash these and try again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom