The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

I remember that :lol:

Just like I remember when the JBC Jordan I's were first posted and how the reactions changed when it became known how unattainable they would be.
10 years?

You seem to be caught up in the hype. If Adidas stopped putting out those colorways in limited amounts most of you dudes would have hopped off a long time ago.

Ultraboost are nice, but NMD's are blah and aren't even that comfortable.

And what Nike is doing with Flyknit is far better than what Adidas is doing with Primeknit.

A lot of you guys are going to be looking at all those Adidas in a couple of years and wonder what were you thinking.

What NEW models has Jordan Brand specifically put out in the last 10 years that have been significant and you could consider classics?

Last edited:
You would rather wear these?

MTM3OTQ2NDgzNTkzMDYyMjUx

Over any Yeezy, yes. Not even a question brother.

What are you guys talking about? The full shoe image is clearly a PS and even not a really good one!
The only part that seems to be authentic is the leather part with the jumpman.

I've never really understood the hype around Jordan 1s though. They feel really terrible on the pavement. I've never owned a pair just because they don't look like they should cost 150. Maybe someone can shed light on this situation for me.
I don't know but the morning I brought my Chis home from the mall I'll never forget. Lifting that paper up after taking the lid off the box was glorious. The smell, the materials, the colors, gd. The price never once crossed my mind. It felt like christmas. 

The cements paled in comparison to that feeling.

That was the morning I fully understood what it meant to own a pair of Js. Been wearing them since OG shadow Xs, but none hit me like those chicagos except maybe the OG concords but still, these were where it all began. The whole process of waiting outside for hours somehow made it more rewarding. I met a good friend that day.

Dope OG 1 hi's aren't usually on the shelf for long. Maybe you're just used to seeing mids...

Last edited:
What are you guys talking about? The full shoe image is clearly a PS and even not a really good one!
The only part that seems to be authentic is the leather part with the jumpman.
Thats one hell of a PS if they managed to keep the reflection of that kid in the glass...

Unless

They photoshopped it, printed it to a poster, put it behind a case, then took a picture to make things look extra legit. 

Anybody who questions the Jordan 1 didn't grow up in that time frame. Simple as that. Beautiful shoe then, beautiful shoe now. Forever a classic.
it was a classic converse look ... nothing special nothing exceptional,except it was the time when hype started about "banned shoes", devil reds... and other marketing crap that they sold you to buy j's...(it is not different nowadays), but the first air jordans that gave us some new look, that was not based on any other shoe and was original ,was the 11's , that is why they are still popular  and people are crazy about them. I really don't like this retroing , at least give us some better tech in terms of comfort and cushion , so the shoes could be playable... i don't need j's to rock off the court ...

Anybody who questions the Jordan 1 didn't grow up in that time frame. Simple as that. Beautiful shoe then, beautiful shoe now. Forever a classic.

i didnt grow up in that time, but I'm not questioning the importance or impact, just in terms of all the jordans and in terms of design, its way down the list for me.

i mean it pretty much FACTUALLY is the least inspired design. i dont think thats even arguable.

Its forever a classic, but u take that air jordan off its nothing special.

the 2 - 15 jordans or not are unique sneakers. Not a copy of an existing model.

i dont want to derail but thats what i think..i know theres plenty cats who disagree.

these new ones are terrible btw.

I was thinking this about the picture that we've seen. And it's just my 2 cents but what IF that picture is one of many in a series showing a progression from the AJ1 to the 31? (Like it's morphing) Perhaps what's pictured isn't the final product. Might be a big "IF", but a possibility nonetheless...

i didnt grow up in that time, but I'm not questioning the importance or impact, just in terms of all the jordans and in terms of design, its way down the list for me.

i mean it pretty much FACTUALLY is the least inspired design. i dont think thats even arguable.

the 2 - 15 jordans or not are unique sneakers. Not a copy of an existing model.

i dont want to derail but thats what i think..i know theres plenty cats who disagree.

these new ones are terrible btw.
This is like when someone says the Beatles aren't that good.

Look at them within the context of 1985. Nike was brand new. All Nikes had a similar style going on with those original early 80s kicks. Air Jordans stuck out because they were sleeker than Dunks and the rest. Plus they were more of a refined design than the Dunks. Which led to legendary color ways. The whole back of the shoe is so sick compared to dunks. You weren't going to get too much of a radical design from Nike back then because they were busy trying to build an identity. Within those parameters the Air Jordan's design was spectacular in a minimalist sense. Its in the lines of the shoe. Everything just flows so well. The way the swoosh appears to burst from the heel, the way the collar looks like it should connect to the heel but doesn't, the two lines wrapping the heel that separate them, the classic stitched sole, the classic nylon/foam tongue with NA at the top, even the dots on the toe. Its the perfect sneaker. It can't be topped.

Last edited:
I was thinking this about the picture that we've seen. And it's just my 2 cents but what IF that picture is one of many in a series showing a progression from the AJ1 to the 31? (Like it's morphing) Perhaps what's pictured isn't the final product. Might be a big "IF", but a possibility nonetheless...

But I'm not experiencing a loss or grief. Just looking at the shoe. It doesn't look finished. So maybe, we aren't seeing a finished product. I'll be the first to call a spade a spade when something is not up to participate with JB's previous standard and this is coming from someone that's 30+. I can't be the only one that is thinking along the same lines.

This is very true. I see the "Fragment" Jordan 1.5s I think they are. They look just like the Air Jordan 1, but the wing section says "Nike" instead of "Air Jordan". Lol I walked in to a store and saw them thinking they were "Fragments". I was thinking "What are these doing here". They weren't a Jordan, so they were sitting.

Lol at all the people saying that Jordan 2010s look better than Yeezys.. I think most Yeezys are fugly but ya'll are true JB fanboys right there-how often do you touch up your Jumpman tattoo?

that's extra. :rolleyes

Hahaha my personal opinion, obviously. I assume some people, few people, actually admire the design. In that case, that's fine, but be honest with yourself. Some actually like them, the rest are Hypebeasts and resellers.

Lol at all the people saying that Jordan 2010s look better than Yeezys.. I think most Yeezys are fugly but ya'll are true JB fanboys right there-how often do you touch up your Jumpman tattoo?

I don't have that many Jordan shoes. Not even a huge fan of most Jordans. Let me put it this way, I would buy and wear "Chef" Currys over any, ANY Yeezy.

Back
Top Bottom