[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by awwsome

lol @ Teyana Taylor being on the album multiple times, wild random.
That and Drake getting a credit on AOTL caught me off guard. Also didn't know the extra background work The-Dream did on the other songs, oh and Amber Rose.
laugh.gif

Broke down listened to the album when I got home tonight. Needless to say, Kanye outdid himself. I'll be buying this when it's out. Fergie didnt even ruin it, as hard as she tried 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! For years, I've been trying to figure why I'm the only person who likes Barry Bonds. DF!!!
Possibly the worst beat I've ever heard 

in All of the Lights, who's are the male vocals that sing the chorus before alicia keys comes in.

is that elton john or charlie wilson?

Originally Posted by Dapper D

What a expensive looking album...

I always wonder how this dude recoups ANY money from album sales. His feature and sample rates must be astronomical...Dude OD's like he has no budget at times.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! ^ What? I like the beat.
laugh.gif
You jigs are wild. DF!!!

Word, I **%@ with barry bonds. 

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Dapper D wrote:

I always wonder how this dude recoups ANY money from album sales. His feature and sample rates must be astronomical...Dude OD's like he has no budget at times. 
laugh.gif

Those tours my dude. Kanye probably has money out the kazzoo from touring, random shows, older albums, and appearances. Yeezy ain't cheap 
laugh.gif

Devil in a New Dress is my favorite track. Its flawless to me. Ross, the guitar, the guitar coming back in as Ross' verse ends. All of it.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by Dapper D

laugh.gif
artist make most of there money from touring and performances 
They don't make much off of albums because they got to pay off all the people that helped make it ,the labels cut ,etc.

Plus remember ye is a producer too so he makes money off that 

Excluding tracks that made the album so far I've got em like this:

1. Looking For Trouble
2. The Joy
3. Christian Dior Denim Flow
4. Don't Look Down
5. Good Friday
6. Chain Heavy
7. Power (Remix)
8. Take One For The Team
9. Don't Stop
10. Lord Lord Lord
11. Runaway Love (Remix)

My self control broke on Friday and copped the explicit.

Simply amazing. That's all I'll say.

I had everything previously except Hell Of A Life, Gorgeous, All of the Lights Interlude, and Blame Game, but thankfully I didn't play them so much that they annoyed me when I heard them, or even memorized the lyrics.

This album is virtually flawless in my opinion.

Like, I don't even know how else to put it.

This may very well take College Dropout's place as my favorite, or at least give it heavy competition.

I'll definitely be copping the deluxe version on the 22nd.
pimp.gif

Nothing is taking College Dropouts place in my opinon. The production on this is amazing. But I just prefer his style back then. I still enjoy the album and accept that CD 'Ye is never coming back.

I've barely played it though. Too busy playing Friday Night Lights
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

how much profit is Ye really makin off touring tho? he said so himself that his tours are expensive as hell

I'm just going to throw it out there but I don't think people really charge Kanye to be on his album they might just get points on the album. Kanye's albums have to make some type of profit.

Originally Posted by jmal519

in All of the Lights, who's are the male vocals that sing the chorus before alicia keys comes in.

is that elton john or charlie wilson?
Near the end? I thought that was Tony Williams.

I admit that I too hold College Dropout in high regard, but truthfully, that's probably due to a mix of nostalgia and the quality of it. The nostalgia being a key component.

And I can't lie, I miss that 'Ye too, but when I think about it, the reason I loved him (pause) was because of how raw he was.

He said what everyone else thought, was witty, crude, and relate-able.

And listening to MBDTF and these G.O.O.D Weekend tracks, all of those elements are still as present as ever. In fact, he's actually BETTER at rapping now than he was then in my opinion.

And Friday Night Lights was a one-play affair at best for me, but that's a subject not really relevant to this particular thread. (
laugh.gif
@ playing it more than this beast of an album though)

This may have been asked already but what image are you guy's using for an unofficial track cover i.e. the G.O.O.D. Friday tracks that aren't featured on the album? Or would you consider the extras bonus tracks for the official & use the same cover?

Back
Top Bottom