[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

This
2010-kanye-west-alternative-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-album-cover.png

and this
kanye-west-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-album-cover-4.png

or the ones 2dopeboyz provides.

This album is amazing.  Kanye consisently pushed the edge of pop music in a way no one has done in a long, long, long time.  I have to see the way the replay value holds up but I tempted to say this is his best album since CD.  While CD is my favorited album because of the personal emotion that comes through on this album, but it can't touch the polish of this.  His magnum opus.

I'm using the artwork the Good Fridays come with and have em like a mixtape. Dudes in here made a bunch of good covers though

The G.O.O.D Friday tracks come with covers don't they?

And

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

This album is amazing.  Kanye consisently pushed the edge of pop music in a way no one has done in a long, long, long time.  I have to see the way the replay value holds up but I tempted to say this is his best album since CD.  While CD is my favorited album because of the personal emotion that comes through on this album, but it can't touch the polish of this.  His magnum opus.
These are my sentiments exactly. This is just so.. undeniably 'Ye.
pimp.gif

Every song on this is a heater, and the production is top notch to say the least.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by jmal519

in All of the Lights, who's are the male vocals that sing the chorus before alicia keys comes in.

is that elton john or charlie wilson?
Near the end? I thought that was Tony Williams.

Where in the song can I hear Elton John then?

I'm just going to end up doing like I did with Teflon Don and making my own version. It will consist of all the GOOD FRIDAY tracks added to the end of the album tracklisting and bonus tracks.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by Dapper D

What a expensive looking album...

I always wonder how this dude recoups ANY money from album sales. His feature and sample rates must be astronomical...Dude OD's like he has no budget at times.
laugh.gif
We already told you smart guy, he doesn't pay for features. Maybe Elton John but who else would have Ye come up to them and have him say "I want you on my album" & they go "Ok how much you paying me for it?" Ye has done a song for everyone on his album except maybe Fergie & Elton John

Originally Posted by Master Zik

in All of the Lights, who's are the male vocals that sing the chorus before alicia keys comes in.

is that elton john or charlie wilson?
Near the end? I thought that was Tony Williams.
Where in the song can I hear Elton John then?
He has some vocals through out the chorus I believe but I always thought his part was right before Fergie's. Correct me if I'm wrong, like is that Cudi then?

I didn't like how the art in the center of the album cover was so tiny so I just cropped a couple of them to make them bigger

here they are if anyone wants

LOL @ thinking Elton John was saying $%#@! (Kid Cudi's part).

"I tried to tell you but all I could say" Elton John.

The other cat is just on the hook, like all the other G.O.O.D Weekend tracks he's featured in.

I made the G.O.O.D. Friday tracks into a mixtape/LP type thing.

Here's my order, I've been messing around with it alot.
This seems to flow the best

d88360c411f30899963442038122792078127ab0_r.png

Production Credits (From Nagra on sohh forums)

All Of The Lights
(K. West, J. Bhasker, M. Jones, W. Trotter)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/Way Above Music (BMI)|Sony ATV Songs LLC (BMI)/Copyright Control
Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop Since 1978
Co-Produced by Jeff Bhasker
Recorded by Andrew Dawson, Anthony Kilhoffer & Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions at Avex Recording Studio, Honolulu, HI & Noah Goldstein at Electric Lady Studios, NYC
Rihanna’s vocals recorded by Marcos Tovar at Westlake Sound Studios, Los Angeles, CA
Mixed by Anthony Kilhoffer at Electric Lady Studios, NYC & Westlake Sound, West Hollywood, CA
Assistant Engineers: Christian Mochizuki, Pete Bischoff & Phil Joly
Keyboards: Jeff Bhasker & Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Piano: Elton John
Brass and Woodwinds: Danny Flam, Tony Gorruso & Ken Lewis
Horn Arrangement: Ken Lewis
Engineered by Brent Kolatalo
Orchestral Arranger & Conductor: Rosie Danvers
Producer: Tommy D.
Trumpets: Mike Lovatt, Simon Finch, Andy Gathercole
French Horns: Tim Anderson, Tom Rumsby, Richard Ashton
Trombone: Mark Frost, Philip Judge
Flute: Chloe Vincent
Violins: Kotono Sato, Jenny Sacha
Viola: Rachel Robson
Cello: Rosie Danvers, Chris “Hitchcock

How can people say this is even close to College Dropout or LR? I'm so confused I guess I just miss the old Kanye. The one that was funny, had lyrics just made you laugh and you knew they were from the soul. Someone you knew wasn't the greatest lyrically, but just had something special about him. Nowadays it just seems like he's trying way too hard. This album isn't even that great in my opinion. Songs lack content at times.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

how much profit is Ye really makin off touring tho? he said so himself that his tours are expensive as hell

I'm just going to throw it out there but I don't think people really charge Kanye to be on his album they might just get points on the album. Kanye's albums have to make some type of profit.

Well.. When Ye was famous for Gold Digger he said he charged a mill a show. He prolly charge less cuz its a recession but I doubt it's that far from that number 

UPDATE: For ya'll callin DIAND perfect yall have no problem talking about absolutely nothing until the last two lines. SMH I know ppl dont gotta be on topic the whole time but jeez felt the song feel in the Bermuda triangle. 

I mean, it IS opinion-based, but how can you listen to "The Joy" (I know it's not on the album) or "Gorgeous"and tell me that Kanye isn't still funny?

What about his recent music doesn't feel straight from the soul?

Son is living out his dreams with these beats, the collabos, the album art. He's doing what he's wanted to do like always, just on a more polished scale.

He's spitting how he feels. Like, what's he supposed to talk about? His mom passing, his loneliness, or failed relationships? That's 808's. The struggles and thoughts of the day to day black man? That's College Dropout, and he can't really talk about what he can't relate to anymore. LR and Graduation were all over the place with subjects.

I personally was hoping for a bit more pro-black, pseudo-enlightening packed album, word to Power, but it's not how he was feeling apparently.

It still sounds straight from the soul to me.

And it seems like he's trying too hard in what aspect? He wants to be the best rapper alive, so of course he'd step it up in his lyrics. It stills sounds like the normal Kanye with all the brashness we've come to expect.

It sounds like you're TRYING to dislike this album, but hey, I could be wrong.

And I mean, at first glance it does seem like the album lacks content, but the album is called, "MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY", so does there really have to be one solid subject matter for the songs?

An open letter by Russell Simmons:
Dear Kanye,

I have early recollections of Damon Dash calling me and forcing me to put you on Def Poetry Jam. I knew your record, "Through The Wire," but I didn't know much more. When you took the stage on Def Poetry Jam that night, and spit those genuine, heartfelt words, I witnessed your specialness that Damon had emphatically told me about.

From that moment on, you became a poet who has inspired the poets. I have proudly watched your career since then, and in case someone has missed the obvious, you are making a historical impact on music. Your life story took a tough turn with the passing of your mother. Although we grieved with you, we never really knew how much pain you were in. We witnessed your moment at the MTV Music Awards and many of us dismissed it as, "oh that is just Kanye being Kanye." The hard part of all of this, is that we have all had moments in our lives that have been challenging, painful and hard to overcome, however most of us just hide our emotions and never deal with that inner-struggle that we face on a daily basis. As an artist, Kanye, you have always looked inside for your inspiration...always exuding emotions that are in us, but that we never expose. That is what artistry is about...to look inside for what is unique. With your journey towards a higher level of consciousness, a journey that we all are on, you have shown through your art a commitment to greatness.

The thirty minute film you most recently made was beyond brilliant. Brilliance is not a word that can even begin to describe your ability to paint vibrant, vivacious, colorful yet muted paintings of poetry, music, costume, art, design and most important, passion. The passion you put into your new album is why I stayed up all those nights in the early 80's trying to get DJs and radio stations to play our records. I knew this day would come. Actually, maybe I didn't know, but I really, really hoped it would. I didn't work this hard when I was your age to watch the culture go the wrong way. And you, my friend, just took us to another level. I am simply in awe.

With this power, as you know, comes great responsibility. I am saying nothing you haven't heard before. When you spoke about President Bush during the Katrina telethon, it was not the particulars of your words that mattered, it was the essence of a feeling of the insensitivity towards our communities that many of us have felt for far too long. It was the image of the President, our President, the President of the United States Of America, peering out the window of an airplane, as the people on the ground were drowning, that hurt us the most. For centuries, our people have relentlessly tread water as hard as they could to stay afloat, and here we were, literally drowning, and it felt like the President was insensitive. There is no need to apologize, Kanye. You spoke from your heart and that is all we will ever ask from you. Don't be afraid of the press, as your art is your blueprint, thanks to Jay-Z, your big brother, we will always carry our destiny in our own hands. You are are an artist whose art is masterful. You are a servant to this world who no matter how hard it gets, keeps on giving. Giving gifts that inspire us, challenge us and motivate us to be better family and friends.

Keep on, Kanye. Keep on. We love you. We cherish you. And we will always have your back.

This album is like a mixture of everything Kanye has done so far

CD + LR + Graduation + 808s = MBDTF

You get that CD feel with his lyrics, subject matter (Dark Fantasy, DIAND)...
A little 808s. (Lost In The World, Blame Game, Runaway etc..)
That LR overdone production
laugh.gif
(POWER, All The Lights)
Then you get that flamboyant Graduation feel (Hell Of A Life, Monster, So Appalled, Gorgeous)

Basically dude spazzed out, and this was the result.

I still wish we could of heard his "Boom/Bap" Good %*% Job album,
but I guess that's what good fridays are for because Watch The Throne is a detox in the making
laugh.gif

I can feel it.

Dear Kanye,

Ihave early recollections of Damon Dash calling me and forcing me to putyou on Def Poetry Jam. I knew your record, "Through The Wire," but Ididn't know much more. When you took the stage on Def Poetry Jam thatnight, and spit those genuine, heartfelt words, I witnessed yourspecialness that Damon had emphatically told me about.

Fromthat moment on, you became a poet who has inspired the poets. I haveproudly watched your career since then, and in case someone has missedthe obvious, you are making a historical impact on music. Your lifestory took a tough turn with the passing of your mother. Although wegrieved with you, we never really knew how much pain you were in. Wewitnessed your moment at the MTV Music Awards and many of us dismissedit as, "oh that is just Kanye being Kanye." The hard part of all ofthis, is that we have all had moments in our lives that have beenchallenging, painful and hard to overcome, however most of us just hideour emotions and never deal with that inner-struggle that we face on adaily basis. As an artist, Kanye, you have always looked inside foryour inspiration...always exuding emotions that are in us, but that wenever expose. That is what artistry is about...to look inside for whatis unique. With your journey towards a higher level of consciousness, ajourney that we all are on, you have shown through your art acommitment to greatness.

Thethirty minute film you most recently made was beyond brilliant.Brilliance is not a word that can even begin to describe your abilityto paint vibrant, vivacious, colorful yet muted paintings of poetry,music, costume, art, design and most important, passion. The passionyou put into your new album is why I stayed up all those nights in theearly 80's trying to get DJs and radio stations to play our records. Iknew this day would come. Actually, maybe I didn't know, but I really,really hoped it would. I didn't work this hard when I was your age towatch the culture go the wrong way. And you, my friend, just took us toanother level. I am simply in awe.

Withthis power, as you know, comes great responsibility. I am sayingnothing you haven't heard before. When you spoke about President Bushduring the Katrina telethon, it was not the particulars of your wordsthat mattered, it was the essence of a feeling of the insensitivitytowards our communities that many of us have felt for far too long. Itwas the image of the President, our President, the President of theUnited States Of America, peering out the window of an airplane, as thepeople on the ground were drowning, that hurt us the most. Forcenturies, our people have relentlessly tread water as hard as theycould to stay afloat, and here we were, literally drowning, and it feltlike the President was insensitive. There is no need to apologize,Kanye. You spoke from your heart and that is all we will ever ask fromyou. Don't be afraid of the press, as your art is your blueprint,thanks to Jay-Z, your big brother, we will always carry our destiny inour own hands. You are are an artist whose art is masterful. You are aservant to this world who no matter how hard it gets, keeps on giving.Giving gifts that inspire us, challenge us and motivate us to be betterfamily and friends.

Keep on, Kanye. Keep on. We love you. We cherish you. And we will always have your back.
Awesome.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

I admit that I too hold College Dropout in high regard, but truthfully, that's probably due to a mix of nostalgia and the quality of it. The nostalgia being a key component.

And I can't lie, I miss that 'Ye too, but when I think about it, the reason I loved him (pause) was because of how raw he was.

He said what everyone else thought, was witty, crude, and relate-able.

And listening to MBDTF and these G.O.O.D Weekend tracks, all of those elements are still as present as ever. In fact, he's actually BETTER at rapping now than he was then in my opinion.

And Friday Night Lights was a one-play affair at best for me, but that's a subject not really relevant to this particular thread. (
laugh.gif
@ playing it more than this beast of an album though)
A much better rapper now, but I think a key component missing from his current music is he was really a rapper for the people. IMO, that's why College Dropout and LR were so great.

In some ways, he still speaks for the people, but before, his ability to relate to the common man was fantastic. Now, he frequently discusses topics (generally, materialistic) that the average person can't relate to or will never be able to relate to. He has lost that part of himself, if you get what I'm saying ...

In some ways, he still speaks for the people, but before, his ability to relate to the common man was fantastic. Now, he frequently discusses topics (generally, materialistic) that the average person can't relate to or will ever be able to relate to. He has lost that part of himself, if you get what I'm saying ...
He cant talk about the same stuff because he's not in the same position.Ye is at a higher position so thats what he's gonna talk about, no matter what he still talks from his soul. He's hasnt lost that part of himself he's just not the common person anymore.

album is fire. kanye is a genius.
G.O.O.D music and roc nation are the future of the game
the line up is nuts

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Dear Kanye,

Ihave early recollections of Damon Dash calling me and forcing me to putyou on Def Poetry Jam. I knew your record, "Through The Wire," but Ididn't know much more. When you took the stage on Def Poetry Jam thatnight, and spit those genuine, heartfelt words, I witnessed yourspecialness that Damon had emphatically told me about.

Fromthat moment on, you became a poet who has inspired the poets. I haveproudly watched your career since then, and in case someone has missedthe obvious, you are making a historical impact on music. Your lifestory took a tough turn with the passing of your mother. Although wegrieved with you, we never really knew how much pain you were in. Wewitnessed your moment at the MTV Music Awards and many of us dismissedit as, "oh that is just Kanye being Kanye." The hard part of all ofthis, is that we have all had moments in our lives that have beenchallenging, painful and hard to overcome, however most of us just hideour emotions and never deal with that inner-struggle that we face on adaily basis. As an artist, Kanye, you have always looked inside foryour inspiration...always exuding emotions that are in us, but that wenever expose. That is what artistry is about...to look inside for whatis unique. With your journey towards a higher level of consciousness, ajourney that we all are on, you have shown through your art acommitment to greatness.

Thethirty minute film you most recently made was beyond brilliant.Brilliance is not a word that can even begin to describe your abilityto paint vibrant, vivacious, colorful yet muted paintings of poetry,music, costume, art, design and most important, passion. The passionyou put into your new album is why I stayed up all those nights in theearly 80's trying to get DJs and radio stations to play our records. Iknew this day would come. Actually, maybe I didn't know, but I really,really hoped it would. I didn't work this hard when I was your age towatch the culture go the wrong way. And you, my friend, just took us toanother level. I am simply in awe.

Withthis power, as you know, comes great responsibility. I am sayingnothing you haven't heard before. When you spoke about President Bushduring the Katrina telethon, it was not the particulars of your wordsthat mattered, it was the essence of a feeling of the insensitivitytowards our communities that many of us have felt for far too long. Itwas the image of the President, our President, the President of theUnited States Of America, peering out the window of an airplane, as thepeople on the ground were drowning, that hurt us the most. Forcenturies, our people have relentlessly tread water as hard as theycould to stay afloat, and here we were, literally drowning, and it feltlike the President was insensitive. There is no need to apologize,Kanye. You spoke from your heart and that is all we will ever ask fromyou. Don't be afraid of the press, as your art is your blueprint,thanks to Jay-Z, your big brother, we will always carry our destiny inour own hands. You are are an artist whose art is masterful. You are aservant to this world who no matter how hard it gets, keeps on giving.Giving gifts that inspire us, challenge us and motivate us to be betterfamily and friends.

Awesome.

Agreed.

I think my favorite part of this album is the blackness.  Really this @%+# is some 2010 Public Enemy @%+#. The darkness of the staccato melodies, the overall brooding mood.  He really as other has said took all the elements he has shown post CD, had combined them into a masterpiece.  While there are maybe 1 or 2 songs that aren't my taste, the overall flow and mood of this album is really indescribable.  It manages to be so raw yet so clean at the same time.  I am a genuine hater and I really never give @%+# full praise. I stayed out of the thread for a while cause i couldn't handle the meatriding over some of what I though were medicore good friday tracks.  I constantly find myself unsatisified with music of today and how stagnant it has become.  There are too many people who try to confine music into niche's and genres instead of just letting it be music.  People like TIME who think music needs to to follow a certain structure to be music.  This album is really the first album I've heard in I can't even remember how long that is just an instant classic.  Classic may even be shorting how legendary this album is...I think 'Ye really needed to have all the lows he did to make this album cause the pain of not only himself but the black people come through on this.  This @%+# is just beautiful music.  With this Kanye enters the pantheon of all-time artists imo, I really can't deny it anymore.  The B.B. King's, the McCartney's, Lennon's, Dylan all those guys.  In a world where we are so often defined but what we are not he broke the mold by embracing what he is.  He took all the labels that people have thrown on him these past years and put into a musical sphere that expressed human emotion in such a profound way.  I really don't get sentimental hearing @%+#, but the first time spinning I imagined my parents must have felt listening to The White Album, What's Going on etc. This is easily the most important Hip-Hop record since The Mideducation of Lauryn Hill.  Kanye, I bow down to you and salture your genius.

Back
Top Bottom