THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

damn that makes them look even more plain than they already are. I didn't even realize they removed the flex point above the toe box. The tongue looks cheaper and no glass/carbon fiber mid plate? This is a step backwards. Glad I don't like them.
Just noticed that myself about the flex points. Been trying to figure out what was throwing it off.

Either we (including myself) spoiled or we all complain to much. When we seen the highs now we want to see the lows, once we seen the lows now we want the flynit lows. Chill people let the em have they're chance they was just great for the Kobe 8. We will see flynit lows in September according to calendar

I think that's a sign of how un-satisfying things have been.

I love the elites, but with them not being as available and in high demand I understand why people are in a hurry to get to the GR lows that they're used to.

Now that we're seeing the em lows, no one feels the designs are worth the price increase and the c/w's haven't been anything special

...so people are looking forward to seeing a flyknit low that is worth the excitement.

If the EM lows dropped in an undoubtedly dope c/w that's available to everyone, everyone wouldn't be begging for more.

I hate the fact that these Savage Sneaker Kids have Effed Up things to the point where EVERY SINGLE RELEASE is a MF'N RAFFLE.  
indifferent.gif

And shame on Footlocker for succumbing to their petty pressure...

cant figure out why im not so hyped for these lows. when pics originally surfaced, it was a must cop. now, meh. if i didnt own so many pairs of 8's i think it would be a different story.

Anyone know where I can get the Kobe Elite Detail in 9 or 9.5? Looking for a friend, but couldn't get them on NDC last week.

Sorry for the potentially dumb question but what is different about the "flex points"?

damn that makes them look even more plain than they already are. I didn't even realize they removed the flex point above the toe box. The tongue looks cheaper and no glass/carbon fiber mid plate? This is a step backwards. Glad I don't like them.

lol how come people aren't more outraged that the flyknit lows aren't supposedly come out until september. Isn't that usually when the news leaks and we start getting pics of the new line? Won't Nike just mess up the release on those if people are eager for the Kobe 10s or vice versa mess up the Kobe 10 launch cause the 9 flyknit lows are so fire?

Sorry for the potentially dumb question but what is different about the "flex points"?

Not a dumb question. If you look at the 8s right between the first and second eyelets starting at the toebox...that's the flex point....basically makes it more a natural movement...I am a bit disappointed that they don't have it on the IXs but they also didn't have it on the IV or Vs and I loved those to death on the court....we will just have to wait and see how these perform overall

Yeah, I agree it's a hassle. But it'll be better than waiting 5 days to receive it in the mail.
NAH, bruh.
grin.gif

You're chilling for a FEW DAYS and then get a shipment to you at your front door. Don't get no better than that as long as the shipping isn't major. 

Who cares if you have the shoe on Release Date or not... nobody's gonna give a Eff.

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/c/2014-03/kobe-9-em

KOBE 9 EM

$160

LAUNCH: SATURDAY, MARCH 29, 2014 - 8:00 AM EDT

University Gold/Black-Laser Crimson

646701-700

Limit 1 per customer

You’ve seen the high-profile Kobe 9 Elite, now meet the low-profile Kobe 9 EM. This shoe’s Engineered Mesh upper provides lightweight ventilation to keep you cool, and an interior lining made of contouring mesh to provides a snug, comfortable fit. All this sits atop a Lunarlon midsole that delivers an ultra-soft, responsive ride. A vibrant yellow and crimson colorway accentuates the streamlined silhouette of this low-profile Kobe.

View media item 876272

View media item 876273

View media item 876274

View media item 876275

sick looking shoes

Details came in and they are super nice.... making me fiend for more elites.....

in on lows saturday

NAH, bruh.
grin.gif

You're chilling for a FEW DAYS and then get a shipment to you at your front door. Don't get no better than that as long as the shipping isn't major. 

Who cares if you have the shoe on Release Date or not... nobody's gonna give a Eff.
I get what you're saying. I just like to have my shoes in hand if its readily available.  I don't care if anyone knows if I have my shoes on rd or not.. I'm not trying to gloat. 

Last edited:
Been finding Inspirations at retail in my size pretty consistently...you guys think the same will happen to the Details or am I just getting my hopes up? Been considering waiting it out until the hype dies down a bit...but not sure if it will or not.

The gold lows look good... and I'm sure they will perform well.  The flywire integration in the 9 lows would have made the 8 a better shoe IMO.  Since the EM/fuse softens up and gives a bit over time, the flywire would seem to help lock in the foot longer term.  This is really the only major selling point for me though... The traction on the 9 is great, but I don't know that overall the shoe will be a drastic improvement over the 8. 

Gonna have to hold out.  Hope all those who are after these will come up with them Saturday

Back
Top Bottom