THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Bad lighting, but had to put yellow laces to give it that Laker/stock photo look
Nice Rack. 
laugh.gif

Feeling these Showtimes but not about to drop the 225 on them. I'm feeling them a little more than the Gold. Damn. I might be coming off the Gold Elite train. See how it goes in the coming months.

Well I balled alittle going a half size down and it felt good but I was kinda hitting the end of the shoe hard at times. Not sure how I feel about em but I half sized down and topl the pics of the insoles. 12.5 kb9 and 13 kb8

View media item 914444

Just realized that since the Easters drop on Friday I won't be able to use my vip rewards that I accumulated from today smh

Well I balled alittle going a half size down and it felt good but I was kinda hitting the end of the shoe hard at times. Not sure how I feel about em but I half sized down and topl the pics of the insoles. 12.5 kb9 and 13 kb8

Do you still recommend half size down or need a little more time to decide?

For some weird reason.. i dont even feel the extra dead space on the toebox anymore

I thought it'll get worse when the flyknit loosens up a bit but it's quite the opposite for me ... hmmmm

For some weird reason.. i dont even feel the extra dead space on the toebox anymore

I thought it'll get worse when the flyknit loosens up a bit but it's quite the opposite for me ... hmmmm
I actually feel the same way about my TTS Sz 13 Details. By the 2nd wear they felt great and I can't really explain it either.

Sz 12.5 wasn't available in those, but it was available in the Showtimes, so I was unsure what to do but decided to go TTS again. I do wonder if going a half size down would make them an even better shoe to play in though.

i don't think jamming your toe at the toebox is a good idea when you play in these. I understand some people like a snug fit, but jamming the toe to the end and call them TTS is another. you should always leave some room at the toe box to prevent toe injuries. that's why when earlier I bought the sz10.5 I was expecting some toe room when people kept saying they run big. ended up buying a sz11 locally for $15 more after tax vs $245 at FTL w/ tax.

Last edited:
I actually feel the same way about my TTS Sz 13 Details. By the 2nd wear they felt great and I can't really explain it either.

Sz 12.5 wasn't available in those, but it was available in the Showtimes, so I was unsure what to do but decided to go TTS again. I do wonder if going a half size down would make them an even better shoe to play in though.

The extra space wasn't that a big of a deal for me. It wasn't to the point where it's bothering me while i'm playing. I only noticed it probably about 3x on a 2-3 hours bball session

but just like i said, i don't even feel it anymore so im happy.

Deadspace in the kb 9 isn't an issue really because of the lockdown + traction. If Lebron XIs had that same deadspace, he might actually wear his shoe more. Right now he wears it about as much on court as kobe wears his on court.

Deadspace in the kb 9 isn't an issue really because of the lockdown + traction.
You're right.

The dead space is only noticeable when you first put them on and you're feeling them out.

Play in them and soon enough you don't notice it at all.

Combine that with the fact that hitting your toes on the end of the shoe whilst playing is a no-no and I'm happy with the fact I stayed TTS.

Still will be interested to hear what others who did go a half size down have to say though.

Put some Purple laces in, not the 72 inch but worked out just fine and long enough. I think it looks much better, but that yin yang look honestly was not bad in person either. 
View media item 913919
View media item 913920
View media item 913946

View media item 913949

View media item 913911

View media item 913912

View media item 913913

View media item 913914

View media item 913915
Love these things and Purple lace swaps #ftw imo

Damn that lace swap makes me regret not pulling the trigger when I had them in my cart

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom