THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I used ndc as an example. Good luck finding these at retail ANYWHERE past the morning of Feb 8th. Not all first CWs of sigs sellout either. There are still SP KD6s still in stores. KPs didn't sellout either. Not even on ndc.

The kd6 preheat was the rollout c/w not the seat pleasant.

And if the masterpiece releases in the same numbers as the kings pride or even the seat pleasant, there is no reason to believe they will move quickly.

The kd6 preheat was the rollout c/w not the seat pleasant.

And if the masterpiece releases in the same numbers as the kings pride or even the seat pleasant, there is no reason to believe they will move quickly.

If they release in quantities of the XX8 however they most likely will.

Don't know what y'all are going back and forth about. The Xmas kobe is usually the first colorway to drop and they always sell out. After that, joints sit for the most part. The sales of the initial drop mean nothing

If you ask me this is one of the sickest designs Nike has made for Kobe YET!! and they look like they come with alot of ankle support which shoes seem to lack now days..

They won't be. Its already known the masterpiece will be limited.

So if it's not enough produced to go around of course it's going to seem like there's a demand.

We all know how many Kobe fans are out there ready to buy anything associated with the man's name, if there isn't enough to feed at least them alone, of course we're gonna hear some cries on release day.

But does that mean anything at all?

My post was simple to understand. For all the hate this shoe is getting, they will still sell out day 1 and the hype will begin. All the 9 elites will be limited. For a shoe that's supposedly disliked they shouldn't sell out because who will buy a "ugly boxing shoe that can't be worn casually" above retail? If they won't sell at retail there won't be a resell market for them right.

Last edited:
My post was simple to understand. For all the hate this shoe is getting, they will still sell out day 1 and the hype will begin. All the 9 elites will be limited. For a shoe that's supposedly disliked they shouldn't sell out because who will buy a "ugly boxing shoe that can't be worn casually" above retail? If they won't sell at retail there won't be a resell market for them right.

Something like this is said every year buddy.

I don't understand your position. What do you disagree with? That the 9 will sellout? If you think the 9 elites will be sitting online or in store at retail then I think your wrong. Not sure what your getting at.

I don't understand your position. What do you disagree with? That the 9 will sellout? If you think the 9 elites will be sitting online or in store at retail then I think your wrong. Not sure what your getting at.

Limited shoes will sell out because they're limited. It takes less people to buy for the stock to run out. Happens every year with the first drop (which is usually the Xmas color way). What you're saying happens every year and is nothing new, that's where I'm getting at.

If the shoe is in fact limited, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you about it selling out quickly. 

But that sell out doesn't always mean that there is "hype."

Limited sigs always fly off shelves but when there's no buzz, resellers will be begging for $50 over retail.

All the negative talk about the 9 is funny. Yeah ok, let's see how many pairs will still be on ndc come the afternoon of Feb 8th. Once the Masterpiece sells out that morning people will start to panic and scrabble for pairs and the madness will begin. You'll then have folks saying how "they look better in person" blah blah blah.
That's basically what I said in my first post. People dislike them now but once the masterpiece sells out they will be sought after. There's a lot of things said on these forums that aren't new and repeated all the time champ. If that's your gripe with my post why didn't you just say that to begin with? blastercombo blastercombo

Last edited:
If the shoe is in fact limited, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you about it selling out quickly. 

But that sell out doesn't always mean that there is "hype."

Limited sigs always fly off shelves but when there's no buzz, resellers will be begging for $50 over retail.
I understand that but you obviously didn't comprehend my original post. It was directed at the people who say all they hear is hate for the shoe. It was meant to be taken in a joking manner. Hence the ndc reference. Your right about a shoe selling out doesn't mean hype but I'm stating my opinion of what I believe will happen. You disagree and that's cool.

Last edited:
The 9 reminds me of the bb charge (under armour)
Bingo, he goes from low tops for 5 years, to insane thigh highs.  Kind of odd.  Who knows how that FlyKnit material will hold up durability wise.  Not a fan so far, will wait to see the low top versions.  Those I'd be interested in ... shame we probably won't get to see Kobe play in these this season.  And dude is rapidly approaching the end of the tunnel for his career.

View media item 709326 I ordered mine on Friday and it came today. Once again NDCs photo isn't how it actually looks. The body color is the same as the hood. Front and back. I like it better how it actually looks though. I'll post pics when I get back home tomorrow. Merry Christmas NT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom