THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
How'd you like the 8's?

Wonderful shoe except for the lunar. Broke down way too fast IMO. The EM seemed to stretch more than I wanted as well and I found myself having to lace tighter as I wore them.

5s and 6s still reign supreme as far as the KB line goes.

Looking forward to see how the lunar has changed on the 9. If it's the exact same, I can't see myself liking these that much.

6's are may fav of the line for performance with the 8's coming second

And 7's are my fav aesthetically

Lunar is good and all just sucks that it has a lifespan

How'd you like the 8's?

Wonderful shoe except for the lunar. Broke down way too fast IMO. The EM seemed to stretch more than I wanted as well and I found myself having to lace tighter as I wore them.

5s and 6s still reign supreme as far as the KB line goes.

Looking forward to see how the lunar has changed on the 9. If it's the exact same, I can't see myself liking these that much.

the 6 :smokin GOAT

8's were awesome....... Except when the CF cracks :x

V's were goat and that's not even debatable lol

Last edited:
i unfortunately only have 4 pairs of the 6's (3 IDs, 1 china)

the 8's are up there though. if they were zoom, they would surpass the 6's. too bad nike is cheap :smh:

I just wish that since these are the "elite" version they had zoom inserts like the elite 8s did. That was one of the major things where I was like "really...?"

I get that flyknit isn't cheap (right now just because the nature of the business) but zoom and lunar have been around for years so you could of gave us the COMPLETE package for the masterpiece.

Again, if lunar is refined at the rate fuse was I may be on board...

I just feel like lunar was perfect when trying to go "lower" and "lighter" but since that is out of the window now lets get a beast cushioning system.

ALTHOUGH it seems quite a bit of people DID like it...so maybe were in the minority because were shoe nerds and actually know stuff like that exists and is different per shoe.

I wore the **** out of my 4s, durability wasn't an issue for sure. Once that lunar bottomed out I felt like crap after hooping but that probably had more to do with the fact that I was hooping outdoors at that time.

Kobe V really is the GOAT though...

Last edited:
Honestly to me, Its exaggerated how bad the cushioning the Kobe IV could get. I think it just felt bad compared to have great the Lunar Foam felt when you first put them on

Even when the Kobe IV "bottomed out", its cushioning was only slightly worse than the dime bag size cushioning in the Kobe V.

The V was good but I don't think it's my favorite from the line. The first practice I used the V's I slipped all over the place, the traction took many wears to break in. My personal favorite is the I's. Perfect traction and cushioning.

Call me crazy but preferred the 6s now the 8s are creeping up on the list actually may like them even better as they break in more. Only thing didn't like about the 6 was traction and the plastic upper but as the tech has advanced I almost prefer a fuse upper to old premiums anymore... Another unpopular opinion I know but the shoe just seems to hold it's shape longer for me... YMMV. 6s were a perfect fit for my foot so they just felt great right out of the box.

The 6s were a little raised in the heel and I had slippage at first until I broke them in completely, but after that it was insane.

2s could of been the goats if it wasn't for the firm heel collar digging into my Achilles. The strength version were court monsters and WAY ahead of their time. Having that plush collar was an absolute gem.

Back
Top Bottom