THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
my bad, man. Thought I quoted the link too.

Dark Steel got ya
smokin.gif

I was surprised how short the laces were on these...most of the spare laces I have are 54"+ and that's too long for the Lows.

Last edited:
Those China's moved super quick on kicks-crew. I told myself I'm taking a little break from buying shoes for the rest of July so I passed. I guess if they don't release in the US I can ID a pair that's basically identical. Sometimes you have to pass on something even if it ends up being a good deal.

Those China's moved super quick on kicks-crew. I told myself I'm taking a little break from buying shoes for the rest of July so I passed. I guess if they don't release in the US I can ID a pair that's basically identical. Sometimes you have to pass on something even if it ends up being a good deal.

I wouldn't sweat it, there are bigger fish to fry.

Was the same pair. Only difference was the lace lock, and there's were something like 100 pairs with a special box. Kobe had PEs that were lighter grey.

Sparks aren't even that nice IMO, people only go crazy for em because they can't get em, and they go for stupid $$.
+1

Sparks are nice... but not that nice.

Nike played out the clear sole. I try to stay away from it myself. Although, they got me with the LeBron King's Crown. I still think a solid black sole would've been better though. Plus, even new pairs of them had stains and discoloration out of the box. :smh:

Speaking of Nike playing out stuff. GITD was played out after the galaxy trend. Yet a decent amount of people still go gaga for them.

Speaking of Nike playing out stuff. GITD was played out after the galaxy trend. Yet a decent amount of people still go gaga for them.

That's why they keep milking it. I couldn't care less about GITD. I'm not impressed with that either. Give me a nice solid colored sole that compliments the shoe well and looks good for many years to come. Don't give me a "gimmick" sole.

Sorry for back to back posting not trying to flood the thread but imo half sizing down would be a terrible mistake. These are exactly like the 8's length wise and are pretty snug. I can hardly wait to test them on the court. Everyones foot is different but this is my take on the sizing of the 9.

The only complaint I have had with the 9's is that they haven't fit me size wise as well as I would like.

Highs- TTS or .5 down                             - I pull laces from the very bottom and work my way to top to make them snug at all. Run a tad bit long. Still very comfortable though.

Low EM- TTS or could half size down     - They are snug with a little extra length. They also seem a little wide. When tied tight its great. Ive had some great games in these.

Low FK- TTS or .5 up                               -. These fit me the best in length and width. Have not played ball in them yet. Wide footers def half size up.

Sorry for back to back posting not trying to flood the thread but imo half sizing down would be a terrible mistake. These are exactly like the 8's length wise and are pretty snug. I can hardly wait to test them on the court. Everyones foot is different but this is my take on the sizing of the 9.

The only complaint I have had with the 9's is that they haven't fit me size wise as well as I would like.

Highs- TTS or .5 down                             - I pull laces from the very bottom and work my way to top to make them snug at all. Run a tad bit long. Still very comfortable though.
Low EM- TTS or could half size down     - They are snug with a little extra length. They also seem a little wide. When tied tight its great. Ive had some great games in these.
Low FK- TTS or .5 up                               -. These fit me the best in length and width. Have not played ball in them yet. Wide footers def half size up.

So what did you prefer in the highs for yourself, true to size or a half size down???

Just got my pair in, def too tight tts. My pinkie toe is crushed a la jordan xi's. The length on toe box is ok but really narrow. My foot is wide but nothing out of the ordinary.

Edit: the highs were tts for me

Last edited:
So what did you prefer in the highs for yourself, true to size or a half size down???
I stuck tts in the highs. I tried goin down a half size and it worked out ok but not great. My foot fit the natural shape of the lunarlon a lot better and it just was a little more comfortable. Half size down I could ball in a little better but it would hurt my feet after awhile. The extra room isn't ideal but I have found if you start pulling tight from the very bottom you can make the shoe feel snug and it will give you better lockdown.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I stayed size 13 ( TTS) in all models of the 9's.

Last edited:
Happy belated bro. So glad I was able to cop easily in-store.
Appreciate it man. Im right there with ya,  I just picked it up about an hour ago. Its funny me and my girl got a tradition and if everything in the tradition works the shoes are there. It never fails. It starts with getting a certain spot in a very packed parking garage lol. Not a superstitious man but its more for fun and its never failed lol.

Sparks are overrated and many here had a chance to cop at a little over retail and passed. The overblown love for them came later when people realized they wouldn't be dropping in the US.

I stuck tts in the highs. I tried goin down a half size and it worked out ok but not great. My foot fit the natural shape of the lunarlon a lot better and it just was a little more comfortable. Half size down I could ball in a little better but it would hurt my feet after awhile. The extra room isn't ideal but I have found if you start pulling tight from the very bottom you can make the shoe feel snug and it will give you better lockdown.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I stayed size 13 ( TTS) in all models of the 9's.

Well, I'm glad you found out what worked best for you. I had too much excess room in the high so I went .5 down. The FK lows I was able to stay with my true size.

Back
Top Bottom