THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Basically unless you have concrete numbers for usage and purpose or sneakers, this argument won't be anything more than some justified and mostly speculative opinions...

Melo models his shoe on court for 10 years straight and still can't make them pop.

But everything celebs wear casually flies off the shelves.

That doesn't mean anything?

The only time Melo has been associated with a sellout I can remember was the retro 2s in the Denver CW. I'm sure their are other Jordan releases that was Melo inspired that sold out. His sig has never been a big seller.

With only 5 CWs, if Nike uses the elite as the theme shoe as in Easter ect. No telling how hard getting these could be. I wonder if their gonna roll out all the Elites before we see the lows or mids or spread them out. Very little info on this shoe with only 4 weeks left before they drop.

I'm choosing to pay zero attention to the word elite on this particular shoe lol.

I think they're just throwing it on there because the sig is being rolled out so late in the season.

The Kobe 8 had what? 40 c/w's?

If we're only getting 5 high c/w's then it would be hard to imagine them not flooding the market with low/mids.

The vii's had their supreme colorways which came with the useless ankle strap. However they spread those out will be my guess to how the 9's will be

No doubt we're gonna see a lot of lows/mids. The "elite" IMO are a experimental shoe. From the height, price and the fact it's the first basketball shoe with flyknit. It's obviously a tech beast. This shoe has the potential to become a classic when looked back at in a few years.

Man, there's More People that Buy for purely Hooping than you'd actually think.

And there's More People that Buy for Casual Wear than you'd actually think.

The END. 
nthat.gif

Now, where in the heezy are Pics of the LOW TOP 9's...??? ...The High's still just aren't my taste.

The High 9's are almost like a "Tip-Drill"...The Body is Dope, but she's Turrible from the Neck Up. LOL

Man, there's More People that Buy for purely Hooping than you'd actually think.

And there's More People that Buy for Casual Wear than you'd actually think.

The END. 
nthat.gif
Thank you!

I buy purely for hooping, but I definitely get that folks will enjoy them casually as well and at the end of the day, it's their cash.

But are you guys gonna take them to the court at least once?? 
frown.gif

i know KD's shoes are ugly and made of plastic but MELO is outselling him? 
roll.gif
roll.gif

when kd has a wall all to himself and melo shoes are always on the bottom row of the jordan section 

^^^

I've Hooped on Outdoor Courts & Jogged for a Couple Miles in the Park, multiple times with my "Easter" Kobe 8's.

BUT. My Fades, VB's (sold), Supernaturals, and Sulfurs WILL NEVER See Physical Activity. Casual Only... I Love Them Too Much. 
nthat.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

when kd has a wall all to himself and melo shoes are always on the bottom row of the jordan section 
You do realize those are 2012 Numbers... reflective of the KD V's, which were incredibly lackluster after the KD IV's.

That's definitely not the case for 2013 & th KD VI, by any means.

It's all about where your at. My shoes haven't seen a court in 10 years lol. My basketball days are long gone. My first thought when I saw these was black jeans, black tee, black motorcycle leather jacket. To match my helmet and Ninja. Think Kill Bill in all black with these on.

Last edited:
i bet you these people can justify somehow, some way, that it's acceptable to wear soccer (indoor) shoes with an outfit too :smh:

no.

roll.gif
roll.gif

You do realize those are 2012 Numbers... reflective of the KD V's, which were incredibly lackluster after the KD IV's.

That's definitely not the case for 2013 & th KD VI, by any means.
true but last years kds > this years when it comes to comfort and looks (imo)

and i only ball in lowtops

wonder what this years numbers will look like, guessing both kd and kobe will be way ahead of melo

i bet you these people can justify somehow, some way, that it's acceptable to wear soccer (indoor) shoes with an outfit too :smh:

no.
You say acceptable like its a rule basketball shoes can't be worn casually. Some people don't have a fashionable bone in their body. What's funny is my non basketball shoes and attire would probably put most to shame. I can make basketball shoes look good casually. You obviously can not. Chuck Taylor's look so bad worn off court to you too right? Smh

Last edited:
regarding the 5 cw hightop thing, did they say the cws would be limited or will it be like back in the day where there were at most 5 cws of OG jordans that came out but in mass quantities 

regarding the 5 cw hightop thing, did they say the cws would be limited or will it be like back in the day where there were at most 5 cws of OG jordans that came out but in mass quantities 
JM I believe said all the highs will indeed be limited. Nike has said themselves the Masterpiece is limited.

well that sucks

i dont mind nike coming out with cws that are limited but to make an entire signature performance shoe limited is pretty dumb

maybe they will have the hightops on nike ID 
ohwell.gif

well that sucks

i dont mind nike coming out with cws that are limited but to make an entire signature performance shoe limited is pretty dumb

maybe they will have the hightops on nike ID :\
What would retail be for an flyknit Id? I'm thinking 300 :x

I wish Nike would just put a million pairs in the streets and let us have at em. I think because the shoe has a unique look they wanna rely on the hype generated by the lack of availability to make sure these sellout. Nike ID would make up for this though. Allow the beast to eat up the in store releases but still give people the chance to get a pair if they choose though ID.

I wish Nike would just put a million pairs in the streets and let us have at em. I think because the shoe has a unique look they wanna rely on the hype generated by the lack of availability to make sure these sellout. Nike ID would make up for this though. Allow the beast to eat up the in store releases but still give people the chance to get a pair if they choose though ID.
I like ID........../ but that damn 1 month wait period is a no go. By the end of that I don't even want them anymore. The prices doesn't help either

I've come to the conclusion

these are unflippable casually, thought they would have a Air Mag appeal, but the tongue/ankle cut on these is too wild for jeans.

Beautiful court shoe though. Im sure the lows will have way more casual appeal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom