THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
That is true...

Do you have the link to a report of the worldwide sales?

It would be interesting to see if Kobe did make up that $250m difference in global sales.

Although I imagine Lebron made a killing outside the US as well, especially considering that tour in Asia he went on after winning his first ring.

I don't know any numbers and when I said Kobe does the best globally, i should have said internationally.

I don't know if his international numbers cover the ground lost in the US but it's certainly more than lebrons international number.

You also have to look at availability. There are a ton of retailers that only carry Lebron and Durants but not Kobe's. Nike has been pretty selective on who carries kobes

Worldwide sales, I am not sure Kobe could make up that extra $250m sales Lebron has done in the US, you also have to keep in mind that Lebron is also big outside the US and he is also selling very well. He also does an Asian tour iirc, maybe not as big as Kobe but he does travel all around the world. Back to back NBA chips, MVP and Olympic gold says a lot and he also benefited plenty from the Olympics attention.

Outside the US though, Lebron is definitely not the favorite. In fact his international jersey sales were beaten by Kobe and Rose last season (in the US, Lebron is on top with Kobe on second so far this season). Kobe might simply be a bigger global brand than Lebron at this point but Lebron shouldn't be that far along so even if Kobe outsells Lebron in shoes, I do not think Lebron would be too far behind, at least not as wide of a margin in the US.

It would be interesting to see those numbers for sure though.

Speaking of which, I am really surprised Rose is right there on top 3 jerseys considering he hasn't played much in 3 years? While I do not see him topping Lebron or Kobe in shoe sales, maybe in jersey sales he can beat them if he actually were to play?

By the way, what's with even bringing up the "Inner-City" Thing...? To keep it real, MOST Inner-City Kids don't have the Money to delegate shoes for Performance and Casual Wear..... that's only for the PRIVILEDGED. 75% of the Time, an Inner-City Kids' Sneakers are used Seamlessly BOTH Casually & for Physical Activity... because they don't have the money to buy for both. 

This rubbed me the wrong way too. And the shoes being used for both comment still applies to me to this very day :lol:

I may try not to scuff them on the court, but outside of that I just look at sneakers as being meant to be worn. I'm not going to force myself to only do that in certain settings if I know I can wear them well anywhere.

My area must be unique. I live in PG county MD. It's the richest black county in the United States. That's a fact and can be googled. I could drive anyone around on a release day and nothing's going for BBall only or first. I can take you to any court on a summer day and 95% are rocking something they bought for casual wear. That's the reality here. It's been this way since the mid/late 90s.

Rich black county? What does that even mean?

Again, you are comparing release day sneakers to the rest of the shoes available on the market. Of course kids are buying retros for casual purposes MORE than performance reasons because they're limited and feel like they can't play in them. You have it backwards though, the shoes dudes are balling in (that you call casual) ARE their basketball shoes...

Rich black county? What does that even mean?

Again, you are comparing release day sneakers to the rest of the shoes available on the market. Of course kids are buying retros for casual purposes MORE than performance reasons because they're limited and feel like they can't play in them. You have it backwards though, the shoes dudes are balling in (that you call casual) ARE their basketball shoes...
I'm the one that STARTED the conversation to begin with. My point from jump was the shoes people go nuts over aren't being bought for basketball. No one here is going to buy the Kobe 9 with basketball in mind. After they've been worn out casually then they'll hit the court. Why can't you get that around your head? Don't try to tell me what I meant. The rich black county comment was in response to dudes breakdown of inner city. IN MY COUNTY NOT HAVING MONEY ISNT THE ISSUE. WE DONT BUY SHOES WITH THE PURPOSE OF BALLING PERIOD. Why do insist on making an argument with me? It's funny how people have run with a simple comment and read into what they wanted. It wasn't about global or anything from jump. Stop co signing and READ.

That's in your small city. In your opinion, because maybe you don't play much basketball and aren't exposed to that culture.

There a TONS of people across the country who will be buying these for basketball purposes, PERIOD. There's tons buying them for casual purposes, but way more for basketball specifically than your DC ballers.

That's in your small city. In your opinion, because maybe you don't play much basketball and aren't exposed to that culture.

There a TONS of people across the country who will be buying these for basketball purposes, PERIOD. There's tons buying them for casual purposes, but way more for basketball specifically than your DC ballers.

How do you give definites of who's buying what? You guys have been going on and on about opinions as if they are facts.

You're just repeating the same things over and over.

I'm the one that STARTED the conversation to begin with. My point from jump was the shoes people go nuts over aren't being bought for basketball. No one here is going to buy the Kobe 9 with basketball in mind. After they've been worn out casually then they'll hit the court. Why can't you get that around your head? Don't try to tell me what I meant. The rich black county comment was in response to dudes breakdown of inner city. IN MY COUNTY NOT HAVING MONEY ISNT THE ISSUE. WE DONT BUY SHOES WITH THE PURPOSE OF BALLING PERIOD. Why do insist on making an argument with me? It's funny how people have run with a simple comment and read into what they wanted. It wasn't about global or anything from jump. Stop co signing and READ.
roll.gif

just stop. i live right off of georgia ave, stop spreading these lies

You may be right. I still don't think the majority of 225$ Kobe 9s being made in limited numbers and only 5 CWs will be used more for balling by the general public than just to wear casually. I don't think you realize how many people buy basketball shoes in America that don't play basketball. I'll bet any amount of money the Kobe prelude pack isn't being snatched up by ballers or the Jordan 1s for example. If the elite 9 isn't widely available neither will these. More and more non ballers are buying shoes these days.

blastercombo blastercombo your the ultimate troll dude. If you live on this side then you know what bamma means. I'm sure your one by your comments. Your the guy who couldn't get the shoes all your classmates had and your a bitter hater. You can't go anywhere in this area without seeing basketball shoes being worn casually everywhere you go. Btw if your really from there, I find it disturbing you took no issue with the inner city comment.

Last edited:
I'm stating facts.

So when you go in to any high school in america, the people wearing running, tennis and basketball kicks...they'll have more participating in that particular activity?

And when you see 40, 50 and 60 year old men wearing basketball sneakers, it's because they're playing?

You may be right. I still don't think the majority of 225$ Kobe 9s being made in limited numbers and only 5 CWs will be used more for balling by the general public than just to wear casually. I don't think you realize how many people buy basketball shoes in America that don't play basketball. I'll bet any amount of money the Kobe prelude pack isn't being snatched up by ballers or the Jordan 1s for example. If the elite 9 isn't widely available neither will these. More and more non ballers are buying shoes these days.

The XX8 were very limited across the country and were snatched up by tons of ball players at $250.

The prelude pack was made to cater to Kobe enthusiasts not basketball players, that's a totally different story. You can't keep relying on retros to save your argument here.

So when you go in to any high school in america, the people wearing running, tennis and basketball kicks...they'll have more participating in that particular activity?

And when you see 40, 50 and 60 year old men wearing basketball sneakers, it's because they're playing?

Yes.

@BLASTERCOMBO your the ultimate troll dude. If you live on this side then you know what bamma means. I'm sure your one by your comments. Your the guy who couldn't get the shoes all your classmates had and your a bitter hater. You can't go anywhere in this area without seeing basketball shoes being worn casually everywhere you go.
roll.gif

In my opinion the people that are going to drop the $225 dollars on the kobe 9's will most likely be using them for basketball. They are trying to see if they if they can justify the amount they just spent, by using these on the courts. Aesthetically speaking these wont garner all attention from all the mainstream sneakerheads these days, just mostly the tech buffs and ballers.

Grown men resorting to smiley faces when they have no comeback. Your just trolling now. Your from Georgia Ave, someone makes a inner city comment and you haven't said one word to check dude about your city? Clownish

Check me about your city? :lol:

Fam I was just saying you aren't exposed to anything outside of your city not taking shots at your town. :lol:

Although DC isn't my favorite place :lol:

The XX8 were very limited across the country and were snatched up by tons of ball players at $250.

The prelude pack was made to cater to Kobe enthusiasts not basketball players, that's a totally different story. You can't keep relying on retros to save your argument here.
I'm done. You again trying to state I'm using retros to save my argument. I started conversation to begin with. It was about the hype shoes from jump. You've changed the argument. When I said shoes people are getting murdered for, what did you think I was talking about? Hyperdunks? According to your logic basketball shoes are bought by players. Running shoes by runners so on and so on. You generalize the whole thing. It's not that way at all.

In my opinion the people that are going to drop the $225 dollars on the kobe 9's will most likely be using them for basketball. They are trying to see if they if they can justify the amount they just spent, by using these on the courts. Aesthetically speaking these wont garner all attention from all the mainstream sneakerheads these days, just mostly the tech buffs and ballers.

What about fans of the Lakers or Kobe?

What shoes ARE you talking about then dude?

There's no "logic" that people only buy runners for running and basketball shoes for hoops, I was saying, from the beginning that MORE people buy them for their intended purposes.

The amount of people lining up is a small demographic, ONCE again, as previously stated.

Grown men resorting to smiley faces when they have no comeback. Your just trolling now. Your from Georgia Ave, someone makes a inner city comment and you haven't said one word to check dude about your city? Clownish
lol youre right, i lost sleep over that comment, i should throw my set up.........
roll.gif

youre ,ad at the innercity comment yet make a comment that can be viewed as equally dumb "It's the richest black county in the United States". what?

whats left to say? youve come back with ninjahood type, eye test, logic. you say people ball in their "casual" shoes yet that still doesnt count as using them for basketball LOL. just like this guy said "an Inner-City Kids' Sneakers are used Seamlessly  BOTH Casually & for Physical Activity... because they don't have the money to buy for both. ". which means these kids DO use their shoes for basketball. if YOU are really where your from and wanna talk all that hard **** youd know that a lot of people dont have enough money for more than 1 pair of shoes a year if that. those shoes are used to do everything including............ BASKETBALL. lol at "WE DONT BUY SHOES WITH THE PURPOSE OF BALLING PERIOD" by far the dumbest thing youve said. people stuggling buy shoes with the purpose to do EVERYTHING in them. now sit here and tell me there are more people with money than there are without money in DC and MD............ ill wait......

You didn't single me out. You said inner city life as if "kids" pleural don't know anything about life outside the inner city. I see your backtracking now. Nice try.

What about fans of the Lakers or Kobe?

well yeah you're right, fans of the Lakers and Kobe himself will also be buying them, I was just saying IMO that most people buying them would using them on the courts because of all the technology that's being advertised about the kobe 9's and how well the previous kobes have done on the courts.

Back
Top Bottom