THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I know all the people that ball are excited for these.. i still play ball, but not everyday like i use to, so i need these to work casually for me too  

I have a feeling these wont be a really hard cop, but like everybody else its jus mass speculation I just dont think these will be hit hard not being a really hyped release and being an expensive unique out of nowhere type shoe but again I know nothing

I have a feeling these wont be a really hard cop, but like everybody else its jus mass speculation I just dont think these will be hit hard not being a really hyped release and being an expensive unique out of nowhere type shoe but again I know nothing
I agree with ya based again, on nothing other than opinion.

Really can't wait to see the lows that they come up with

I think the only thing that's going to be "limited" about the Kobe 9's is that they won't be sold in every single shoe store (the same as the 8's) Keep in mind people this is not a "Prelude" Kobe retro shoe. This is a shoe that is being produced for the 2013 2014 NBA season, so Nike is going to want people to buy the shoe. The Preludes are attention grabbers as many of you already know to merely build anticipation for the 9's. They may not produce as many of the Kobe 9 Masterpiece possibly but I guarantee you none of the 9's will be limited like the Prelude 1's and certainly won't scratch the service of a cult Jordan Bred 1 release or royal 1's. Yes the Kobe line has been doing very well over the pass years but to compare the Kobe 9 Masterpiece to the Bred 1 Jordan release is ridiculous & fictional hype & I like the Masterpiece 9's 20 times more than the Bred 1's but I still know that's beyond far fetched

Last edited:
I'm hoping there's no residual hype from the Prelude pack. My best guess is that the Masterpieces might be a little tough to obtain on RD because of the salt from people taking Ls 8 weeks in a row. The other releases will be a easier. Find out in a little more than 3 weeks.

I think the "limited" tag on the Masterpiece is linked to the CW and Prelude pack. Isn't the theme for the whole pack based off paintings? The Masterpiece 9 is the culmination of the pack. I'm sure they've been produced in greater numbers than the Preludes but I expect this CW to be 1 of the more sought after 9s high or low.

Imma have to make sure I have plenty of crew black Dri fit socks for these on court :nerd:

Unless Nike releases 9 specific socks like the 8s :smh:

My bet is these masterpieces are not as limited as people think. Preludes are ridiculously limited. People keep blaming the early link and bots but those have been around! They are only being amplified because of how limited these Preludes are. I bet these are going to be decently limited but if you want ant them you'll be able to grab them. I think like the SC gloves or LeBron XI forging irons.

mark_medium.gif

is there only one hightop version coming out? I know it is the elite version but is there going to be more than 1 release of the hightop version? (As in other colors)

Last edited:
Anyway.... Back to shank plates.... Really hoping this is integrated or there will not be a chance if me trying to get these... Too many foot issues . Hadn't even crossed my mind the first few times I was looking at the shoe but now am wondering...

Last edited:
Anyway.... Back to shank plates.... Really hoping this is integrated or there will not be a chance if me trying to get these... Too many foot issues . Hadn't even crossed my mind the first few times I was looking at the shoe but now am wondering...
According to Nightwing who was at the release event, there is an internal moderator plate that isn't visible.  I'm guessing right around where those midfoot CF wings are located.  See this from his site: 

"Support:  They will rely heavily on the structure and fit. Support is visibly present (and abundant) along the midsole with the Carbon plates and there is an internal moderator plate that you cannot see for additional torsional support. The way its built will cup your foot in a way that you may have not experienced… sounds awesome."

from here: http://kicksoncourt.com/first-impression-nike-kobe-9-elite/

i think they wont feel like playing in a high top, the sleeve will be like a soft compression around your ankles and still give you the mobility and freedom of playing in a low top.

Im with everyone about the LeBron XI setup its amazing, but the overall shape and stiffness of the XI I can't play long in them. Kobe 9 with XI setup would have made it a complete beast, I def will be trying out how well XI insole fits in 9 you never know.

I def like the lebron xi cushion but hate the shoe itself...if that makes sense

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom