THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
In a sense Masterpiece is the BHM shoe with the colors of the Fly knit just without the bhm branding. Killing 3 birds with 1 shoe :lol:

No biggie. The BHM Collection launches before the Kobe 9 launches, so no surprise it's excluded. Maybe they didn't do a second Kobe 8 because it would feel like a cash grab, which is fine with the Christmas shoe but not so fine with a BHM shoe?

I think they'll really push this Masterpiece colorway for awhile. It will probably be his all star shoe.

Just seems to be too much hype behind the Masterpiece to push out another colorway on such short notice.

I think they'll really push this Masterpiece colorway for awhile. It will probably be his all star shoe.

Just seems to be too much hype behind the Masterpiece to push out another colorway on such short notice.
I honestly don't see the "hype" you're referring to.

Eh, preview showcase on a Nike website is no big deal, they do it on almost all new releases.

As for the event, well they seem to do that often too. They also have one for Melo and CP3 and Durant as well iirc, it isn't really something new. Hell they had a huge eventt for the Hyperfeel and they sell like 2-3 colorways of those and I haven't really seen them in any major stores.

Haven't even seen any commercial for the 9s while the 8's had the star studded commercial last year when he was a motivational speaker, I believe that was last year, right?

Last edited:
Eh, preview showcase on a Nike website is no big deal, they do it on almost all new releases.

As for the event, well they seem to do that often too. They also have one for Melo and CP3 and Durant as well iirc, it isn't really something new.

Haven't even seen any commercial for the 9s while the 8's had the star studded commercial last year when he was a motivational speaker, I believe that was last year, right?
I think he was the motivational speaker for the VIIs.  I remember because of the "What the f*ck are you talking about Kobe Bryant?" segment from Kanye 
laugh.gif

kobe-youre-welcome.gif

Last edited:
Nah, the Kobe System motivational speaker series was for the VIIs. The 8s had the Count on Kobe campaign with that time lapse commercial. Curious what they'll do for the 9s.

the BHM this year finally looks decent. i hope there's a kobe 9 low BHM.

The hell are you talking about.

the BHM models look decent this year. in years past, they haven't looked good at all.

i'm sure if there's a kobe 9 bhm, it will follow the same theme as the kd5 and the lebron 11. i'm sure it's out there.. the only reason we haven't seen it yet is because the kobe 9 low hasn't even been announced yet.

the BHM models look decent this year. in years past, they haven't looked good at all.

i'm sure if there's a kobe 9 bhm, it will follow the same theme as the kd5 and the lebron 11. i'm sure it's out there.. the only reason we haven't seen it yet is because the kobe 9 low hasn't even been announced yet.
Personally think that is wishful thinking. No way they are going to release the low before the masterpiece high after all this hype they have built around it.

Personally think that is wishful thinking. No way they are going to release the low before the masterpiece high after all this hype they have built around it.

i would like to think we'll see a low next month..

hes going to make the all star lineup... there just has to be an all star 9. has to.

Kobe will be voted to the ASG, but I thought I read he was gonna sit out like he did here in Dallas in 2011. Don't know why Nike would produce a special colorway when he may just be a spectator... :rolleyes

Kobe will be voted to the ASG, but I thought I read he was gonna sit out like he did here in Dallas in 2011. Don't know why Nike would produce a special colorway when he may just be a spectator... :rolleyes

true true.. they would sell regardless haha.. too much money to be made during all star break.

He urged the fans to vote for the young guys who have all star numbers this year, saying that he would much rather sit down and watch the new players do their thing.

He also said he doesn't think he'll be ready to contribute to an all star game in the way that he would like to.

Nah... the reason why you haven't seen a BHM 9 of any height it because there probably isn't gonna be one this year... unless Kobe is wearing it on the bench. Nike NBA athletes are showcasing the BHM shoes sometime next week, and KB isn't being medically evaluated until 1/27 to establish a return date.

I doubt Nike wants Swaggy P to debut the KB 9 before Kobe has a chance to.

He urged the fans to vote for the young guys who have all star numbers this year, saying that he would much rather sit down and watch the new players do their thing.

Yeah, I remember now. I think he brought up Damian Lillard as one of the young, deserving guys.

Back
Top Bottom