THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Whats the meaning of the NRG, KRM EXT? I know I'm gonna hear all kinds of smart A** chet asking this Q?, but I honestly don't know the meaning.

The Vipers (KoBeezy's) is my first pair of KB IX Highs, the KB IX MM QS was actually my first KB IX of the year. 

Why are those considering the Kobe 9 Elite "What the Kobe"?

I dont see any of previous colorways evident
Off of the pics we've seen so far, you can see some of the patterns from the Inspirations, Fundamentals, Showtimes, etc on the hyperfuse part of the shoe around the ankle. It's definitely more of a subtle What The shoe compared to the Kobe 8s or the KDs/Lebrons from earlier this year.

SneakerNews just posted more pics of em. On the inside of the tongue it reads the previous names of this years KB IX's. So yea we will see certain colors and parts of other shoes in this WTK.

WTK is decent... its actually pretty calm looking compared to previous models imo.  which is a def plus in my book.  even though that kind of contradicts the whole WTK theme.  

nthat.gif
 Fan since potato cam. Hopefully they will be widely available like the WTLs and the WTKDs. 

The "what the" elements that I can see are

1. obvious, but the scrambled tongue logos

2. The combo of different patterns from the different elite highs on the non-flyknit TPU ankle sections

I dig em... but I don't know how if I want to jump through a thousand hoops just to grab them

Last edited:
These fall into the What The category due to the graphics and labels used in the liner as well as the graphics used along the collar and midsole.  Due to he intricacies of the flyknit knitting pattern and that they use continues knit materials it would be extremely difficult to create a flyknit upper using color schemes from previous releases.

I mean, if y'all don't wanna call them WTK....don't 
laugh.gif
 Just makes it easier for us that want them.  We don't need anybody running a trial on their bot or trying to grab them to make some cash.  Just move outta the way, no money to be made here 
devil.gif

After the new pics I like them but I'm also disappointed. These could have been the best WT sneaker ever if they took the FK from all the other 9s and patched them together IMO.

I mean, if y'all don't wanna call them WTK....don't 
laugh.gif
 Just makes it easier for us that want them.  We don't need anybody running a trial on their bot or trying to grab them to make some cash.  Just move outta the way, no money to be made here 
devil.gif
Thank you sir!  This right here...

After the new pics I like them but I'm also disappointed. These could have been the best WT sneaker ever if they took the FK from all the other 9s and patched them together IMO.
This!

Nike ruined their opportunity of making a one of a kind WTK.

PS gum bottom soles like the ones on the mid EXTs would have been really nice on these.

Last edited:
Happy with the wtk. I loved this model, but this is the first must-have for me since the ASG. None of the CW' since really grabbed me. Love that they used white and a lot of blue finally

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom