THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Kobe's nickname came from him playing in new York and as others called him that. Not self proclaimed like some king..

Consider your options...

Either have Nick Young, a decent player and team mate of Kobe debut the shoe.

Or wait until the shoe hits the market in a few weeks and allow any end of the bench scrub debut one of the most anticipated kicks of the year.

I for one don't care. I've never made a purchase based on how Kobe looked in them.

If I wasn't already a little bit interested in the shoe, on court footage wouldn't help.

We've had something like this happen before with another highly anticipated shoe. Daniel Ewing of the Clippers wearing the Air Jordan 20 before anyone else in the NBA wore it. I want to say he even cut the ankle strap off as well. Pretty bad for a debut. He wasn't even a Jordan Brand member....

_Not saying that Daniel Ewing was a scrub but not the ideal guy you want wearing the shoe, with the strap cut off at that....

Last edited:
From Twitter:

@MarkG_Medina: Confirmed @mcten nugget from league source that Nick Young will wear new Kobe shoes Thurs vs Miami

Last edited:
We've had something like this happen before with another highly anticipated shoe. Daniel Ewing of the Clippers wearing the Air Jordan 20 before anyone else in the NBA wore it. I want to say he even cut the ankle strap off as well. Pretty bad for a debut. He wasn't even a Jordan Brand member....

_Not saying that Daniel Ewing was a scrub but not the ideal guy you want wearing the shoe, with the strap cut off at that....

Yeah I believe Mike Bibby debuted the foamposite one in college before Anfernee.

Again not a scrub, but I'm sure that's not what Nike had in mind.

Yeah I believe Mike Bibby debuted the foamposite one in college before Anfernee.

Again not a scrub, but I'm sure that's not what Nike had in mind.

I would be the differ. He was the "premier" player at the time of the tournament and with the amount of publicity that would come with it why wouldn't Nike pick him?

Last edited:
From Twitter:

@MarkG_Medina: Confirmed @mcten nugget from league source that Nick Young will wear new Kobe shoes Thurs vs Miami

but but ... didn't someone say "no way anyone but kobe's gonna debut the shoe before kobe himself" (not verbatim)

Nick is a better player and a much more likeable person.

Kobe gave his is approval, and with all this baller/hipster sneaker talk, his approval means more than anyone else's. And in 2 weeks, no one will care. fact
Kobe is sitting on the bench for the rest of the year and needs someone to wear his shoes. It's either him or pau, fact

Kobe is coming back in a couple weeks. His original return date was the 28th of his month but it looks like it might be pushed back.

Kobe will probably play the entire post All-Star break season. In fact he might be ready to go in the All-Star game and could use that platform to debut the shoes.

You don't read injury updates. FACT

New colorway of the hi's is clean!!!

Not sure how I feel about the lows, not what I expected.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm in love with the Lows right now as I'm not feeling the colorway. Looks clunky I can say that much.

Not feeling the bright blue as it makes the height of the shoe more pronounced. Masterpiece is much better with it being black and will be better with shorts or pants. The blue I would wear strictly pants. The good thing about the blue is there aren't many other colors that makes it extra busy.

I'm in all the way on the lows... Those look like a nice sequel to the 8 and I'm really starting to like playing in lows... Just hoping for different cushion options, getting more accustomed to lunar but still prefer zoom. Targeted lunar might be nice though

Back
Top Bottom