THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
They put the stitches on the lows because he will rupture his other Achilles in them.

Dat preemptive marketing.
nthat.gif
roll.gif

And the inspiration would be any different from high to low because...?

THEYRE NOT THE SAME LINES. LOOK AT THE PHOTO
lol...it's a low cut shoe. Where else would they move them? To some matching Kobe Elite socks that they'll charge $15 for?

...:nerd:

And the inspiration would be any different from high to low because...?

They put the stitches on the lows because he will rupture his other Achilles in them.

Dat preemptive marketing. :nthat:
:lol:

OK IM BOWING OUT DIFFERENCES IN OPINION.

I JUST FEEL LIKE IT MAKE SENSE W THE FLYKNIT IN THE ELITE MODEL.

THEY LOOK LIKE LEGIT SUTURES 

WHERE AS ON THE LOW THEY LOOK LIKE LINES.

@Wayne141  LMAO IM GONNA DIE IF THEY HAVE SOME SOCKS THAT REPLICATE THE STITCHES 

Not sure if I'm feeling the EM lows. The heel area looks really bad imo. Maybe they'll grow on me after I see some more pics/colorways. I'm kinda disappointed because I loved the 8s :\.

The Trolls in here have been going pretty Ham over the past couple weeks. 
mean.gif

Happy about the 9 Lows, though (besides the $20+ BS). Many questions still unanswered & many angles still unseen, but they're PROMISING, to say the least. 
nthat.gif

I definitely grabbing at least one high but see myself with a lot more lows by choice...

As far as suture socks...am I the only one who still prefer just old plain black socks (nike fab5 style, black elites, or black nba crew or short)?? I just don't see the point in crazy colored and matching socks... Might look weird on me cause I have legs completely tattooed up but always just feel like it's too much... Just my .02

I like the low except for the heel area and the back of the shoe mostly it doesn't seem very nice imo. But overall it's a dope look and I'm happy we are getting lows because I was not even gonna attempt to by any elites

This dude said, "your parents pray to me"
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

On a side note the masterpiece is just growing and growing on me more and more everyday. My girl is tired of me taking breaks from shameless to check this damn thread. :lol:

Keep the availability info comin tho. I really appreciate it.

Kobe

Although Bryant's last five signature shoes have been low-tops, the Kobe Elite 9 unveiled by the Los Angeles Lakers guard is a higher-cut shoe that might be confused with a pair that a wrestler wears. The feature that sticks out the most might be in the back, where nine short red lines are spread out along the heel to mimic the sutures from his recent Achilles surgery.

"It's a symbol of the story we're trying to tell," Bryant told ESPN.com. "It's a constant reminder of where I came from. From that night after I hurt myself and I expressed my anger in my Facebook rant to the state I'm in now. I wanted something I could draw inspiration from. Everyone doubts I can't come back and do it again and here I am."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...ryant-los-angeles-lakers-unveils-new-sneakers
Thanks for posting. I think that is a unique detail. Very nice touch.

The stitches look proportionate to the height of the highs. I think the yellow is throwing off the stitches on lows. Wouldn't be bad on a dark base.

Yeah full Shozoku logo socks, crews this time. :pimp:

Kobe

Although Bryant's last five signature shoes have been low-tops, the Kobe Elite 9 unveiled by the Los Angeles Lakers guard is a higher-cut shoe that might be confused with a pair that a wrestler wears. The feature that sticks out the most might be in the back, where nine short red lines are spread out along the heel to mimic the sutures from his recent Achilles surgery.

"It's a symbol of the story we're trying to tell," Bryant told ESPN.com. "It's a constant reminder of where I came from. From that night after I hurt myself and I expressed my anger in my Facebook rant to the state I'm in now. I wanted something I could draw inspiration from. Everyone doubts I can't come back and do it again and here I am."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...ryant-los-angeles-lakers-unveils-new-sneakers
Repped thanks for this! I really want Kobe to go into design or other forms of art. Love how he puts his inspirations in his shoes.

Back
Top Bottom