THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I'm not a big fan of the highs for normal wear. I understand that for Bean he needs that extra support from the Achilles injury, but these IX lows are really dope. I think depending on how the colors play out and comfort level they could be even better than the VIII. 
nthat.gif

I know that the insoles in the 9s are full length lunar, but does anyone recall if they're pretty much the exact same shape as the 8s?

Got a few fresh inserts from my stash of 8s so it would be nice if they were compatible.
Kicksoncourt said they were the same size so it should be inter-changable.

traction should work fine..with the spacing btwn the rubber, it should grip. the only problem i see is how long it'll last. looks like you're going to burn through it fast.

Kicksoncourt said they were the same size so it should be inter-changable.

traction should work fine..with the spacing btwn the rubber, it should grip. the only problem i see is how long it'll last. looks like you're going to burn through it fast.
Good call -- the longevity is more of a concern... especially at $225 a shoe 
mean.gif

At least from pics it looks like it will go fast, even indoors.  Hopefully it is a bit thicker than I am imagining

i'm def getting a pair of the highs for the gym, idk if I could pull them off casually but I know I would rock the hell out of them working out or playing ball

So since the masterpieces are part of the prelude pack, are they going to be just as hard to get as 1-8?

I hope its nothing like the preludes, struck out on every online release and didn't even attempt to drive an hour away for a raffle

I don't think they'll be quite as hard to get as the Preludes, but they'll probably still be fairly limited. I'm hoping the fact that some people are turned off by how high they are will make the Masterpieces an easier cop.

I think that's a misconception...the prelude pack was just leading up to the release of the 9. I doubt they'll be a huge GR like the lebron KPs but I don't think they'll be released in tiny numbers like the preludes.

KDs were even more limited than the preludes. They only sold them at like two stores.

Last edited:
It's not that the Lows look bad. It's just that they've basically taken away everything I love from the 8's. I loved how minimal the 8's were. The lacing system, the tongue, the cool little snake wrapped around the logo. I'll have to wait for some opinions on how the 9 lows perform, but I don't like how they've taken on a bulky look rather than the awesome minimalistic sleekness of the 8.

Took off from this thread the last couple days to come and see the lows and wow am I amazed. I was one of the few originals here who actually like the elite highs to begin with but I'm just as excited for the lows especially in that colorway. I thought nike wouldn't be able to top the 8s but I think they just did. On a side note not really a big fan of the blue highs or maybe I just need to see it from other angles

Back
Top Bottom