THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I'm a late-comer to the Kobe sig line, although I did by the 2K4 when it released and that is one of my faves of all time.  Been a Kobe fan since he entered the league and my older cousin idolized him.

Coming from mostly an on-court shoe perspective and from the models I have played in (have not played in the II, III, IV or VII -- would love to play in the IV and III for sure), it's very hard for me to choose.  I'm indecisive because there are aspects of each model that are better than the other.  It really comes down to what feels best and is most consistent for ball.

V > VI = 8 = 9 = Huarache 2K4 > 1  

If they remade either the V or VI with an outsole like the IV, 8 or IX, it would be over lol.  One can only dream
IIIs and IVs are worth checking out on court, and the 2K5s weren't bad either. I don't think you're missing out on too much by not playing in the IIs or VIIs, but that's just me. I like how both of those models look, but there are just better performers and more comfortable models to go with IMO.

I think if there are two things I would improve on with the Vs it'd be to make the skinwire upper more durable and to improve the traction like you said, but otherwise, that shoe fits me better than any other model to date. With most of these models, I think it's just up to little differences in personal preference. They're all pretty great performance shoes.

Last edited:
Thanks @Wayne141  I was scoping the Bay for a pair of IIIs for a while but lost patience.

I did play a rec league season in the 2K5 and I liked them, but not as much as the 2K4.

The shape of the V is just perfect... and the way the heel cup and midsole are structured is just money.  Everything just feels so natural when I lace those up.  So much perfection with the shoe imo... aside from long term durability and needing some better traction.

Last edited:
Wow that's a steal for size 9.5. Did you message somebody on eBay?
Yep. Dude has just listed them this morning and I hit him up, I was about to pull the trigger on another pair that was VNDS with no box. Glad he took too long with the invoice.

Two questions:

1. Any other good shoelace spots besides the usual suspects: **************, LacedUpLaces, and FullyLaced?

2. Length of laces on the IX lows if anyone knows off the top of their head? I'm at work.

Thanks.

Same....ordered 7:01a PST on the west coast. Order Conf @ 7:06.

Not sweating, yet...

Nike tends to do things backwards sometimes. I bought at 8:47 PST and got shipping confirmation last night around 11pm.

Last edited:
Finally got ship confirmation from NDC ... gonna have to wait til Monday :rolleyes

Hopefully UPS moves faster and gets it here by friday

Last edited:
Glad you finally were able to hunt them down.

Finding them in a 9.5 aint no joke. Gets harder and harder everyday.
seriously bro. It seems like there's a ton on 11s for sale but 9.5 is scarce... I hope I dont get them in hand and want a second pair :smh: seems like most MP owners have that backup pair. :lol:

Not sure if someone already mentioned this:  University Reds for 179.99, sizes 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10.5, 11,11.5

http://www.champssports.com/product/model:218228/sku:39045600/nike-kobe-9-mens/
I don't think any of those sizes are available. I tried ordering online and my order got cancelled. Ordered in the store and it also got cancelled. My order for the brave blues also got cancelled. Those sizes have been up forever too.  No way they would've lasted that long. 

I don't think any of those sizes are available. I tried ordering online and my order got cancelled. Ordered in the store and it also got cancelled. My order for the brave blues also got cancelled. Those sizes have been up forever too.  No way they would've lasted that long. 
Ah ok, sorry about that. I saw that they were able to be added to the cart but thats as far as I checked, didn't know you gotta make sure orders don't get cancelled as well. Disregard then.

Ah ok, sorry about that. I saw that they were able to be added to the cart but thats as far as I checked, didn't know you gotta make sure orders don't get cancelled as well. Disregard then.
I just find it weird... When I ordered the brave blues, my size disappeared off the website. After they got cancelled, my size popped up again a couple of days later. I would have tried again, but it takes forever to get my money refunded. 

BHMs finally shipped!  CAN'T WAIT!!!
Mine still says in progress and I see we're the same size 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom