THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Can someone explain to me from a business sense why Beethovens were so limited? Crimsons, Easters, and so many other CWs were stuck on NDC for months and months.

I missed out on the Beets and now the 10s are coming and I'm extra salty

I just don't get why when there is such high demand, why Nike wouldn't want to make more money by releasing adequate supply to meet demand

Off topic, sorry
Because that's how they get people coming back for more. Simple as that.

You miss out on 1 release, so you buy the next one so you don't feel left out again. It's a vicious cycle, and we're all a part of it. 
wink.gif

Can someone explain to me from a business sense why Beethovens were so limited? Crimsons, Easters, and so many other CWs were stuck on NDC for months and months.

I missed out on the Beets and now the 10s are coming and I'm extra salty

I just don't get why when there is such high demand, why Nike wouldn't want to make more money by releasing adequate supply to meet demand

Off topic, sorry
Its always better for demand to outweigh supply. Look at the Yeezy line... they could have tripled supply and still would have sold out instantly. They also had a much greater profit margin.

Hype is valuable.

Last edited:
Because that's how they get people coming back for more. Simple as that.

You miss out on 1 release, so you buy the next one so you don't feel left out again. It's a vicious cycle, and we're all a part of it. :wink:

What about people like me who don't like all the bold and bright colors and just wanted one pair of beethovens or nothing?

What about people like me who don't like all the bold and bright colors and just wanted one pair of beethovens or nothing?
Sadly, my friend, Nike doesn't really care. My advice is to try extra hard on releases you really want, whether they're limited or not. I've had great success using that philosophy.

Last edited:
I don't think the beethovens were that limited. It was a general release that was pretty popular so it sold quickly. Kinda like the purple fade 8.

Its always better for demand to outweigh supply. Look at the Yeezy line... they could have tripled supply and still would have sold out instantly. They also had a much greater profit margin.

Hype is valuable.
There was an article somewhere about hype related to limited celebrity/influencer/collab releases, and how the limitedness and easy sell outs create a false sense of demand, blah blah blah. I doesn't apply to the Yeezy's obviously, but a lot of "limited" stuff would not sell out if it had giant production runs al la Jordan retros.

Demand exceeding supply is always good for the manufacturer/retailer.

So, what you said!

Last edited:
I don't think the beethovens were that limited. It was a general release that was pretty popular so it sold quickly. Kinda like the purple fade 8.
I agree. I walked in to my FTL, bought them and slapped them on my feet.

Keep in mind I live in Austin, Texas and my FTL doesn't get the limited stuff. Have to go online or the SA HOH for that stuff.

Started late on the 9s(dont do any lowtops) and the hight looked funny to me until i saw xmas on foot....ended up with:

XMAS

WTK

BHM

need to go back and get Detail and Gumbo 
nerd.gif

no shipping info from hannon and i ordered them 4 days ago... the suspense is killing me smh
Can't remember how long it took, but I remember it being a little while until I received shipping as well.  Some of those int'l orders are tough to wait on haha

Waiting for an update on WTK from Bouncewear -- they have been moving but been still for a couple days

Can't remember how long it took, but I remember it being a little while until I received shipping as well.  Some of those int'l orders are tough to wait on haha

Waiting for an update on WTK from Bouncewear -- they have been moving but been still for a couple days
yeah i ordered from there and kb24store and hoping they both dont get cancelled since someone said theirs from kb24store got cancelled and hanon taking so long lol just need one to go through and i can cancel the other bahaha

Last edited:
I think it's another polarizing CW, people love it or hate it (or hate the sole). I'm in the love group.
I hate the sole. Had it been like the MM (only shades of red with no white) I'd be all over them.
I pretty much feel the same way about the sole, but I guess having no white would take away from the candy cane theme. The mixed outsole on the MMs is alright to me since the color contrast isn't as big between two different purples. The rest of the Xmas colorway is pretty nice though.

I hate the sole. Had it been like the MM (only shades of red with no white) I'd be all over them.

That's what I love the most about them, the sole. All red shoes with solid soles are a dime a dozen. I like the art behind them. I also love the different shades of red in the flyknit. To me, it's just a classic. :smokin

Not too sure about the sole of the xmas but the rest of the shoe is fire. It does compliment the white and red flyknit but still weird looking

Last edited:
I'll try again, anyone know the lace length on the lows? 50"? or 55"?

Thanks.

They're 54" iirc but to be honest, I find that stock laces are a bit short and that is why I measured it. Planning to get 63" to replace them because they're my main outdoor bball shoe and I can't properly tie them tight enough unless I skip that last lacehole.

They're 54" iirc but to be honest, I find that stock laces are a bit short and that is why I measured it. Planning to get 63" to replace them because they're my main outdoor bball shoe and I can't properly tie them tight enough unless I skip that last lacehole.
Thanks.

Just received my shipping and tracking info a few minutes ago for my Kobe 9 BHM order so no need to worry guys if any of you haven't received yours yet...

Just received my shipping and tracking info a few minutes ago for my Kobe 9 BHM order so no need to worry guys if any of you haven't received yours yet...
I think everyone is just waiting to finish the chapter so to speak.

I get these and I put the IX's to bed, more or less (still will find a Philippines and maybe Perspectives).

On to some other stuff now. Just not the X lows.

How do people rock the 9 highs casually? I hardly see anyone do. Do most strictly play ball only? Those who post pics causally I see some tight looking pants with the pants tucked in to the shoes like girls when they put em i UGGs.

Dude few pages back kinda had a more realistic way I would rock em since my pants more loose like his, but like someone said don't think I have his swag.

I really like the BHm they a nice looking shoe to look at but I buy shoes to rock, just skeptical how to wear em. Any other pics showing on feet but aren't tight jeans but also not #NTdenim?

/imSRS lol

The boy Keef and NeverWearThem both have pics on IG where they crushed them with outfits. They made me go back and get a pair.

Sadly, my friend, Nike doesn't really care. My advice is to try extra hard on releases you really want, whether they're limited or not. I've had great success using that philosophy.
And that's why i got the WTK9, Brave Blues, BHM, and Retro 4 Columbias... cuz i don't want to be left in the dust come later on. Next decision is BXB 10s knowing I don't want them, but i want them lol. Oreo's are next.

I sure hope the Kobe 10s are dope. 

Last edited:

I agree. I walked in to my FTL, bought them and slapped them on my feet.

Keep in mind I live in Austin, Texas and my FTL doesn't get the limited stuff. Have to go online or the SA HOH for that stuff.
I forgot the name of the mall in SA that had a HOH, but I visited my homie that I've known for about 13 years and when the Concords lows dropped, it was a mad house. 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom