THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

There are waaaay too many followers to start any sort of movement the same guy that co-signs what your saying will be the same one to take your spot in a raffle or rsvp spot. 

Nike isnt interested in what sneakerheads opinion is on quality, supply numbers, and price is cuz they know you will line anyway. 

Nike is a company just like some the examples you mentioned but the difference in the two is the market BOA customers avg age 45.. Nike customer base avg age 15... They throw some GITD or 3M everyone is happy 
laugh.gif

I salute your thinking... Repped 
I agree with your first sentence to an extent--yes there's likely a considerable possibility that those who join would only join provided they're the ones striking out every Saturday morning.  I think that would be a kind of risk necessary to take.  I also think however that so long as people feel they're part of something  (in just the same way people think they're part of a larger collective--sneakerheads for instance), they might be willing to hold out for more than you think.  

Of course Nike doesn't care about us, so long as we're not doing something--but imagine if a thread were created on Niketalk, and the members of that thread committed to not purchase anything from Nike.  Imagine that Sneakernews and other websites picked up on it.  You don't think Nike would begin to take notice--if only for the sake of their publicity?  If we stopped paying resellers, you don't think resellers would stop buying the sneakers in the first place?

I admit there is a problem with the fact that so many customers are so young, and wouldn't likely be interested in this at all.  I'm not sure that's really a deterrent though.  These things have to begin somewhere--and the people who are a part of them have to realize it takes more than a weekend.

I agree with your first sentence to an extent--yes there's likely a considerable possibility that those who join would only join provided they're the ones striking out every Saturday morning.  I think that would be a kind of risk necessary to take.  I also think however that so long as people feel they're part of something (in just the same way people think they're part of a larger collective--sneakerheads for instance), they might be willing to hold out for more than you think.  

Of course Nike doesn't care about us, so long as we're not doing something--but imagine if a thread were created on Niketalk, and the members of that thread committed to not purchase anything from Nike.  Imagine that Sneakernews and other websites picked up on it.  You don't think Nike would begin to take notice--if only for the sake of their publicity?  If we stopped paying resellers, you don't think resellers would stop buying the sneakers in the first place?

I admit there is a problem with the fact that so many customers are so young, and wouldn't likely be interested in this at all.  I'm not sure that's really a deterrent though.  These things have to begin somewhere--and the people who are a part of them have to realize it takes more than a weekend.

I'm getting off topic, but NT/sneaker community is such a small percent on Nike's customer base. It would take hundreds of thousands of people to boycott to get their attention. Just some numbers for you:

"FY2013 Income Statement Review - Continuing Operations

Revenues for NIKE, Inc. were up 8 percent to $25.3 billion, up 11 percent on a currency neutral basis.

Fourth quarter revenues from continuing operations up 7 percent to $6.7 billion, up 9 percent excluding currency changes
Fourth quarter diluted earnings per share from continuing operations up 27 percent to $0.76
Fiscal 2013 revenues from continuing operations up 8 percent to $25.3 billion, up 11 percent excluding currency changes
Fiscal 2013 diluted earnings per share from continuing operations up 11 percent to $2.69
NIKE Brand futures orders up 8 percent
Inventories as of May 31, 2013 up 7 percent

In other words, not happening...GRs are selling out on TLO Saturdays.

There are waaaay too many followers to start any sort of movement the same guy that co-signs what your saying will be the same one to take your spot in a raffle or rsvp spot. 

Nike isnt interested in what sneakerheads opinion is on quality, supply numbers, and price is cuz they know you will line anyway. 

Nike is a company just like some the examples you mentioned but the difference in the two is the market BOA customers avg age 45.. Nike customer base avg age 15... They throw some GITD or 3M everyone is happy 
laugh.gif

I salute your thinking... Repped 
Think about it--the thread could be a kind of AA for sneakerheads.  We could all talk about how difficult it is to refrain from trying buy a pair off of NDC; those of us who were thinking about buying from a reseller could come to the thread to be assured they can keep their cash and life will go on.  I know this sounds somewhat absurd, but we could pull off something like that, so long as we start convincing people (hopefully including the people with the best reputations on the site).  

I personally think if you have wide feet go up .5 in Kobe 8s.I go up a whole size in kobe 8s for more comfort and room.

I'm getting off topic, but NT/sneaker community is such a small percent on Nike's customer base. It would take hundreds of thousands of people to boycott to get their attention. Just some numbers for you:

"FY2013 Income Statement Review - Continuing Operations

Revenues for NIKE, Inc. were up 8 percent to $25.3 billion, up 11 percent on a currency neutral basis.

Fourth quarter revenues from continuing operations up 7 percent to $6.7 billion, up 9 percent excluding currency changes
Fourth quarter diluted earnings per share from continuing operations up 27 percent to $0.76
Fiscal 2013 revenues from continuing operations up 8 percent to $25.3 billion, up 11 percent excluding currency changes
Fiscal 2013 diluted earnings per share from continuing operations up 11 percent to $2.69
NIKE Brand futures orders up 8 percent
Inventories as of May 31, 2013 up 7 percent

In other words, not happening...GRs are selling out on TLO Saturdays.
Yeah of course--I know that not every person who buys products from Nike is a member of Niketalk.  The aim wouldn't be to lower Nike's sale totally--just to effect their marketing/customer relations and their production numbers regarding shoes like the Kobe 9.  That would be doable.  

Newsflash though... We've been sharing bud. Preludes weren't a US exclusive. It's really just that bad.
US, china & very limited European release is globally now? I never heard nike say preludes were luanching globally yet it was the first thing mentioned when they announced the date. Face it there being released in a lot more countries then you might think.

Preludes did release globally--they sold out on NIkeStore Europe nearly just as fast.
Us & Europe is not globally 

Think about it--the thread could be a kind of AA for sneakerheads.  We could all talk about how difficult it is to refrain from trying buy a pair off of NDC; those of us who were thinking about buying from a reseller could come to the thread to be assured they can keep their cash and life will go on.  I know this sounds somewhat absurd, but we could pull off something like that, so long as we start convincing people (hopefully including the people with the best reputations on the site).  
Every shoe thread is AA and wait til RD the amount salt, frustrating that will be spewed in here will be nuts..

@AIRGOLDEN2123

Nike pays attention to trends that are started by many people on this site.. So you guys have more buying power than you recognize

You have a better chance at a "movement" by just saying you will stop paying resell prices for shoes and just accept you didnt get the shoes ... that only requires self discipline.. some have it some dont 

US, china & very limited European release is globally now? I never heard nike say preludes were luanching globally yet it was the first thing mentioned when they announced the date. Face it there being released in a lot more countries then you might think.

Us & Europe is not globally 
The US, Europe and China doesn't constitute a global release?  Does Nike have to sell Kobe's in Turkmenistan for a sneaker to qualify as a "global" release?  Maybe the MP's won't be as  difficult to get as Preludes, but the difference will be marginal.

Every shoe thread is AA and wait til RD the amount salt, frustrating that will be spewed in here will be nuts..

@AIRGOLDEN2123

Nike pays attention to trends that are started by many people on this site.. So you guys have more buying power than you recognize

You have a better chance at a "movement" by just saying you will stop paying resell prices for shoes and just accept you didnt get the shoes ... that only requires self discipline.. some have it some dont 
You're right--but it's a different kind of AA.  Imagine if alcoholics had to enter a raffle just to be able to purchase a bottle of whiskey--

My point is just this--if we wanted to affect something, we could

some guys just holding on....

PERSONALLY , IM Not trying to be PESSIMISTIC, more so trying to be REALISTIC.

The US, Europe and China doesn't constitute a global release?  Does Nike have to sell Kobe's in Turkmenistan for a sneaker to qualify as a "global" release?  Maybe the MP's won't be as  difficult to get as Preludes, but the difference will be marginal.
No it doesn't when you compare the amount of places getting these that didn't get preludes.

No it doesn't when you compare the amount of places getting these that didn't get preludes.
Amount of places?  Such as?  Like I said, a marginal difference doesn't mean much at the end of the day--the majority of people in this thread won't be able to get them.  

I've already accepted my loss for the Masters..

0-1.. Shrugs..

Going for .500 with the Perspectives..

Amount of places?  Such as?  Like I said, a marginal difference doesn't mean much at the end of the day--the majority of people in this thread won't be able to get them.  
I'm betting more people will get these not expecting resellers to go crazy for these. Planing on lining up Friday afternoon. 

Last edited:
from what i have heard these will be limited. but not sure on how the demand is going especially from the price tag. good luck to everyone that wants to cop.

NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE WHO HAS THEM BUT THAT BLACK PAIR AND THAT WHITE/VOLT PAIR OF KOBE 9'S ARE STRAIGHT TRASH.

NIKE SOLD SHOES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD OF SAT FOREVER. LULZ.

damn man, what happened to the days of only "ball players" wanting the new kobes?!?!...i feel like im in the JB thread 
mean.gif

A message to the beast

I want the MPs because first, I want to play ball with it on the very first day i get my hands on it. Second, if I'm going to spend $225+tax on a Kobe 9, i'd rather it be the MP colorway. Third, I'd like to see how it will look casually. I'm really looking to rock the isht out of it whether it's on or off the court. One pair is all I need but if I can't get it, it's cool I won't even trip since I got a lot of sneakers to just kick it and hoop with, from Raf simons to Margiellas to Ronnie fiegs to Nikes. If you're like me and you have the same reason on why choose the MPs then you have my respect because you're actually trying to enjoy what LIFE has to give. For instance, this experiment of Avar & Kobe, we want to enjoy the performance. But...........

If you're as lame as somebody who want the MP just because you want to keep it in your closet and HOPE that the resale value will go up twice or same level as the yeezys or air mags, BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER about yourself having something like this in your collection, man get the heck outta here. & If you're looking to just straight up resell, man get the heck out of here. That's so Lame. If you're not looking to rock this, then get the heck out of here. Losers like you are the reason why it's so hard to get sneakers nowadays.  My kind of sneakerhead are wanting to play ball with these & you're ruining it. Nike is not the one to blame. Cowards like you are the ones to blame, bec you find your happiness to a sneaker you won't even use not knowing u can die at any given time. Do yourself a favor and achieve Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Also, cowards like resellers, I know life is hard and we all gotta make money at some point. I've sold some shoes too but I wasn't as ridiculous as y'all who depend on reselling limited release Nikes for a living. Go to school, get a financial aid, get your degree, master a craft, then get a real job!

Thank me later.

Dude i feel you. But unfortunately they 're here to stay. for limited release kicks, i wait for Sneakershows. You get them for a little bit more than retail and sometimes retail. i buy shoes to actually wear and hoop. so i feel your frustration.

Back
Top Bottom