THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
wow, just walking across the concrete basement floor at my house this traction is ABSOLUTELY terrible
mean.gif

What a letdown.. I guess they look cool.. feel like an accident waiting to happen. Will probably sell the other pair as the primary reason I got them was to ball in. It might get a little better with break in but cant imagine much......really bummed after the 8 and XX8 traction going to this is no bueno.
really? I'm surprised..  the traction was better for me on an indoor court. It was moderately dirty as well. It was better than my Kobe 8, and by farrrr better than my Lebron XI

I dunno man, I really hate to say it but my confidence is definetly not there. I noticed that when I got up to my kitchen floors it seemed to have a little more of that nice SQUEAK but literally down in the basement i did some very slow moving lateral cuts (good thing no one saw me or I would have looked like a real dweeb) but there was literally no grip, I slid. Came back down and did some jab steps, still slid. I kow this is not under court conditions but this was my primary concern with the shoe from first sight; however, I wil try them on court but honestly it will only be in a shoot around until it proves better. I'm scared of this traction right now.... not cool.

Sorry fellas YMMV and not trying to make anyone worry but this is just my initial thoughts.

EDIT- Its worth noting that laced tight, the height definitely affects your range of motion. Not at all like a low top.

Last edited:
@tatmantall  it's all good -- I've had my doubts as well.  I'd be interested to hear how you feel about them after the shootaround.  Could be a case where they are slick out of the box too.  Some shoes I've bought almost have like a filmy feeling or coating on the soles when brand new.

lmao at the lateral cuts in the basement thing
laugh.gif
 No shame there as I can relate and do the same thing with new pairs.  Only problem is I'm in a small apartment now so it doesn't work so well 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I will most certainly report back. Man, I am really hoping that they just need to get that surface wore in because i cant recall ever having traction this bad. even straight out the box. Beside that they fit the foot great. They feel good on the ankle as well. Its funny I just started to play in lows for the first time upon purchasing my 8s. Really started to like the freedom of movement. Now got these crazy hightops which Before I would have been all about but its really different jumping back into a high now that I know what I have been missing.

With regards to size they run a bit wider and just a hair longer in the toe area than the 8s. If they would make a size 12.5 it proly would have been my go to size, but not really an issue as I like to play with two pairs of socks on but just normally dont have the room. Im fairly sure I will in these. Anyways, Like I said I will report back in with thoughts after I get an opportunity to shoot but am anxious to hear others thoughts on these as well.

^^ Based on seeing them in the NBA, they dont look as if theyd slip on court. I think Swaggy hurt himself wearing some other kicks that game

I wouldn't be surprised either if the 9s are stiff out of the box and need a break in period to really feel like a low. 

ASG's are FCFS at my local FTL friday. They've been raffling everything lately to do away with camping. Not sure what to expect.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the fast responses! Yea he must have got it from the ny restock since his receipt said he got it today. I just really want to ball in them rofl -.-

wow, just walking across the concrete basement floor at my house this traction is ABSOLUTELY terrible :smh:
What a letdown.. I guess they look cool.. feel like an accident waiting to happen. Will probably sell the other pair as the primary reason I got them was to ball in. It might get a little better with break in but cant imagine much......really bummed after the 8 and XX8 traction going to this is no bueno.

You planned on hooping in them indoor or out? I found the traction to be money indoors.

ASG's are FCFS at my local FTL friday. Not sure what to expect.
Not sure what to expect either -- one of mine is FCFS as well, and isn't one that I've hit up regularly.  Only have stopped there for the KD seat pleasant release

I will probably give it a shot 
smokin.gif

ASG's are FCFS at my local FTL friday. They've been raffling everything lately to do away with camping. Not sure what to expect.
so far thats what ive been told too im gonna call everyday til then tho..mayb bcoz its a friday release they dnt mind fcfs..hopefully itll weed these little kids out coz they got school

You planned on hooping in them indoor or out? I found the traction to be money indoors.
indoors. no way i would take these outdoors. The tread is way to thin. I was surprised the rubber is not as pliable as I expected though but still..... NO outdoors.

Not sure what to expect either -- one of mine is FCFS as well, and isn't one that I've hit up regularly.  Only have stopped there for the KD seat pleasant release

I will probably give it a shot 
smokin.gif
so far thats what ive been told too im gonna call everyday til then tho..mayb bcoz its a friday release they dnt mind fcfs..hopefully itll weed these little kids out coz they got school
I just wonder why they raffled shoes like the yoth kobe's and christmas lebrons stuff that sat for weeks, but are doing fcfs for these, do they expect nobody to want them?

Back
Top Bottom