THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
If someone pays $225 + for some kicks they can wear them anyway that they want to. Who is anyone else to judge?

right.
its just like people who buys ferrari or porsche but dont drive fast.
also. Most people who bought the fomposites dont wear them on court despite they were state of the art basketball shoes in the late 1990s.
Everyone should be free to wear what he/she wants.

nerd.gif

PLEASE GOD RELEASE THESE!!!...CMON NIKE!..I KNOW THAT THERES YELLOW ON THEM AND THATS HALF WAY TO A LAKER COLORWAY BUT...ITS OK NIKE..ITS OK TO RELEASE A LAKER COLORWAY FOR A LAKER...DONT BE SCARED..ITS OK..LOL

man as much as i like em....thed be pretty hard to keep clean...1 little smudge prob wont beable to come out of that flynit??...but i can live with that nike,,,,JUST RELEASE THIS FREAKIN COLORWAY!! PLEASE!! LOL

Last edited:
did I miss something? People are clamoring for this colorway?! This is a nightmare on feet man. All white
flyknit?! not to mention if you use them for basketball.

The zk6 released an exact colorway:
View media item 797654
people didn't exactly drool over them. The limited/promo/PE tag is always a factor in "taste" SMH.

Qft. Gotta remember most people that are in the kobe threads now dont know much of kobes before the Viis.

Last edited:
boxing + basketball shoes hybrid 8)

View media item 797662
china always got XDR version, shoes fit lil big and mad high but lunar insole feels much more thicker compare to kobe 8

Last edited:
masterpiece samples...

If you're talking about the original photo, I'm not so sure? That multi colored tongue and painted ankle section seems to have a pretty unique theme of its own. And the fly knit looks almost olive green and only little bits of yellow or orange, and then the icy soles...I dunno could just be something else all together?

^
^
right? I just can't believe what I'm reading sometimes. Pure hype generating. I bet you if they released that in GR quantities for 225 before tax people will PASS. That's just a horrible execution.

Anyone else's Hoh doing the raffle system just for the pack and if you win and get a call they ask which one they want? Couple down here are.

These are looking to be the most limited out of the AS releases this year. Pairs moving around $400/425 on the bay.
eek.gif
sick.gif

Long time lurker, member of the old NT forums but i had to create an account to post my 2 cents.

Dudes complaining about the $225 price point are insane. Its very fair IMO and you gotta consider thats just how much Nike is charging for anything "flyknit".

You got flyknit running shoes going for $160 plus, $160 for a shoe made just for running?? I made the mistake of balling in some running shoes before ie. frees lol lets just say i deserved broke ankles. You can't really expect a sig from Kobe, and a basketball shoe at that to be less than $200. Seen this in person and the details and quality are on point. bummed i struck out on the MP's which in my opinion are the best CW but the allstars are growing me real fast.

Last edited:
Tried these on at home. I'm really on the fence about these. Forefoot and midfoot lockdown is phenomenal. Really can't ask for a better fit. Problem lies in the heel lockdown. When I take off, my heel ever so slightly lifts from the shoe. Considering the carbon fiber used, I was mildly surprised. I don't think it'll pose a problem, but it is annoying. I suspect I would have to get used to it.

The shoe also feels really stiff straight out of the box. I'm going to guess the shoe needs to be broken in. The high top feeling is also something to get used to, especially if you're used to wearing Kobe 8s. It's not "thin" at all. Pretty thick if you ask me.

Ankle restriction, not-so-perfect heel lockdown, and the overall stiffness is definitely something to get used to coming from the 8s. I hope it gets better as the shoe breaks in. Heel lockdown may be solvable by using a higher insert (Lebron 11 inserts), or become worse depending on what the source of the problem is.

Tried these on at home. I'm really on the fence about these. Forefoot and midfoot lockdown is phenomenal. Really can't ask for a better fit. Problem lies in the heel lockdown. When I take off, my heel ever so slightly lifts from the shoe. Considering the carbon fiber used, I was mildly surprised. I don't think it'll pose a problem, but it is annoying. I suspect I would have to get used to it.

The shoe also feels really stiff straight out of the box. I'm going to guess the shoe needs to be broken in. The high top feeling is also something to get used to, especially if you're used to wearing Kobe 8s. It's not "thin" at all. Pretty thick if you ask me.

Ankle restriction, not-so-perfect heel lockdown, and the overall stiffness is definitely something to get used to coming from the 8s. I hope it gets better as the shoe breaks in. Heel lockdown may be solvable by using a higher insert (Lebron 11 inserts), or become worse depending on what the source of the problem is.
if u paying 225 plus for a shoe thats considered one of the best bball shoe rite now, it shouldnt need any changes. just put and hoop

Back
Top Bottom