THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
^^considered one of the best basketball shoes by who, a bunch of Kobe stans?

Has anyone seen any performance reviews anywhere?

if u paying 225 plus for a shoe thats considered one of the best bball shoe rite now, it shouldnt need any changes. just put and hoop
Don't know if it's considered one of the best basketball shoes right now. Dudes haven't really played in it for a good amount of time to really test that out. The Kobe 8 and Lebron 11 can give these a run for its money.

This maybe a dumb question but once the detail 9's are released in March only mids and EM lows will be released?

all kobes from 4-8 except em horrible7s were best guard shoes imo and needed no fixin
Well that's the ups and downs of trying out new tech. You either have a hit (the 8s with EM) or you have a miss (the 7s as a whole). I still think the 9s are up in the air. Definitely not as bad as the 7s, but at least to me, a downgrade from the 8s.

Other than flyknit on a basketball shoe, what new tech is there?
Other than? How many shoes out there get more than 1 new tech, if they even get anything at all? And I should probably correct myself. It's not the new tech that's troubling me, it's the concept itself (high top, proprioceptive feel BS), execution of the concept (restrictive high top) and just basic flaws (heel lockdown). The flyknit itself is really awesome.

Fellow big footers, can anyone who has either a 13 or 14 give me a comparison on how they fit compared to the Kobe 8 13s and 14s. I have 6 size 13 8s and 7 size 14 8s and the 13s are tolerable, but I have a wide foot so the 14s are a lot more comfortable in the toebox area. Are the 9s toebox wide like the 8s or just longer as some have said on the lower sizes? I need to know because I won't be able to try the ASG on in the store on Friday (GF is going to pick them up) so I just wanted to see which size I should get.
Well, a little late but whatever.

I was a 14 in the 4, 5, 6 and 8

15 in the 7

I went for a 15 with the MP and that was definitely the right choice.

The Toebox is a little roomy but you can perfectly adjust it with the Flywire.

The insole is slightly longer then the 14 of the 8 but definitely not a full size.

To me the 15 is more like a 14.5

Hope this helps.

Other than? How many shoes out there get more than 1 new tech, if they even get anything at all? And I should probably correct myself. It's not the new tech that's troubling me, it's the concept itself (high top, proprioceptive feel BS), execution of the concept (restrictive high top) and just basic flaws (heel lockdown). The flyknit itself is really awesome.

Lebrons got armor posite, lunarlon and full length zoom

And Melo's got flightplate and zoom with tougher and more premium materials than the XX8.

Some guys gas certain sigs because of their love for the player.

It remains to be seen how great the 9's will be.

Between the insert bottoming out and the EM stretching and loosing shape so easily, I really don't understand the infatuation with the 8's

And Melo's got flightplate and zoom with tougher and more premium materials than the XX8.

Between the insert bottoming out and the EM stretching and loosing shape so easily, I really don't understand the infatuation with the 8's

To clarify, i meant new tech in basketball shoes, not just in a sig. Hyperposite, lunarlon, full length zoom, flight tech, and leather have all been tried before.

So are the 3 Kobe 9's dropping in March all GRs? I really hope so bc I'd want to get them on discount and have a pair to hoop in.  I'm not hooping in my MP's or Maestro's lol

Day 2- taking em to the gym. Laced up only to the second highest hole this time hoping it will alleviate the issue of the sleeve cutting into my leg and open up movement. Fixed the dig into my leg, still feel like I have a cast on my foot.one THree words- RE STRIC TIVE.

If I knew for sure the Details would be GRs I might sit the Maestros out.

I like the different black and white flyknit patterns but the GITD and stain glass pattern on the ankle area is just on the boarder of being too much for me.

I think I purchased enough crazy color shoes during last years AS weekend to last me a while.

After a while owning all that stuff becomes more of a burden because I rarely ever wanna wear them over some of the more basic c/w's I own.

Well the flyknit itself is not new, for example the LB XIs had the lunar/zoom combo as the cushion in a removable insole. That was never seen before. The "armorposite" was also new, but it was very similar to foam (I think it's better than foam but I may be in the minority on that)

All I was saying Fly knit and lunar again, plus that price? And people saying it's not as comfy as the 8? I'll pass it looks like...

I like the different black and white flyknit patterns but the GITD and stain glass pattern on the ankle area is just on the boarder of being too much for me.

I think I purchased enough crazy color shoes during last years AS weekend to last me a while.

After a while owning all that stuff becomes more of a burden because I rarely ever wanna wear them over some of the more basic c/w's I own.

I agree. I only wanted the MPs but I couldn't get them and the Maestros are the only other color I like but they have too many colors

Whats KD got?

looks like inspirations to me. Unless you can prove me wrong otherwise.
the pair in the pic with the white ones are a PE pair.. They look like Young's PE.  The inspirations have the yellow lining, and slightly different pattern print

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom