THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
There will by hype for MJ because it will be limited and probably a very unique looking shoe. I'm assuming the guy was talking about the grey, blue and blk/orange pairs.

Last edited:
Nobody here knows what hype will be like on any of the upcoming c/w's

I wasn't that long ago that a few ppl in this thread were predicting the MPs to sit.

Ok so, Definetly not feeling the traction BUT.... As far as restriction goes I went back to one sock instead of double socking and actually kept the forefoot a little looser laced, laced tight toward the ankle and gradually got looser all the way up to the second from top hole to open up a but if mobility for my ankle. It made a big difference in range of motion yet still maintained a secure lockdown.... But this is still no low. Furthermore , I'm used to always tight lacing and don't think this is the answer with this shoe. The design of the insert comes up around the foot and keeps it from sliding anywhere basically the upper flyknit just holds it down so not necessary to just completely strangle your foot as I typically do. My opion has definitely improved toward the IX on the second, and more legitimate trial, I STILL WISH THEY WOULD QUIT TAMPERING WITH HERRINGBONE. Leave it the hell alone, it isn't broke so quit trying to fix it. Only one other traction has performed for me in the same manner as herringbone and that is the xx8s traction. Pick one of those two and stay with it. All this story telling nonsense is idiotic. Anyways.... Just my. .02 for those who were interested in yesterday's assessment. Excited to hear what you all are thinking about the shoes performance

Lebrons got armor posite, lunarlon and full length zoom

And Melo's got flightplate and zoom with tougher and more premium materials than the XX8.

Some guys gas certain sigs because of their love for the player.

It remains to be seen how great the 9's will be.

Between the insert bottoming out and the EM stretching and loosing shape so easily, I really don't understand the infatuation with the 8's
Don't know about everyone else's em and kobe 8's but I switch between the black gold elite heel zoom and cushlon inserts to the superhero forefoot and heel zoom phylon inserts, and the LUNARLON regular inserts and love them. The superhero are my go to kobe 8 set up. But all of my kobe 8 pairs' engineered mesh have held up perfect. Nothing to where its a fault on the shoe, to me the em is amazing. Lightweight breathable and no creases. Been durable to me. But talkin about the 9's, my masterpieces should be arriving tomorrow. Can't wait to ball in these babies.

the flightplate tech is pretty impressive but da system aint durable; look at all em peeps sayin their unlocked air zoom be poppin or outsole be rippin 

lik i always said herringbone is da BEST but nike gotta mix it up so they can sell different shoes and make mo money 

ALL BOUT DA FAT DOLLAR

I've tried the MPs and the UA Charge Volt and they feel very similar. I'd say the Charge Volt has a softer more flexible upper. The flynit on the MP is really stiff out of the box and seems to be reinforced by TPU but its hard to tell. Either flyknit is wrapped around TPU or weave is tight enough to make it feel like plastic. The lunarlon seems more compressed and firmer, giving it more of a micro g feel, which I think is great. I thought the lunarlon in the Kobe 8 was too soft to play in more than a couple of hours. The firmer zoom phylon insole in the Kobe Elite 8 is way better for ball. MPs are a little more flexible underfoot than the UA Charge Volt.

The collar is pretty thick at the top but it has some give right around the circular looking flex point. I think if you love playing in lows you might as well wait for the 9 lows (hopefully flyknit). The collar will take some getting used to similar to the UA Charge Volt. I prefer lows but the Charge Volt lows have zero heel lockdown compared to the Charge Volt high. I actually think the UA may have executed the collar better because its a bit more flexible than the MP. I'm sure the MP will break in though at some point because there is some give. The MP is made of better, more durable materials which is probably why it feels stiffer out of the box.

I can't really comment on traction because I play on a really dusty linoleum court. I've only had decent traction with the Kobe 8s.

MP hype is adding to the hype of the other colorways coming out, plain and simple.

Personally, to the poster who gave the image of the white/yellow 6, I believe the white/yellow 9 is given more attention due to 1. hype the MP is getting and 2. better overall design.

Lol I like the KDs

Zoom in the forefront air max in the heel.

Lightweight material with great lockdown.

Maybe the best low cut shoe available right now, especially for the price.
While many may think otherwise, I agree with you here! haha

KD VI has been great for me on court.  Upper material feels a little cheapy, but it gets the job done and keeps you secure.  Love that forefoot zoom too.  Traction is my only dislike.

I'd say one of the best low cuts available from recent releases

My MPs are scheduled to come in today, but no tracking updates for the past 48 hours 
nerd.gif
  Quit playin USPS... 
embarassed.gif

For the guy that said the flyknit seems to be lined with tpu, I agree it's lined with. Something, almost seems like the sane fuse used to reinforce the em of the 8 but instead of the cage they used on the 8 they literally completely lined the flyknit with it.

For the guy that said the flyknit seems to be lined with tpu, I agree it's lined with. Something, almost seems like the sane fuse used to reinforce the em of the 8 but instead of the cage they used on the 8 they literally completely lined the flyknit with it.
I had a feeling this might be the case from the get go...

Does it seem this way throughout the entire upper?  Is it just very thick flyknit up front?

I had a feeling this might be the case from the get go...

Does it seem this way throughout the entire upper?  Is it just very thick flyknit up front?
The tip of the toe box and the midfoot are definitely reinfored and stiff. The flyknit over the big toe joint has some give and overall the flyknit at the flex point has less reinforcement. I'd say stay true to size with these because the changes in material are very sublte. I wear an 11.5 in Kobe 8 but an 11 in these fit perfect and I have a wide feet.

The flyknit feels nothing like the lunar flyknits. I don't want to say its more for show but its nowhere near as soft.

The tip of the toe box and the midfoot are definitely reinfored and stiff. The flyknit over the big toe joint has some give and overall the flyknit at the flex point has less reinforcement. I'd say stay true to size with these because the changes in material are very sublte. I wear an 11.5 in Kobe 8 but an 11 in these fit perfect and I have a wide feet.

The flyknit feels nothing like the lunar flyknits. I don't want to say its more for show but its nowhere near as soft.
Thanks for the thoughts.  Interesting too that you said this lunar has more of a micro G feel.  Looking forward to trying that

I've got a narrow foot and like a snug feel so I went with a half down in these.  Very eager to try them -- supposed to arrive today which I hope is the case 
laugh.gif

Those are too ill!!! That all white flyknit is probably hard as heck to clean though. Still waiting for the hype to die down/ID to cop a pair of these. The early performance reviews got me worried though.

That's my concern, it's like wearing a white tee on your feet.

Ballers can always get a pair to hoop when other colorways come out as general releases, so I don't see the point of ballers being angry at those who got the masterpiece and rock em casually(plus they may ball in em too). The shoes belong to them, they like the shoes and can wear them in whichever way they like, so stop expressing your anger of not getting a pair by judging ppl's taste, its really childish. 

A little wear on concrete really helped the traction.... :smile:

THERES THAT SQUEAK IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR..... No slipping, sooooooo much better.

Last edited:

Ballers can always get a pair to hoop when other colorways come out as general releases, so I don't see the point of ballers being angry at those who got the masterpiece and rock em casually(plus they may ball in em too). The shoes belong to them, they like the shoes and can wear them in whichever way they like, so stop expressing your anger of not getting a pair by judging ppl's taste, its really childish. 
good point kathy, these folks are a different kind of hypebeast in my opinion......they "need" to have the newest bball shoes on court or they'll die or something!.......yet they call others hypebeast for coppin em casually 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom