THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Ballers can always get a pair to hoop when other colorways come out as general releases, so I don't see the point of ballers being angry at those who got the masterpiece and rock em casually(plus they may ball in em too). The shoes belong to them, they like the shoes and can wear them in whichever way they like, so stop expressing your anger of not getting a pair by judging ppl's taste, its really childish. 

very true, i dont wear kobe's casually, just for ball. thats why i am not tripping on the mp's.

Anybody know what's up with HOH in Crabtree Mall Raleigh, NC? I feel like those guys are giving me the run around about if they will release them on Friday

just sent my girl out to the stores in 34st, Footaction isn't getting them. HoH and the Footlocker is doing FCFS, a lot more hectic if you ask me. 

Ballers can always get a pair to hoop when other colorways come out as general releases, so I don't see the point of ballers being angry at those who got the masterpiece and rock em casually(plus they may ball in em too). The shoes belong to them, they like the shoes and can wear them in whichever way they like, so stop expressing your anger of not getting a pair by judging ppl's taste, its really childish. 

The Kobe Stans think because they plan to hoop in a shoe that they are entitled to or more qualified to own that shoe.

I've always been in love with whatever hoop shoe I was playing in at the time. Whenever something new comes out I'm never in a hurry to try it out unless I absolutely have to.

I can't help but feel like these dudes just want to be the first guys at their gym to show off the 9's. You don't even know how it plays, you can't be that hard pressed to try it out.

stupid on their part if you ask me. Gotta get security and extra employees to keep people in check. People going to be cutting lines and bringing family members to buy multiple pairs. A raffle is honestly the fairest and safest way, not only for the consumers, but for the store and its workers in general. 34st is already crazy as it is.

A little wear on concrete really helped the traction....
smile.gif

THERES THAT SQUEAK IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR..... No slipping, sooooooo much better.
this is what I like to hear. There was def a film on mine out the box, but that's long gone now. I still think the traction of these > 8. And the 8 > Lebron Xi in my opinion. A lot of people say that the XX8SE were the standard for traction, but I always went to my 8's when I was slipping. Wasn't ever really a fan of the XX8SE. Just couldn't feel comfortable in them.

The Kobe Stans think because they plan to hoop in a shoe that they are entitled to or more qualified to own that shoe.

I've always been in love with whatever hoop shoe I was playing in at the time. Whenever something new comes out I'm never in a hurry to try it out unless I absolutely have to.

I can't help but feel like these dudes just want to be the first guys at their gym to show off the 9's. You don't even know how it plays, you can't be that hard pressed to try it out.

ALL THIS. The so called "ballers" complaining are hype beast. If it was all about balling and tech the CW shouldn't matter. They just want to flex on court and be first.

I hate that damn phrase anyway.

It's arguably the lamest ish having to do with sneakers today.

This group of people who buy shoes thinking they are more noble than that group of people who buy shoes, based on the reason they buy their shoes?

It's ridiculous.

This group of people who buy shoes thinking they are more noble than that group of people who buy shoes, based on the reason they buy their shoes?

It's ridiculous.

Exactly.

Everybody's money is green... Nike doesn't care who gives it to them.

Whether it's for casual use, performance or just to stay DS in someone's collection... EVERYBODY has to pay the same $225.

It's ridiculous.

Meh, sneaker head = hypebeast . Same thing

A little wear on concrete really helped the traction....
smile.gif

THERES THAT SQUEAK IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR..... No slipping, sooooooo much better.
Nice!  This happened to me with the KD VI -- hooped a little bit outdoors and they were a lot better indoor afterwards

The tip of the toe box and the midfoot are definitely reinfored and stiff. The flyknit over the big toe joint has some give and overall the flyknit at the flex point has less reinforcement. I'd say stay true to size with these because the changes in material are very sublte. I wear an 11.5 in Kobe 8 but an 11 in these fit perfect and I have a wide feet.

The flyknit feels nothing like the lunar flyknits. I don't want to say its more for show but its nowhere near as soft.

And this is exactly what I feared, the idea sounds great, but having flyknit for the upper is tricky for a sport like basketball. Remains to be seen, if I can get my hands on them I will definitely give them a go.

Design-wise, they look amazing, tho!

Exactly.

Everybody's money is green... Nike doesn't care who gives it to them.

Whether it's for casual use, performance or just to stay DS in someone's collection... EVERYBODY has to pay the same $225.

While I agree, I do find it a little ridiculous people buy all these shoes and some are never worn. I'm not going to label people broadly, but what's the point of that? I ask not to ridicule, but to actually find out. Is it cause people like collecting them a la stamps, postcards, etc.? If so, fine - never bothered me. I just couldn't understand it.

At least those who buy to rock casually are still wearing them, but then again there could be something I'm missing. At the end of the day, like others said, your money - do what ya want with it!

Honestly the shoe is made of a shell. The shell is what holds it together. You can throw flyknit, EM, leather, posite, whatever you want, and it wouldn't matter. Flyknit it just the newest thing out like how me was last year.

I do see durability being an issue with the flyknit though

People buy shoes for 1 of 3 reasons: 1- they flat out love the shoe (for casual or athletic wear), 2- they want it becaus other people want and/or have it (possible definition of hypebeast), 3- they want to sell it and turn a buck.

I would say that the first and second groups are similar because sometimes people in the second group don't realize they love the shoe only because others do; they could feel that they genuinely love the shoe. I think that most people don't like the 3rd group because they suck up a lot of the inventory, which inhibits the first two groups from getting shoes they want to keep. Now don't get me wrong, I get annoyed when I miss out on a pair I really want and see people posting multiple pairs on eBay for crazy prices but I can't be mad for people who are trying to make money. Look at ticket brokers, how easy it for people to get tickets to any major event by simply purchasing a ticket from the venue directly?

Truth is, it all sucks! Everyone blames everyone else, people are pissed at Nike and question their business practice... But how many companies create such a craze over products, that people resort to physical violence, or any of the various unethical means used just to acquire it (flappy birds seems to be up there)? Nike is doing a phenomenal marketing job, and has been for a long while now. As I said, it's annoying and it sucks but at the end of the day: it is what it is!

^Nike does what they do to make money... and they're masters at it.

If you were to tell me that when the Vs or VIs released, that the 9 would debut at $225 (and SELL OUT), I woulda thought you were outta your everlovin mind!

Nike makes a shoe somewhat limited, we (consumers) do all the work by hyping it up ourselves, and then those of us who miss out blame Nike... while possibly getting even hungrier for the next release.

Meanwhile, Nike just sits back and countinously adds up their record breaking revenue...

Just another day at the office.

lol cuz we hypin nikes big d 2 much
tru. A lot of hoopers i know won't even try other brands. I've had adidas, under armours, reeboks. WHatever feels comfortable and performs well is what I want. Couldn't care less what brand it is

To me, buying a brand new tech'd out shoe only to wear it casually kind of makes you a hypebeast in my mind. But theyre your kicks do whatever you want with them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom