THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Nike conned me into buyin UGGs and I aint eem know it.

WELP. I hope they dont end up leaning like banged up uggs

Last edited:
@3dgarfly23  didnt realize that was your pic on IG E. Glad you caught a pair of 9s 
smokin.gif

just got my Masterpiece. kinda hard to put on. Anyone know how to clean these when they get dirty? Will Jason Markk work?

Hoping to give them a run tomorrow.  Been a busy week so I haven't had much time to hoop.  Looking forward to it

looking for some input from homies that have seriously balled in these kicks. I'm talking competitive 5 on 5. I have that dead space above the toe that nightwing was talking about. Width and length fit perfect, just like all my other basketball shoes, but the dead space creates a lack of containment and I felt a blister forming on the corner of my toe. I never had this issue with my Kobe 8 in the same size. I was even able to try a ".5 size down" Kobe 9 because Niketown NYC wouldn't let me try on shoes, so I bought a size down and my normal size. The smaller size, length wise was a no go. Toes are right against the front, so a jammed toe nail is a guarantee. Plus width wise, there were snug so I am positive that 9.5 is my size. Looking at the way the shoe is designed, I can see why there is dead space: because of the hyperfuse base in the toe box. It's so stiff and creates a gap. Has anyone else noticed this? Input? FYI, I was using Nike HyperElite socks not thin socks. Double socking is not an option either. Unless I double sock with 2 nike hyperelite socks. Which I would probably never do.

**** man! Might have to go back to Kobe 8s. For what it's worth, the Kobe 9 traction is on par with the Kobe 8, in my opinion. 

Last edited:

looking for some input from homies that have seriously balled in these kicks. I'm talking competitive 5 on 5. I have that dead space above the toe that nightwing was talking about. Width and length fit perfect, just like all my other basketball shoes, but the dead space creates a lack of containment and I felt a blister forming on the corner of my toe. I never had this issue with my Kobe 8 in the same size. I was even able to try a ".5 size down" Kobe 9 because Niketown NYC wouldn't let me try on shoes, so I bought a size down and my normal size. The smaller size, length wise was a no go. Toes are right against the front, so a jammed toe nail is a guarantee. Plus width wise, there were snug so I am positive that 9.5 is my size. Looking at the way the shoe is designed, I can see why there is dead space: because of the hyperfuse base in the toe box. It's so stiff and creates a gap. Has anyone else noticed this? Input? FYI, I was using Nike HyperElite socks not thin socks. Double socking is not an option either. Unless I double sock with 2 nike hyperelite socks. Which I would probably never do.

**** man! Might have to go back to Kobe 8s. For what it's worth, the Kobe 9 traction is on par with the Kobe 8, in my opinion. 
That's tough man... what about a Lebron XI insert?  From others it sounds that like takes care of some of the dead space.

This may be a biased question in this thread but would it be a good trade, my DB3s for MP's?

That's tough man... what about a Lebron XI insert?  From others it sounds that like takes care of some of the dead space.
Yeah good thing I have two Lebron XI that I don't use. Just a shame that I can't just use the lunarlon insert. I prefer it.

And yes, the carbon fiber clear coat scuffs off very easily. I know someone back a few pages said theirs got messed up after one gym session. Mine got scuffed too. No biggie though. Didn't buy for casual wear. 

Last edited:

Most the time I wear a fresh black or grey t-shirt. Some khaki shorts and fresh kicks. I like the kicks to be the focal point. Why else am I dropping $250+/- on them.....
im the same way......i got a closet full of black/grey tees like a cartoon character..
laugh.gif

I know awhile back some dude dropped some intel on upcoming colors like the "Quests" and "Unleashed," and I know there are rumored to be the Michael Jackson and Jordan 3 colors but do we have any update or more concrete details on what's to come after the March releases? I know it sounds like I'm answering my own question :D

Back
Top Bottom