THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
@chiacrack  I noticed my pair was different in height measuring the liner for both sides. My right shoe is shorter than the left. It also seems to me the tongue is not as wide and not as high as my MP's

I'm with everyone when it comes to crazy resell prices. Not gonna lie I sold my tiffs for 315 shipped via paypal to alleviate some of the reseller price for the Kobe asg. I offered one guy 325 shipped via paypal and he said, "No Thanks". The auction ended at 355. Now, eBay took 35 off top and paypal another 10, so he made 310.

Next, guy I offered the same price....325 shipped.....he accepted. After shipping he made about 300, so we are talking a price difference of 10 bucks. It all depends on the person. I know when I sell, I take everything into consideration.

Last edited:
Yeah that means they aren't feeling them, which means it's an opinion... or am I missing something?

I'm not trying to start a pissing match, he is basically saying he likes the highs while others are expressing they don't like them for whatever reason.

I would like to know if people see any difference at all in the lunar from this and the lunar insert in the 8 - basically, is it the exact same? It'd be cool if they could make it more dense for the 9. Hope to snag a pair of the highs in March, we shall see...

Got the all stars I just find them way too high so I'm trading it for the bred 1s would you say its a fair deal?

@chiacrack  I noticed my pair was different in height measuring the liner for both sides. My right shoe is shorter than the left. It also seems to me the tongue is not as wide and not as high as my MP's
oh boy damn it, the other pairs I looked at looked better but the sellers didnt contact me until later and I really didn't notice this until I was inspecting the pictures again

crap I hope it doesnt really matter and look weird, I was going to fold it down anyway

Why are dudes thirsting for lows?

There's been like at least 200 color ways in Kobe low series and many of the models look the same

Let the highs cook for a bit....if you don't like them don't buy them

:x

Lows are why I didn't own a Nike Kobe until these came out. I hate lows and 4-8 look the same :smh:

^I have to totally disagree on the 4 - 8 looking the same... the only thing identical, in my eyes, is that they're considered lows.

But there's definitely no mistaking these Kobe 9 Elites for anything that has come previously in the Kobe line... definitely a distinctive shoe.

:smokin

Last edited:
Why are dudes thirsting for lows?

There's been like at least 200 color ways in Kobe low series and many of the models look the same

Let the highs cook for a bit....if you don't like them don't buy them

because i actually ball in my shoes.. and lows > highs

My go to shoes for hoopin are blitz blue 8's. This is out of my KD VI, XX8 SE, and Kobe 9 sneakers. So to find out that there will be a kobe 9 EM blitz blue is perfect. Can't wait for that drop.

Just saw Kobe is gonna be out another 3 weeks...we may never see him in an actually game in the 9's, low and high

^I have to totally disagree on the 4 - 8 looking the same... the only thing identical, in my eyes, is that they're considered lows.

But there's definitely no mistaking these Kobe 9 Elites for anything that has come previously in the Kobe line... definitely a distinctive shoe.

smokin.gif
Co-sign. I ball in lows a lot more than highs. Highs to me are nothing compared to the Kobe IX elites. I prefer lows. Kobe 4-8 is very distinctive to me, everybody think they look the same because it's low top. 

Just saw Kobe is gonna be out another 3 weeks...we may never see him in an actually game in the 9's, low and high

The Kobe 9 will be around from Feb 2014 to Jan 2015, so even if Kobe sits out the remainder of this season (he should IMO), the 9s will still be in full swing when the new NBA season begins in October.

chiacrack chiacrack yeah I know one pair of my masterpieces came out like that. I don't think not will be that noticeable on foot anyways. If at all, you could ask for a partial refund because this defect was never mentioned in the listing and ask for like $15 bucks back or slime thing

@chiacrack yeah I know one pair of my masterpieces came out like that. I don't think not will be that noticeable on foot anyways. If at all, you could ask for a partial refund because this defect was never mentioned in the listing and ask for like $15 bucks back or slime thing
we went through PP invoice off the bay though, I really don't care about the back, but do you think the tongue is mismatched like that or do you think the one is just tucked down farther?

if the tongue isn't the same heigh I am gonna supper bummed out man

believe me... I know that. Just pisses me off... dudes know who I am, cant answer who he is when I ask? At least be respectful instead of "HAHAHAHAHAH" as a response. Or the other dude straight up ignoring me. I dont do that when receiving offers on ebay, Im always respectful and counteroffer if I dont like the offer.

like is said... its cool. No salt here, I wasnt expecting retail because Im on NT. A respectful reply, or even one at all woulda been cool with me.

Na I understand tho. People don't have to be a jerk about it. But it's real nice to occasionally still find people who don't wanna always make a huge profit and just let helping someone else get a sneaker for a decent price. Keep doing nice things for people and eventually you'll get that in return, I hope lol

we went through PP invoice off the bay though, I really don't care about the back, but do you think the tongue is mismatched like that or do you think the one is just tucked down farther?

I think that the tongue looks a little tucked down to me but the collars definitely look like they are different heights. But yeah man that's what I'm saying lol. With PayPal you can open up a claim and you can ask for a partial refund or to return it or something.

i think the tongue is just not pulled up on one shoe. The common "defect" is the sock liner being taller on one shoe than the other. My Masterpieces has a slight difference, but my Maestro's have almost an inch difference. Shouldn't affect performance though

I play in my shoes too and not every player likes playing in lows in fact I say the majority of players prefer at least a mid cut shoe

Kobe 8s>>>>>

People keep saying bring on the lows and mids because we aint seen the damn shoes.

Theres plenty of the Kobe 8 still out there on the shelves and Nike iD...Hurry up and go get them if you love them so much

But the reality is....that this happens every year people say how much they love the previous model and hate on the new model

Either they eventually buy multiples of the new model or they just keep it moving

Back
Top Bottom