THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
At the end of the day. I just want to have good kicks when I'm playing ball. Idk how I feel about spending 300+ on ball kicks. I feel like anything over 250 for these is basically rape. are these really on the same lines as bred 1s or royal blues. or even white and navy 6s

its so ridiculous they way this game is going. why even bother hyping kb9 if going to sell semi gr. kobe 2's sat on shelves for months. Every kobe up until the 4s came out with chaos. was an easy cop. I really believe that was the turning point to this line.

I've always loved kobes for basketball purposes, cuz I played in college. now its becoming a jordan type of effort. just to have quality basketball kicks

The first "difficult" shoe for me in the Kobe line was the Bruce Lee Vs (glad we had an HoH).. everything before that was pretty easy. I remember getting my Kobe 2s on clearance...

Loved playing in the IVs, Vs, VIs and 8s... haven't thought about playing in my MPs or ASGs tho.

The first "difficult" shoe for me in the Kobe line was the Bruce Lee Vs (glad we had an HoH).. everything before that was pretty easy. I remember getting my Kobe 2s on clearance...

Loved playing in the IVs, Vs, VIs and 8s... haven't thought about playing in my MPs or ASGs tho.

I agree 100%. I just feel people are missing out on the big picture of the shoes. at the end of the day the earth is going to blow up sooner or later. wear your shoes. sell me my size for retail. or don't buy them lol

Calling anyone lazy for not getting a shoe is ridiculous! I tried my damndest and didn't get the Kobe IX ASG for retail and looked everywhere, waited for foreign sites to release, waited in person at a Niketown for left overs EVERYTHING! Some of us WORK everyday and can't be camped out for a shoe. I've been online at 4:58 am with the style code and everything for shoes Missed, missed and more misses. If it wasn't for these threads posting links post release date and me STAYING on NT, I wouldn't have gotten the other shoes for retail. Hell I have friends at the Niketown Santa Monica and it still didn't help. If it wasn't for having a friend on the NIKE Beaverton campus, I wouldn't have gotten the Infrareds for retail. Hell I barely got the Flysteppers and that wasn't a hyped shoe by any means! You got yours for retail, some of us had to pay resale, it is what is is. However, not lazy!

You're just proving my point. Its better to ask members on here about knowledge on which stores will carry what rather than calling or driving up to the store and getting info (if they're willing to disclose it to you) which may or may not be correct.

And yes although NYC is major sneaker scene, not all stores got everything. I'm referring to the ASG were basically almost at every footlocker, even the weak Footlockers that never get anything like the ones in Staten Island the Forgotten Borough.
That doesnt make sense imo tho.

Why should I rely on info or passed on new from members instead of finding out for myself as well?

I will never forget I listened to someone on here when they said that the MP's were sold out at my niketown.I was just about to go up there and believed him and didnt go.Turns out they had plenty left and they restocked the preludes also.

So morally of the story is get your own info as well.They might tell you something and then tell me the correct info and visa versa.

Its a new day and game after the concords.To many people want shoes in general now.

But you are already giving up and overthinking these kobe 9's like to many people on the internet.That thinking is the exact reason why shoes sell out even if they are basic or have no initial hype.People see the false hype and want for shoes on social media and then say oh I got to get them also when they didnt even know about them lol.

The sneaker buyers create false hype amongst each other and thats why nike doesnt even need to say or do anything to sell out shoes every weekend.

Its all fake hype and people fall for it so much now.

For NON TLO releases
I type in the style code and search it at 658 my time.I never use the twitter link for non TLO because it is not needed and usually late.For example for the jordan 6 infrared which was non TLO,I searched the style code and it came up at 659 and was checked out at 7.

And stop using the word rape for paying $100 or so over retail.Its a dumbass term when used for shoe prices.

so for the person trying to sell these for outrageous numbers on ebay. and not just these any shoe that creates a buzz. that isn't called for "getting shafted"

Calling anyone lazy for not getting a shoe is ridiculous! I tried my damndest and didn't get the Kobe IX ASG for retail and looked everywhere, waited for foreign sites to release, waited in person at a Niketown for left overs EVERYTHING! Some of us WORK everyday and can't be camped out for a shoe. I've been online at 4:58 am with the style code and everything for shoes Missed, missed and more misses. If it wasn't for these threads posting links post release date and me STAYING on NT, I wouldn't have gotten the other shoes for retail. Hell I have friends at the Niketown Santa Monica and it still didn't help. If it wasn't for having a friend on the NIKE Beaverton campus, I wouldn't have gotten the Infrareds for retail. Hell I barely got the Flysteppers and that wasn't a hyped shoe by any means! You got yours for retail, some of us had to pay resale, it is what is is. However, not lazy!
Well like I said you were just unlucky.But you def couldve got them on the uk sites before the nike release because I was up and had couldve gotten them easy but $350 wasnt worth it.

Well like I said you were just unlucky.But you def couldve got them on the uk sites before the nike release because I was up and had couldve gotten them easy but $350 wasnt worth it.
I'm talking about getting them for retail. Yeah, I could've gotten them for $350, but that's ridiculous for a shoe to me. I ended up getting them for $325, which is still ridiculous, but I liked the shoe.

so for the person trying to sell these for outrageous numbers on ebay. and not just these any shoe that creates a buzz. that isn't called for "getting shafted"
No,why does it have to be a term?

It is what it is fam.You either get them,dont get them or pay resell.Its that simple.I paid resell for a shoe this week and it was ok because it is what it is.I wanted the shoe and bought it.No hate towards the game,nike or the reseller.

Life has way to many issues that could arrive to give a damn about shoes.

cosign

I'm talking about getting them for retail. Yeah, I could've gotten them for $350, but that's ridiculous for a shoe to me. I ended up getting them for $325, which is still ridiculous, but I liked the shoe.
Ok,gotcha

All im saying is dont say that these werent available to get or still not available.As I said I understand not paying resell for a shoe but some people lie to themselves about their effort on getting shoes.

For instance,I will never understand camping for a shoe if it is releasing online.By the time you stand in line for hours and get the shoe when the store opens i could get 3 or 4 in 30 mins in my room.Its a new day and this site has taught me so much.

Shoes get people salty and it clouds their minds and process.

Last edited:
No,why does it have to be a term?

It is what it is fam.You either get them,dont get them or pay resell.Its that simple.I paid resell for a shoe this week and it was ok because it is what it is.I wanted the shoe and bought it.No hate towards the game,nike or the reseller.

Life has way to many issues that could arrive to give a damn about shoes.

and that's fine I've paid resell for shoes I wanted as well. But it's stupid to by shoes for that much money and not wear them. or try t sell them for even more. but to each his own

I agree but thats the game now.It is all part of nikes plan.

I personally dont care what each man does with his money or kicks.I will try to help people get them tho.

Last edited:

Ok,gotcha

All im saying is dont say that these werent available to get or still not available.As I said I understand not paying resell for a shoe but some people lie to themselves about their effort on getting shoes.

For instance,I will never understand camping for a shoe if it is releasing online.By the time you stand in line for hours and get the shoe when the store opens i could get 3 or 4 in 30 mins in my room.Its a new day and this site has taught me so much.

again i disagree. You have to understand that sometimes camping out GUARANTEES you a pair. Some stores do FCFS and if you were 1 of the first few to be on that campout line, you pretty much secured your pair. Unless the store is shady and the employees are either selling out the backdoor or holding it for themselves or saving it later for friends. 

For an average person with no bots and only looking to get a pair at RETAIL on NDC or FTL or Finishline etc. for a limited release will miss the shoe 9.5 times out of 10. If you don't believe me, let's get a consensus on how many people tried manually for a pair of preludes? With all the bots and crashes and cancellation emails, if you are that dedicated to getting that shoe, You will camp out for it. I, for one, support camping out LEGITIMATELY (nobody skipping or holding spots or empty beach chairs) versus manually trying to compete against these bots.

EVERYBODY goes through different things when it comes to grabbing a release they want.

Some get lucky online, some with raffles, some have connects, some manage to get lucky with restocks (online or instore), some just walk into a store in the afternoon and grab a pair, some do days of research, some strike out and pay resell, some strike out and say F it... onto the next.

The only thing we have in common is over the years we give Nike our hard earned money multiple times...

Ok,gotcha

youve obviously never camped... Back in the day camping was a good time. You met other dudes with the same interest, talked about kicks and whatever else came up. It was more like hanging out with homies or whatever... Then you go home with a new pair of kicks.

youve obviously never camped... Back in the day camping was a good time. You met other dudes with the same interest, talked about kicks and whatever else came up. It was more like hanging out with homies or whatever... Then you go home with a new pair of kicks.
Yup, i remember when I first camped out, it was a really good experience. Back then, campouts didn't mean a day or 2 days or a week in advance. It was just show up at midnight and be 1 of the first 20 people and you pretty much got your pair on lock. Just the waiting game is left, and you kill time by talking to other sneakerheads. There were no fights, no families being brought out to hold spots and skip lines, and no robbing.

I met one of a really close friend that i met during a campout who also became a connect for me before he quit the shoe game

Last edited:

again i disagree. You have to understand that sometimes camping out GUARANTEES you a pair. Some stores do FCFS and if you were 1 of the first few to be on that campout line, you pretty much secured your pair. Unless the store is shady and the employees are either selling out the backdoor or holding it for themselves or saving it later for friends. 

For an average person with no bots and only looking to get a pair at RETAIL on NDC or FTL or Finishline etc. for a limited release will miss the shoe 9.5 times out of 10. If you don't believe me, let's get a consensus on how many people tried manually for a pair of preludes? With all the bots and crashes and cancellation emails, if you are that dedicated to getting that shoe, You will camp out for it. I, for one, support camping out LEGITIMATELY (nobody skipping or holding spots or empty beach chairs) versus manually trying to compete against these bots.
How are you comparing a super limted shoe in the preludes to basically a GR in the kobe 9 ASG?

My point is there was no need for a bot or help at all on these kobe 9 ASG.My internet is speed is not that fast and I literally like all NON TLO releases type in the style code and got these at 7 no problems or issues.You could not even remotely do that with the preludes and they were much more limited,TLO,Had an early link,ATC's and bots.Plus this kobe 9 ASG was on more sites.
Not really,there is no need to camp for a shoe ever imo.I got to shoe store early for a shoe 1 time before and that was only a 40 min wait.I agree on meeting cool folks and potential friends tho.

camping for kicks could be dangerous now tho.Plus weather in the midwest in crazy.

Last edited:
EVERYBODY goes through different things when it comes to grabbing a release they want.

Some get lucky online, some with raffles, some have connects, some manage to get lucky with restocks (online or instore), some just walk into a store in the afternoon and grab a pair, some do days of research, some strike out and pay resell, some strike out and say F it... onto the next.

The only thing we have in common is over the years we give Nike our hard earned money multiple times...
You got that right.sometimes it takes pure luck.

Truth.

Last time I camped was for the first Altitude 13s, since I knew the manager at FA. He asked me to help since one of his employees called in sick and he gave me the store discount on my pair.

Kinda miss those days, but I don't mind buying shoes on my phone and just waiting for them to arrive.

Back
Top Bottom